** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jun 17th - 22nd

eplodds.jpg

The Premier League is scheduled to make a return on Wednesday 17th June. It's still open to being re-scheduled if the next round of coronavirus tests deliver unexpected results but, for the time being, everything is set to come back on this date. Here are the odds. The ELO ratings will be updated in due course. Give us any thoughts you have on these upcoming games and how the break might impact different teams. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Arsenal have drawn their last 5 away matches in Premier League.
Aston Villa have lost their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Man City have won their last 6 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 92% of Sheff Utd’s last 12 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 17.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-06-2020-19078

Hi All,

Been grinding through a 12 week semi lockdown in South Africa. Just waay to long, feels like the last 4 hours of a 16 hour flight.

A few factors regarding upcoming games. All of these games are uncharted territory. No league games have ever been played in these months.

Interestingly, the majority of games since the restart have finished under the 2.5 goal mark, and it def seems the way to go. 

Players are fed up, they would like to be chilling and spending some of the millions on holiday. 

In addition, I expect games to be played at a slower pace, in the Summer warmth. Nobody wants to look the slouch / unfit , and be gassed after 55 minutes.

Also, it is easier to defend, rather than score goals, especially when nobody is super match fit.

So be looking to go the under 2.5 in most of the upcoming games.

Manchester City vs Arsenal

Manchester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Arsenal

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Calum Chambers (14/1 d), Lucas Torreira (25/1 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Manchester City
13 home games
Arsenal
13 away games
100% Over 1.5 goals 69%
77% Over 2.5 goals 38%
38% Over 3.5 goals 38%
8% Over 4.5 goals 0%
8% Over 5.5 goals 0%
0% Under 1.5 goals 31%
23% Under 2.5 goals 62%
69% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 69%
46% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 15%
31% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 8%

13 hours ago, neilovan said:

Hi All,

Been grinding through a 12 week semi lockdown in South Africa. Just waay to long, feels like the last 4 hours of a 16 hour flight.

A few factors regarding upcoming games. All of these games are uncharted territory. No league games have ever been played in these months.

Interestingly, the majority of games since the restart have finished under the 2.5 goal mark, and it def seems the way to go. 

Players are fed up, they would like to be chilling and spending some of the millions on holiday. 

In addition, I expect games to be played at a slower pace, in the Summer warmth. Nobody wants to look the slouch / unfit , and be gassed after 55 minutes.

Also, it is easier to defend, rather than score goals, especially when nobody is super match fit.

So be looking to go the under 2.5 in most of the upcoming games.

All these years that you've posted here and I'm not only just now realising you're from South Africa! :lol Not like it says you're from Johannesburg on your avatar every time you post after all! Some interesting thoughts there, Neil. I think you raise some very valid points. I do feel the players could be like caged animals though. I'm desperate to get out playing football again and when I do I'm going to be going all out. However, that in turn could see the teams nullify each other. This is like a mini-season with 9-10 games remaining. Will the likes of Sheffield United, Burnley, and Crystal Palace be able to maintain their high league positions?

Aston Villa vs Sheffield United

The Premier League is back ladies, gentlemen, and friends! The opening game of the restart is a 6pm BST clash tonight between relegation battlers Aston Villa and high-flying Sheffield United at Villa Park. These two sides might have only earned promotion from the Championship last season but they've experienced different fortunes in the top flight this season. Will either side pick up the win today?

Aston Villa are fighting a losing battle at the moment. Dean Smith has seen his team struggle to get results this season with the club down in 19th place and 2 points adrift of safety. There is good news though. Not only do the Villains have a game in hand on their rivals down the bottom but influential Scottish midfielder John McGinn is back from a long-term ankle injury that has kept him out since December. Form is not the friend of Villa heading into this game with the club having lost their last four consecutive league matches before the break. It's also been 4 losses from their last 5 home league games against teams in the top half of the table. On the plus side, Villa have scored in 92% of their home league games this season.

Sheffield United will be glad to see the season restart given the fact they're right in the mix for European qualification this season. The Blades are currently sat in 7th place and occupying the last of the Europa League qualification spots. Chris Wilder saw his team win 3 and draw 1 of their previous 4 league games before the suspension. Scoring goals has been an issue with United having only scored 7 goals in their last 9 league games. Away form is the real bonus for the club though with United having only lost 2 of their 13 away league matches this season and having scored in 10 of their last 13 away visits.

