** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Exclusive £150 added Poker League - June Leg 4 - Wed 24th June

avongirl

Let's get the Summer of fun started with our June Punters Lounge £150 added Poker League.  We run on Wednesday nights starting at 8.10pm, with a 10 minute late registration period on top of this.  All games are played in the PokerStars Home Games PL Poker Club.  The first two legs are NLHE, then for a bit of variety we have a PLO leg in week 3, reverting back to NLHE for the final leg.

> Leg 1 : Wednesday 3rd June at 20.10 BST in the PL Poker Club Home Game.

> Leg 2 : 10th June

> Leg 3 : 17th June - PLO Leg

> Leg 4 : 24th June - double entrants in formula *

Buy in is $5.50 per leg.

To help boost numbers overall and in particular in the final leg we are continuing the system of doubling the number of entries used in the calculation in leg 4 (so if 15 entries the formula will use 30 entrants). This will increase the number of points available in the final leg to make it more competitive.

Your top 3 scores of the 4 legs will count towards your league total. We will be using the usual PL poker league format, which will be updated in this thread. (The PokerStars own league scores will not be used.) Formula is -Log(position/Entrants)x100

All members are welcome, however you must post in this thread if asked to let us know your forum username, otherwise your placings and scores cannot be included in the league.  New players are always welcome to join in, so please spread the word and invite your friends so we can keep the weekly numbers up.

£150 Added Value

The £150 added will be split between the top 3 players of the league end, with £75 to the league champion, £45 to 2nd and £30 to 3rd.  This will be payable via PayPal at the end of the league.  Big thank you to SirPuntalot and Punters Lounge for the added funds.  The league winner will also get Punters Lounge merchandise.

Punters Lounge Merchandise

You can now win unlimited Punters Lounge merchandise, even if you have won them before. It consists of our mug with a wraparound 3D logo and also a pack of 10 pens.

To join the PokerStars PL Home Games Club:

club id = 744199

password = PLPokerClub

We also have a PL Poker Club Facebook group where regular reminders are also posted.

Please request to join.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/524375907722928/

Good luck!

League Table

PLStars 20064.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 4:21 AM, Xcout said:

Hahahaha, I think I will stop sign up days before, as the day comes and I forgot about it. :wall

In the upside my finish position for sure was better :lol  :rollin

You always forget Xcout - Poker, Football, Racing.......starting to think you do it on purpose?

Oops, sorry didn't realise no-one had put up last week's result. 

Well done to autogree on the maiden win :clap and good to see lots of players who finished lower down last month's league doing well at the start of this month's. :ok

A good turn out again, leg 2 is set up and ready for registration and there's plenty of time left to get in your scores for this month's league.

PL Stars 030620.jpg

3 minutes ago, gemic said:

Hey guys, I am back this month until Stars removes our country again and joining some rounds here and there...

Excuse me for not talking too much and sitting out a bit at the beginning, but its interfering with some non-poker event at the start for me ;)

Good to have you back Gem :nana

7 hours ago, avongirl said:

I was just about to post your 5hr alarm for the game tonight :ok

Thanks!

I have to make a deposit in pokerstars, and was delaying doing it, then I got distracted...... and in this moment, two hours after I remember about it.. :wall

Whats wrong with me... :@

Well there is always next week... :rollin

Well done to Rivrd winner of leg 2 and also at the top of the table at the moment. :clap

For leg 3 we have Pot Limit Omaha.  I didn't set the game up immediately as PokerStars seem to be tinkering with the Home Game options again and I couldn't adjust the starting chips.  I have done it now, and I think it will run the same as normal as the option for our usual enhanced 3000 chips was available.  However this now seems to be the minimum option, so we could well be playing NLHE with 3000 for the final leg too. I don't want to adjust the speed of the blinds at this stage so we will just have to go with the best option there for the moment.

Well done to Ian :clap  beating the in form Rivrd and coming into contention in the league. Rivrd has a hold on the top spot with a great run of results, but equally consistent are the others vying for the podium spots.

