Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Jun 5th - 7th

belarusratings.jpg

The next round of Belarus Premier League matches are up this weekend. Take a look at the odds and ratings above then get involved in what has fast become one of the most popular leagues in the history of Punters Lounge. That may or may not be an exaggeration! :lol

Smolevichi vs Gorodeya

The first game of the weekend fixtures in the Belarus Premier League is a 5pm BST (although some media outlets have been stating 4:30pm BST!) kick-off between Smolevichi and Gorodeya at the Haradski Stadium. It hasn't been a very positive start to the season for either of these two teams so picking up a much-needed win in this game will be of absolute importance.

Smolevichi continue to suffer in this top flight adventure. Aleksandr Brazevich's men are in 15th place with just 4 points from their 10 league games so far. It's now 4 losses from their last 5 league games and with the team now 8 points adrift of the relegation play-off spot it can be argued that hope is draining away from this squad very quickly. A victory in this match against their opponents, who occupy that relegation play-off position, would provide a huge sense of relief but even after a win there would still be so much to do to pull this team back into the main pack. It's simply not looking very good at all.

Gorodeya fans will be starting to chew their finger nails with nerves after the club suffered another defeat last week. Oleg Radushko's side are now without a win in their last 6 league games. It's a drop in form that has seen the club fall to 14th in the league table and now into the relegation play-off place. There is hope for their fans heading into this game with the team having only lost 1 of their last 5 away league games. A funny stat is also that Gorodeya have managed to earn more points on their travel than at home this season so far.

I think only a mad man would back Smolevichi to win right now. They are a team that really have struggled to adapt to life in the top division of Belarusian football. A swift return to the First League seems inevitable at the moment. The best I can see here is them grinding out a draw but because Gorodeya have looked so much better on the road than at their own home ground this season it makes me feel like I have to back the narrow away win. I am wary of the small potential for a draw though so will throw the draw no bet out there as the safety buffer just in case!

Gorodeya Draw No Bet @ 2.30 with William Hill

BTTS No @ 1.73 with William Hill

FC Slutsk vs Torpedo Zhodino

Well, who saw that result yesterday coming?! Not anybody in the world except the most optimistic Smolevichi fan I believe! Let's hope we can get back to winning ways today! The action begins at midday BST when FC Slutsk face Torpedo Zhodino in an intriguing encounter at the Haradski Stadium. Both sides are competing at the top end of the table and will want a win to keep the pressure on league leaders BATE Borisov.

FC Slutsk are in 5th place coming into this game but results haven't been great lately for a side that had briefly looked like front runner candidates for the title. Vitaliy Pavlov has now witnessed his team go 4 league games with a win including 3 defeats. It's seen them drop to 8 points off the title pace and they risk plummeting down the league table unless results and performances pick up soon. Goals have not been short in supply during the team's recent games with both teams scoring in 4 of their last 6 matches.

Torpedo Zhodino will be quietly confident heading into this match. Yuri Puntus has led his team to 3rd in the table and just 4 points off top spot. The 2-1 win at home to Smolevichi last week now looks even more credible after Smolevichi's hammering of Gorodeya yesterday and showed this squad can bounce back from a set back having lost 3-1 away to Neman Grodno the previous week. Goals are constantly present in Torpedo's recent matches with both teams scoring in 4 of their last 6 league matches and in all three of their latest league victories.

This is a tough one to call. FC Slutsk may be at home but their form is going down the drain at the moment. Torpedo Zhodino appear to have galvanised after that bump in the road against Neman Grodno but this is their first away trip since that away defeat. Despite the difference in the form book, the ELO ratings favour the home side quite heavily so with my feelings torn I'm going to follow them and back an FC Slutsk win.

FC Slutsk Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.66 with Bet365

Isloch vs Ruh Brest

The second game in the Belarus Premier League being played today is the 2pm BST kick-off between Isloch and Ruh Brest at the Traktar Stadium. These two sides find themselves positioned comfortably in mid-table but a win or loss could be the trigger of either a positive or negative run of results. Will either team find a way to take all 3 points in this one?