Restarting the season means there's a risk of form before the suspension being reset. The way the other major European leagues have restarted suggests that might not be a huge issue. Sheffield United have a big opportunity to cement their position in amongst the European qualification contenders here but is this a fresh start that Aston Villa will seize? I have to base my prediction on the league form so far and I think we should see Sheffield United sneak a win. I am wary of Villa scabbing a draw though.

Sheffield United to Win @ 2.45 with Coral

BTTS @ 1.87 with SportNation

Manchester City vs Arsenal

The big game of the opening round of Premier League fixtures for this restart comes at the Etihad Stadium tonight in an 8:15pm BST kick-off when Manchester City will look to delay Liverpool's title celebrations by attempting to take all 3 points against an inconsistent Arsenal side. The master meets the apprentice as Pep Guardiola faces off against his former assistant manager Mikel Arteta.

Manchester City might not have retained their top flight title (or maybe they will?! :lol) but they remain a very effective side. The Citizens have been banned from European football for two seasons after breaching FFP regulations. The Champions League is still up for grabs but you have to question what motivation these players have for the remainder of this season? The club are in 2nd place and 25 points behind league leaders Liverpool with just 10 league games left for Guardiola's side. One player that loves playing against Arsenal is Sergio Aguero. The Argentine striker has bagged 10 goals in his last 12 games against the Gunners. Guardiola himself also has a superb record at home against Arsenal having won 6 and drawn 1 of his 7 home games against them.

Arsenal do appear to be improving under Arteta. The Gunners are still down in 9th place but the performance statistics are getting better and the team are undefeated in the league in 2020 with 8 league games unbeaten including winning their last 3 league games in a row. That stat seems a lot more impressive with the covid-19 outbreak suspension. Arsenal have appeared to half-resolved their away day troubles with Arteta having ground out 5 consecutive away draws in the league. Admittedly, they've not been wins but they're not defeats either! The bad news is that Arsenal have won just 1 of their 11 league games played against sides placed higher than them in the table this season.

There is no doubt that Arteta has had a positive impact on Arsenal since replacing Unai Emery has manager. Guardiola will be all too aware of how good his former protege is but he'll also feel his Manchester City side should be taking the win in this one. This match is unlikely to be the landslide that it has been over previous years. I can see a much more closely fought affair but I still see City as the favourites.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.00 with Coral

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.85 with Betway

Preview: Premier League is back! And already in the first round after the break, we will watch the derby between Manchester City and Arsenal. Citizens are currently holding the 2nd place with 4 points more than 3rd Leicester, while Arsenal have another difficult season - currently 9th, but the 5th Manchester United is only 5 points in front. The referee will be Anthony Taylor, who we can remember from the match between PSG and Borussia Dortmund where he gave 7 yellow and 1 red card.

Manchester City lost the Manchester derby right before the virus outbreak and will be looking to bounce back with the positive result against the Gunners. This break gave their manager Pep Guardiola something that he probably can not remember since he joined the Citizens - it gave him all players available for the match. The team that often have two or even three regulars out due to injuries, will this time be complete and due to the possibility of 5 substitutions, we can expect some tactical changes during the match. City won 5 of the last 6 matches, but except pretty solid performance against Real Madrid in the Champions League, their performances in the league weren't something exceptional.

Arsenal as mentioned is having another season full of ups and downs, and can not find consistency. When you already think things will get better now, they disappoint once again or vice versa - you think they will need a lot of time to recover, and they perform at their best. Therefore they are really hard to predict. They have a strong weapon on their bench in Arteta, who has worked as Guardiola's assistant in City for years and knows the club very well. He can not count on Torreira and Chambers, but has all other players available.

Tough to say what is gonna happen after the break. I expect Manchester City to control the game, having a huge amount of possession as usual but Arsenal on the other hand with players like Lacazette, Aubameyang, Pepe, ... will definitely be dangerous on the break. I think that during the normal season if those two teams are in a normal rhythm of games, those odds are pretty precise, but after the pause, I think there is absolutely no value on the home side. Don't get me wrong, the stats and everything is hardly pointing to a clear home victory and even I do think Citizens will win this match, but odds are as short as 1,35 which means bookies are giving Man City 75% to win the match. Well, for me, given the situation, that's simply too much. With the offensive strength of both sides, and especially due to the fact that City this season simply misses one leader as Kompany (+ injuries of Laporte), I think Arsenal will score at least once here.

Betting suggestion: 

• both to score & over 2,5 goals at 1,943 Pinnacle

Good day my friends ??