We are set up for a close finish this month :ok

Unfortunately PokerStars have changed the options on the Home Games set up. 

The minimum starting chips is now 3000 so we will need to play the final NLHE leg with this.

Structure has also changed. If I use 'regular' this will keep the 10 minute blinds, but antes are now in play from the start.

The late registration period (on which we have no option to adjust or override) is now 1 hour. I hope this won't affect our points awarding too much.

2 hours ago, Pempi said:

I've applied to join the Club (Magataa on PS), hope to get approved for this weeks game...

Ian congrats on the Omaha win! Gotta have a last longer going on Wednesday ;)

:welcome to the league Pempi. If I remember correctly Magata used to play in the Ladies league we ran many years ago, hope she's taught you well ;)

On 6/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, avongirl said:

The minimum starting chips is now 3000 so we will need to play the final NLHE leg with this.

To be honest, I would have been in favour of this in any case. The antes will cancel out much of the increase in stack anyway.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, avongirl said:

The late registration period (on which we have no option to adjust or override) is now 1 hour. I hope this won't affect our points awarding too much.

I trust that in the true spirit of Punters Lounge, surely no-one would seek to take advantage of this situation ? We are all friends here :ok

14 hours ago, Rivrd said:

2 joined past the 10 minute level tonight dont know how you would do the points as could affect positions near the top not posting this as im out but just in general for other players

I can only really take the result as it's listed in the lobby. Players who go out early are not scoring many points so hopefully it's unlikely to affect the podium placings, if anything late reg'ers will increase the points scored. I would think most of our players will still only reg within the first 10-15 mins, and whilst we can't stop it, I won't be encouraging later.  I would think most Home Games Clubs are fairly small scale and can't imagine 1 hour is something many would think is an improvement, so hopefully it's an experiment which gets changed back.

Well done to autogree on the second win of the month and with it takes the top spot in the league  :clap  and well done Xcout on getting organised and taking 2nd place in the leg  :loon :clap

League podium this month goes to all the weekly winners with Rivrd taking 2nd place :clap  and Ian in 3rd. :clap  In the end it was tight for 4th place, which doesn't matter. :lol

Thank you to everyone who stuck with us this month and continued to support the forum, still a good turnout, it's much appreciated :ok :cheers

See you next month, I'll let you know if Pokerstars change the goalposts any more, but the 3000 chips with antes seemed to play ok last night and the game was no longer than usual.

Instructions for League Winners:

1st @autogree  £75 + PL Mug and Pens

2nd @Rivrd  £45

3rd @ian309  £30

To claim please email [email protected] with the following:

Subject: Poker League

Message Content.

PL Username: *
PayPal Email: *
Prize Amount/Position: £75 (1st) / £45 (2nd) / £30 (3rd)

Winner (autogree) - please also provide address for PL Mug & Pens to be sent

Payments are normally processed together for all our monthly competitions and may be up to 14 days after the end of the month. Well done everyone

@BillyHills

2 hours ago, avongirl said:

See you next month, I'll let you know if Pokerstars change the goalposts any more, but the 3000 chips with antes seemed to play ok last night and the game was no longer than usual.

For a long time now I've thought that our game would benefit from a small increase in starting stack, maybe to something like 2,500 chips. I didn't want to rock the boat as everyone else seemed quite content with it, and at the end of the day... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have to say that since Pokerstars meddled with the structure last night, it felt much more like a turbo than it used to. The antes from Level 1 and the much steeper blinds resulted in a 13 player MTT finishing in under two hours. I feel that this new structure which PS have forced upon us is a step in the wrong direction.

I'll check the options again. I think chips are 3000, 5000, 10000. Structure options used to be time based but now say Regular, Fast, Turbo, think there might be a Slow one. I may need to set a couple of test games up and then look to see exactly what structure it's used. I didn't actually notice but did the blind amounts increase more steeply as well as having antes ? (in my defence Wednesday has also become internet quiz night so I am only 90% concentrating on our game. Fortunately I am not in control of the Zoom camera!)