Isloch are situated in 7th place but it's now 3 league games lost in a row for Vitaliy Zhukovsky's men. It's even more of a concern when you see it's also 4 losses from their last 5 league games with just 3 goals scored during those matches. It had been 3 league wins in a row at home before the 2-1 loss at home to Energetik-BGU. Their home record remains their big hope having won 5 of their 7 at home this season so far. Those wins owe a lot to an Isloch defence that has kept a clean sheet at home on three occasions.

Ruh Brest know this will be a tricky game for them but they'll feel they can win against a side only 1 point and two places above them in the league table. Aleksandr Sednyov has done well to lead his team to 9th so far after their promotion having finished 3rd in the First League last season. The 4-1 loss at home to Dynamo Brest last week was a huge dose of reality for a side that had been unbeaten in their previous 7 league games before that loss. One thing Ruh Brest have succeeded in doing is making themselves tough to beat on their travels. They've unbeaten in their last 4 away league games and have seen less than 2.5 goals scored in 5 of their 6 away matches in the league this campaign.

I'm not expecting a thriller here. Isloch have built their decent home form on a solid back-line and Ruh Brest have shown they're not interested in attacking their hosts on their travels. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another narrow win for the home team here. The ELO ratings and bookies are slightly favouring the away team but I think I have to go with my gut and back Isloch to take the victory here to get back to winning ways at home.

Isloch to Win @ 3.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Bet365

The only bet I have on so far this weekend in this league is a treble, my main single of the day is in the German Bundesliga.

Dinamo Brest v Minsk - Dinamo followed up a decent performance in the cup final with a convincing win in last weeks Brest derby and look to be improving. They should have too much for Minsk here.

Vitebsk v BATE - Basil says BATE are the certainties of the weekend, I told him there was no such thing, then he started going on about quantum physics and atomic reaction, jeez, in the end I agreed just to shut him up. I didn't realise my cat was a professor.

Shakhtyor v Energetyk - There's not a lot separating these 2 teams but I fancy Shakhtyor to come out on top here due to the record of both defences. Shakhtyor have only conceded a miserly 3 times all season whereas Energetik have conceded 13. 1 goal could win this for the home side.

Din. Brest, BATE and Shakhtyor Treble @ 3.00 - 1pt.

Second game today is Isloch Minsk v Rukh Brest with Shimusik in charge.

It's a solid mid-band play for me, 4-6 cards shown at 11/10 with Hills

After that we have Slavia Mozyr v Neman Grodno reffed by Shcherbakov which appeals for pens and would suggest a high card bet if any.

I've bought pen goal mins at 16 with SX and backed pen taken at 2/1 Hills, along with >60 points at 11/8 PP.

Slavia Mozyr vs Neman Grodno

The 4pm BST kick-off in the Belarus Premier League today sees Slavia Mozyr hosting Neman Grodno at the Junatsva Stadium. There is very little separating these two mid-table sides but both will have their eyes looking nervously over their shoulders with the relegation zone stalking them. A win here would go a long way to calming their nerves and have them looking up rather than down.

Slavia Mozyr are situated in 8th place but only 3 points above the relegation play-off zone that is currently occupied by Gorodeya. Just 1 loss in their last 5 league games has helped to move Mihail Martsinovich's men up the table but they're still not clear of the drop zone yet. The 3-2 win away to Belshina last weekend was a rare goal glut for a Slavia game with the team having seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their 5 league games before that match. It is only 1 win at home for Slavia in the league this season too so they'll be hoping to improve upon that disappointing record.

Neman Grodno are struggling to keep their head above water in 10th place and just 2 points above the relegation play-off zone. Igor Kovalevich will want to see his team add to their back-to-back wins in the league with another one here. The impressive performances in their last two outings have given the fans optimism that this side can move on up the table and build on last season's 9th placed finish.

I'm usually a bit stubborn when it comes to backing the away side in games where there's very little to call between two teams. Fewer than 2.5 goals have been scored in 4 of the previous 6 meetings between these two clubs so I'm not expecting a showstopper. I can see a low scoring draw with neither team managing to take all 3 points. If you're going to miss one game this weekend then you might want it to be this one.