Man City has managed to delay Liverpool's title just slightly only with a 3-0 win over Arsenal.

Can Everton add some slight delay towards Liverpool's title ?

I find it difficult to predict how matches will turn out given the lengthy rest due to COVID-19, never know how teams might perform as matches restart.

Odds and statistics are in Liverpool's favour. They have not lost a match against Everton for 10 consecutive years (P21 W11 D10 L0 GF38 GA15)

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Norwich’s last 4 home games in Premier League.
Man Utd are undefeated in their last 5 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 6 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 39 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 19.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-06-2020-19124/

Norwich vs Southampton

The Premier League matches are back after a single day break and the action kicks off at 6pm BST tonight with relegation battlers Norwich taking on mid-table Southampton at Carrow Road. Time is running out for the home side to bridge the gap to safety but they face an away side that only need a couple more wins to realistically secure their top flight status.

Norwich looked dead and buried before the suspension for coronavirus. Daniel Farke's side are rock bottom of the table and 6 points adrift of safety. There was a ray of hope a couple of games before the break when the Canaries sealed a 1-0 win at home against Champions League qualification contenders Leicester. The narrow 1-0 loss to Sheffield United in the following game also offered positivity. The home form of Norwich could be what will save them. They've only suffered 1 defeat in their last 5 home league games and that was a 1-0 loss to league leaders Liverpool. You can also expect an eventful game with an average of 3.57 goals being scored in their home league games this season.

Southampton are in a much more positive place than they were back in October when they lost 9-0 at home to Leicester. Ralph Hasenhuttl's side are now in 14th place and 7 points clear of the drop zone with 9 league games left to play. The Saints have also won 4 of their last 6 away league games. However, that statistic can be turned to show that the club has also suffered 4 losses from their last 5 league games. Their decent run of results relied on the goals scored by striker Danny Ings but the former Liverpool and Burnley man has only bagged 1 goal in the club's last 7 league matches.

This game is a massive opportunity for Norwich to really give their survival chances a glimmer of hope. Their home form has been decent this season for a team in their position with wins coming against the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Manchester City, and Newcastle. Southampton have been more clinical on the road than at home but back-to-back away league defeats leaves me sceptical as to whether they can hit the ground running here. I'm torn between a draw and a home win. I'll favour the draw but would totally understand someone wanting to back Norwich to take the points.

Draw @ 3.50 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with Betfair

Tottenham vs Manchester United

The Premier League throws up a big game in the race for the Champions League qualification places tonight when Tottenham host Manchester United in an 8:15pm BST start at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Jose Mourinho will be looking to get a victory over on his old team as he also looks to re-ignite the hopes that the home team possess for reaching Europe's elite competition against a United side that appear to be resurgent.

Tottenham haven't endured the best of seasons compared to recent years. Mourinho was controversially appointed as the manager back on 20th November to replace the outgoing and popular Mauricio Pochettino. It's been a mixed bag of results for the former United and Chelsea manager who has lifted Spurs up slightly in the table to 8th place and just 4 points outside the coveted Champions League qualification spots. The season suspension came at a time when Tottenham had failed to win any of their previous 6 games. It's a slump in form including the team picking up just 1 point from their 3 league games before the break.

Manchester United have had a rollercoaster of a season with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer courted both the plaudits and the criticism in equal measure since the beginning of the campaign. The Red Devils sit in 5th place and that would be enough for a place in next season's Champions League with Manchester City currently banned from Europe for the next two seasons. In a complete contrast to Spurs, United won 8 and drew 3 of their 11 matches before the suspension kicked in. The signing of Bruno Fernandes in January appears to have had a huge positive impact.

I'm expecting a thrilling encounter here. Mourinho still does not yet have a solid defence that he can use as a foundation at Tottenham. This means he'll need to rely on his attacking strengths but without the suspended Dele Alli it could be a problem here. United come into this game with a strong squad and the potential of a Fernandes and Paul Pogba central midfield is mouth-watering. I think we could see a few goals here with United sneaking a win as Tottenham's rebuild continues to plod along in underwhelming fashion.

Manchester United to Win @ 2.43 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.77 with SportNation

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth’s last 6 games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
West Ham Utd conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Brighton’s last 6 home games in Premier League.
26% of Wolverhampton’s conceded goals occurred in the first 15 minutes in Premier League.

You can find interesting 57 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 20.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-06-2020-19160

Spurs v Man United

I think both teams will be sluggish, and it will be a dull, slow, first half. I think the highest scoring half (second) may be the way to go here at slightly better than even money. I have a feeling United shade the 2nd half , after a 0-0 first half. HT draw FT United at 9/2 looks solid.

Maybe my predictions are slightly biased, as I can't much stand Mourinho. Lets see who he throws under the bus after this game?

He started the excuses early, saying Spurs can't compete financially...

Watford vs Leicester

There is a 12:30pm BST kick-off today in the Premier League when relegation battlers Watford host Champions League qualification contenders Leicester at Vicarage Road. These two teams are competing at opposite ends of the league table but are they more closely matched than the table suggests? Can Nigel Pearson also get one over on his former employers?

Watford had one of the worst starts to an English top flight season this year when they won just 1 of their opening 17 league games. It goes a long way to explaining how Pearson is the third managerial appointment for the Hornets this season after the departures of Javi Gracia and Quique Sanchez Flores. On the positive side, Pearson does appear to have got the team playing effectively. It's 5 wins, 4 draws, and 5 losses in the league for Pearson's men since he took charge. There is a small concern that the new manager bounce might have been starting to wear off with the club having only managed 1 win in their last 7 league games. The team is currently positioned in 17th place and only remain outside the relegation zone on goal difference. The good news is that Watford remain stubborn opposition at home having only lost 3 of their last 12 home league games.

Leicester started this season so well under Brendan Rodgers. A free-flowing style of attacking football won over the affection of a lot of neutrals. The fact that Rodgers has reinvigorated striker Jamie Vardy has been a big bonus for the Foxes. The club is in 3rd place but a dip in form has seen what looked like certain qualification for the Champions League suddenly thrown into doubt. After losing just 2 of their opening 17 league games it's now just 1 win from their last 5 league games. However, that single win was a dominant 4-0 victory over Aston Villa just before the suspension.

I'm not convinced that Leicester can come to Vicarage Road and take all 3 points. If I was forced to pick an outcome I'd go for the draw. I'm tempted by backing Vardy as an anytime scorer because he's bagged 19 goals this season with 9 in his last 11 appearances. He's also scored in all four of his previous appearances against Watford. I'm just not sold on the idea of Leicester winning this one. I'm definitely keen on both teams scoring though.

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Jamie Vardy @ 2.25 with 888Sport

Brighton vs Arsenal

The second game in the Premier League today is a 3pm BST kick-off between relegation battling Brighton and a tired-looking Arsenal at the AMEX Stadium. The home side will be keen to get a win that will help move them away from the relegation zone against an away team that looked like they'd not received the memo that the season had restarted during their midweek league defeat to Manchester City.

Brighton currently sit in 15th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone. Graham Potter has done a solid job of building on the fine work and foundations put in place by former Seagulls manager Chris Hughton. It's a crunch period for the club though. The club's hierarchy made it clear they weren't comfortable with the season restarting so how will that affect their mentality for this game. Brighton are without a win in their last 9 league games but they've also only suffered defeat 3 times during that period. It's also just 1 win in their last 7 home league games. A high number of draws shows they've become a hard team to beat but they still need to turn the odd draw into a win if they're to avoid slipping into the bottom three. It's interesting to see that 3 of the last 4 home games for Brighton have ended 1-1. The ray of light for the team is that they're unbeaten against Arsenal in four meetings.

Arsenal had appeared to be showing signs of improvement under Mikel Arteta before the coronavirus break. The defeat to Manchester City had seemingly undone all the hard work put in place before the suspension. It's clear that the same old issues still remain. Yes, it would be harsh to judge the Gunners entirely on that City result but the defence is still a shambles and the midfield is still absent of a back bone. How long will these problems persist with the club? The decision to fly up to Manchester just a few hours before kick-off on Wednesday was also a big and inexplicable mistake. Arteta was undoubtedly furious with his team's display and the performance of David Luiz. He'll be demanding a reaction and I expect to see one.

Talking of problems that won't go away for Arsenal, their away form remains a problem. No wins in their last 6 away league games and just 1 away win since the opening day of the season is a depressing statistic. I want to back Arsenal but I'm not sure they have enough to do it. The fact that sways it is that Brighton's home form is almost as poor as Arsenal's away form and I think we'll see a reaction from the Gunners to take the win.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.49 with VBet

BTTS @ 1.80 with SportNation

West Ham vs Wolves

The feast of Premier League football continues at 5:30pm BST on Saturday evening when relegation-troubled West Ham take on Champions League contenders Wolves at the London Stadium. Nothing less than a win will be good enough for the home team here as they look to claw themselves away from the bottom three against a visiting team that are dreaming of dining at Europe's top table next season.