Draw @ 3.10 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.61 with Bet365

Dynamo Brest vs FC Minsk

Our action for the day in the Belarus Premier League comes to a close when Dynamo Brest host FC Minsk in a 6pm BST kick-off from the DASK Brestskiy Stadium. The hosts will be looking to continue their return to winning ways with another victory against a visiting team that have had to deal with an outbreak of coronavirus within the team. Clearly, somebody wasn't drinking enough vodka and having enough saunas!

Dynamo Brest sit in 6th place and can leapfrog 5th placed FC Slutsk with a victory. Syarhey Kavalchuk's men are starting to rediscover the form that took them to the league title last season but they are still 9 points off the current title pace set by league leaders BATE Borisov. The 4-1 win away to Ruh Brest last week was a welcome remedy to the three consecutive losses Dynamo suffered before that including the demoralising extra-time defeat to BATE Borisov in the Belarus Cup Final. Having lost 2 of their last 3 matches at home they'll be keen to win this one.

FC Minsk are back in action after the coronavirus cases within the squad saw the team prevented from playing for 2 weeks as the players self-isolated. Andrey Razin's players are now a couple of games behind everyone with the team in 12th place and just 1 point above the relegation play-off place. The team's first league game in nearly a month saw them win 1-0 against FC Slutsk at home. This extended their record to just 1 loss in their last 4 league games. However, it is just 1 win in 4 away league matches for this squad.

It's great to see FC Minsk back and they shocked a few people by taking the scalp of FC Slutsk last weekend. This is a different proposition and they're renowned for not being the best of travellers recently. Dynamo Brest got back to winning form in fine style in the Brest derby last week. If ever there was an opportunity to get a bit of momentum going then this is it.

Dynamo Brest to Win and BTTS @ 2.75 with Bet365

Dynamo Brest HT/FT @ 2.20 with Bet365

Vitebsk vs BATE Borisov

It's an action-packed day in the Belarus Premier League today with three games taking place. The first of those matches kicks off at 2pm BST when Vitebsk host BATE Borisov at the Vitebsky Central Stadium. The home side are in a bit of a dry spell of results right now and this won't be an easy game as they welcome the league leaders who are the in-form side in the top flight.

Vitebsk have now drawn 4 league games in a row to extend their winless run to 6 league matches. Manager Sergey Yasinsky will have mixed emotions right now. His team are proving themselves hard to beat and it can also be argued that whilst they haven't won since 18th April they are also undefeated in their last 4 league matches. The lack of victories over recent matches has seen the club drop to 11th in the table and just 2 points above the relegation play-off position. We can expect goals here because both teams have scored in 4 of the last 6 league games played by this team.

BATE Borisov are loving life at the moment. Kirill Alshevsky has guided his team to the top of the table and the club has now recorded 8 wins in a row in all competitions. It's hard to see anyone stopping them right now with the club 3 points clear of second placed Torpedo Zhodino with a game in hand. BATE have kept three clean sheets in their last four matches in all competitions. However, they have conceded 4 goals across their last two away league games.

Anybody with any sense knows that BATE Borisov are hot property right now. Their poor start to the season seems a lifetime ago. Even though they're not turning over every team they play in emphatic fashion they've worked out how to get into that habit of winning even when they're not playing well. Vitebsk will make this a tough game and I'm a little bit wary of the draw but I think BATE should have enough to squeeze a victory.

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 2.60 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with Bet365

Belshina vs Dinamo Minsk

The second game of the day in the Belarus Premier League is this 4pm BST kick-off between Belshina and Dinamo Minsk at the Spartak Stadium. There is no doubt that both of these teams will be disappointed with how their seasons have gone so far. The need for a vital win is becoming more and more urgent by the week so which of these two sides will prevail victorious in this one? Or are they set to nullify each other?