West Ham were one of the big voices against restarting the league season. Not hard to see why when you see that they're currently in 16th place and only outside the relegation zone on goal difference. Just 1 win from their last 9 league games is a worrying statistic for the Hammers. This particularly the case given there was so much optimism around a squad that had been boosted by some exciting signings under the management of the highly-acclaimed Manuel Pellegrini. 16 goals conceded in their last 7 league games shows you where the real problem lies. The hope for David Moyes' side is that only Manchester City and Liverpool have kept clean sheets against West Ham at the London Stadium.

Wolves continue to progress in dream land. The Europa League journey will continue in August but for now the club will battle to reach the Champions League via the league. Nuno Espirito Santo's men are in 7th placed but it's quite congested at the top. Wanderers are just 3 points behind 5th placed Manchester United who occupy that last Champions League qualification place but they're also just 4 points ahead of 11th placed Crystal Palace. Fine lines. It's 5 league games unbeaten for Wolves with 4 clean sheets kept during those matches.

It feels like this game will have goals. Both teams managed to score in 9 of the last 11 home matches for West Ham and both teams also scored in 10 of the last 13 away games for Wolves. I would probably have to favour an away win in this one but I'm wary that both sides will be approaching this cautiously. Wolves have to see this as an opportunity to pile the pressure on the top five and there's certainly more pressure on West Ham to deliver given their predicament.

Wolves to Win @ 2.16 with VBet

BTTS @ 1.91 with SportNation

Everton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Newcastle Utd have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Liverpool have won 95% of their last 20 matches in Premier League.
Aston Villa have failed to score in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 92% of Sheff Utd’s last 13 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 21.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-06-2020-19235

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace

The final game of the day in the Premier League is the 7:45pm BST kick-off between Bournemouth and Crystal Palace at the Vitality Stadium. The home side are desperate to get a win due to their precarious position in the relegation zone and they'll be looking to get that win against a visiting team that are looking set to finish comfortably mid-table with faint hopes of gatecrashing the Europa League qualification spots.

Bournemouth are having a season to forget. Eddie Howe saw his team start the campaign reasonably well but just 1 win in 12 league games between 2nd November and 21st January left them down the wrong end of the table and the Cherries have been unable to pull themselves away from that danger zone. No wins in their last 4 league games before lockdown saw that winless trend continue. Goals have been the real issue for Howe's men with the team managing an average of just 1.2 goals per game at home.

Crystal Palace are exceeding expectations this season with the club currently in 11th place and only 4 points outside the Europa League qualification spots. It's a huge credit to Roy Hodgson to see him performing so well with a team that isn't the strongest squad in the league and on a very limited budget. Three consecutive 1-0 wins in the league before the suspension saw the Eagles flying high in the league table. An arduous strategy seems to be the way forward for Hodgson's men with less than 2.5 goals scored in 13 of their last 16 league games this season.

OK, so we can safely say from the get-go that this is not expected to be a thriller. Crystal Palace might not be the great entertainers but their style of play is effective. Bournemouth will be keen to score more. The imminent return of long term injury lay-off David Brooks could be the key to those goals coming but will he hit the ground running after so long out and will he even be selected in the squad this early? I think this will be a game where both teams will simply want to avoid defeat.

Draw @ 3.20 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.72 with Sportingbet

Newcastle vs Sheffield United

The first game scheduled to be played in the Premier League today is a 2pm BST kick-off between Newcastle and Sheffield United at St James' Park. It had been a solid campaign for the home side but results had dried up just before the break. The away side restarted their campaign with a draw in midweek and will be looking for a win to keep the pressure on the top five.

Newcastle fans hated the appointment of Steve Bruce to succeed Rafa Benitez but the former Manchester United captain has done alright in his maiden season so far. The Magpies are in 14th place and even though faint hopes of qualification for Europe appear to have been completely vanquished the threat of relegation is minimal. The team is currently 8 points above the drop zone so a couple of wins should be enough. A big concern for the team right now though is not only the fact that it's now 1 win from their last 6 league games but only 1 goal scored during that period too. It's a problem that has hampered Newcastle all season with the team possessing the joint worst goals scored record in the league with Norwich at 25 goals.