Belshina could hardly have feared a worst start to their first season back in the top flight after promotion from the First League as champions. Eduard Gradoboyev will be looking on enviously at the progress of Ruh Brest and wondering why his team haven't emulated such a positive start to their campaign. The team is still rooted to the bottom of the division on just 3 points and are still awaiting their first league win of the season. 5 losses from their last 6 league games is a depressing statistic and even though they've only lost 3 of their 8 league losses by more than 1 goal it's clear the losing streak is hitting the squad morale.

Dinamo Minsk will feel this game could be crucial if they are to launch a recovery from their current predicament. The 1-0 loss at home to Shakhtyor Soligorsk last week was a demoralising result for Leonid Kuchuk's side. That defeat made it just 1 win in their last 5 league games now. The team is sat in a lowly 13th place and only 1 point above the relegation play-off position. It's now been 5 league games in a row where Dinamo Minsk have scored 1 goal or less so the lack of attacking threat is certainly something they need to address.

I know I say this most weeks but I have to back my boys Dinamo Minsk here. Belshina look like a team that are out of their depth. Fair play to them, they're giving most teams a good fight but they just lack that quality and self-belief needed. It would be careless to back them in the form they're in right now. I don't think the odds on a Dinamo win are great so I'll have to be a bit more specific.

Dinamo Minsk HT/FT @ 2.40 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with Bet365

Shakhtyor Soligorsk vs Energetik-BGU

Our final preview of the weekend for the Belarus Premier League is arguably the most hotly-anticipated match with Shakhtyor Soligorsk playing Energetik-BGU in a 6pm BST kick-off at the Stroitel Stadium. These two sides are in firm contention for the title race and boast some of the most positive form in the league. Will either side have enough to walk away with the win?

Shakhtyor Soligorsk are in 4th place and only 4 points behind league leaders BATE Borisov. Yuriy Vernydub has led his team to maintain their expectations of title challengers with a fine run of results. The undefeated run has now extended to 7 games across all competitions with 6 wins coming during that spell including winning their last 3 games on the bounce. One of the most impressive factors about Shakhtyor's form is their defensive resilience. The team has now gone over 585 minutes of league football without conceding a goal.

Energetik-BGU will fully appreciate how tough this match is going to be. Vladimir Belyavskiy's side are currently positioned in 3rd and just 1 point above their opponents heading into this match. The team's form isn't as positive as Shakhtyor's but it's still decent. It's 5 league games unbeaten including 4 wins. The 3-3 draw at home to Vitebsk last weekend was a blow because a win there would have moved the team within 1 point of BATE Borisov.

This could be a very interesting game to watch with both teams full of confidence and swagger. Shakhtyor Soligorsk probably have the edge at home and with the way their defence is performing at the moment it feels it'll take something special to beat them. The fact that they have beaten Energetik-BGU in 5 of their last 7 meetings also helps. It'll be close but the home team has to be backed here.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk HT/FT @ 2.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.15 with Bet365

Looks like more and more firms are starting to reduce their coverage of the Belarus footy. Only bet I can find today is 60+ bookings points at evens with Sky Bet in the middle game (BB v DM). Looks decent with Sevostyanik in charge.

If you look at it simplistically we're "due" a glut of pens today after a dearth so far this weekend but only Stetsurin (last game) looks a decent candidate and it's a struggle to find appealing prices. I might just do a mug trixie at best prices so I'm not crying if there are loads!

On 6/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, harry_rag said:

Looks like more and more firms are starting to reduce their coverage of the Belarus footy. Only bet I can find today is 60+ bookings points at evens with Sky Bet in the middle game (BB v DM). Looks decent with Sevostyanik in charge.

If you look at it simplistically we're "due" a glut of pens today after a dearth so far this weekend but only Stetsurin (last game) looks a decent candidate and it's a struggle to find appealing prices. I might just do a mug trixie at best prices so I'm not crying if there are loads!

Yeah, we could be dealt a heavy blow this week. No prices available for the games this weekend yet but apparently there are games scheduled. It would be a shame if bookies stop covering it because I've found it an enjoyable league for us to bet on.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.