Sheffield United were tipped to win their opening game with Aston Villa on Wednesday but a goal-line technology balls up ensured that didn't happen. Chris Wilder will know his team now face an uphill battle to break into the Champions League qualification places. The Blades are in 7th and only 2 points outside the top five but the chasing pack are closing. One of the worrying stats for United is that they've failed to score in 3 of their last 5 away league games. However, it is 5 league games unbeaten now and their own defence stands tall with three clean sheets of their own during that run.

This is a simple case of me wanting to back the side I feel are producing more quality this season. I feel Sheffield United are superior in so many more areas than Newcastle. I only had to see Joelinton almost slipping a disc in his back trying an audacious bicycle kick in a friendly the other weak to remember how impotent Newcastle are up front. I think we could see a classic United away win by a 1-0 score-line.

Sheffield United Draw No Bet @ 1.73 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.65 with Sportingbet

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

There's no rest for the wicked today in the Premier League with Aston Villa hosting Chelsea in a 4:15pm BST kick-off at Villa Park. It'll be the second home game in less than a week for the home side and they'll be looking to improve their survival chances with a win against a visiting team that have their sights firmly set on reaching the Champions League next season.

Aston Villa were saved by a goal-line technology error on Wednesday night to give them a valuable point against Sheffield United but Dean Smith's team won't be able to rely on such strokes of luck every week. The Villains remain in 19th place but are just 1 point from safety with a game in hand on their rivals. The main concern is that it's now 5 league games without a win and over 307 minutes of league football without a goal scored. That being said, Villa have scored in 12 of their 14 home league games this season so far.

Chelsea fans are buzzing for next season with the confirmed pre-contract signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner with rumours that a move for Kai Havertz is being prepared. Frank Lampard will be keen to ensure those new signings are playing Champions League football next season. The Blues are in 4th place and 2 points inside the Champions League qualification spots. Scoring goals isn't an issue for Chelsea with 12 goals scored in their last 6 league games. This is also a Chelsea side that boasts the 3rd best away record in the league. Having beaten Villa by a 2-1 score-line earlier in the season they'll be confident they can take all 3 points here.

I didn't see anything in midweek that made me think Villa can escape the drop. Yes, they showed some battling spirit but they ultimately still look disjointed and lacking quality. This won't be a game they'll be looking forward to and if Chelsea can get on the front foot early then we could see a solid win for the away side. I think we'll see some goals but Villa won't have enough to get anything from this game.

Draw HT/ Chelsea FT @ 4.60 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

Everton vs Liverpool

The final game of the day in the Premier League is also the biggest one with the Merseyside Derby pitting Everton against Liverpool in a 7pm BST kick-off at Goodison Park. The league title winning celebrations might have to be postponed for at least another week for the visitors but they'll want to do everything in their power to ensure the red side of the city maintains the bragging rights until next season.

Everton continue to adapt to life under Carlo Ancelotti. It's early days but the improvement has been clear. Even if the Toffees stuttered slightly before the break by failing to win any of their last three league games against Arsenal, Manchester United, and Chelsea. The form of Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been a noteworthy boost. The club are now in 12th but the Europa League places aren't out of question yet with the team only 7 points off the pace. An unbeaten run of 7 league games at home means this will be a difficult place to visit for any club now and the fact that Everton have scored in 11 of their 14 home league games is proof that they are a tricky proposition on home turf.

Liverpool know a victory takes them to the brink of a first league title since 1989/90. Jurgen Klopp has done a brilliant job to take the club to this place again after such a long time without a league trophy. It feels that there's a sense of inevitability about it happening. The Reds are currently 22 points ahead of their closest rivals Manchester City with just 9 league games left to play. A win here would mean that Liverpool could seal the title in their next game. They come into this game knowing they've won 12 of their 14 away league games this season but weren't able to keep a clean sheet in their last 6 league matches.

OK, so the form book goes out of the window for a derby game and the break for covid-19 hasn't helped when it comes to the uncertainty of the outcome of this game. Before the break I'd have backed Liverpool to win this. After all, they were playing some great football and Everton hadn't beaten them since 2010. However, I think we'll see an evolved Ancelotti side that is defensively sound and Liverpool might find themselves struggling to break them down. It's going to be a close one. I think Liverpool could sneak the win without the ferocious Everton fans packing out the stadium but it'll be a slog.

Liverpool to Win and BTTS @ 3.30 with Betfair

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.50 with BetVictor

Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Burnley are undefeated in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Man City are undefeated in their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Burnley have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 22.06.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-06-2020-19241