** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday May 17th

Horse Form: https://www.irace.com.sg/2020/05/14/free-irace-magazine-for-hong-kong-sha-tin-may-17/

Sha Tin Track Spy, May 17

Video Replay Stars

Race 8 Number 2 SUPER OASIS

Races first-up for leading trainer Ricky Yiu after six unplaced runs with Frankie Lor, including a start in the Derby, in which he finished down the track in 10th. However, he raced wide without cover from the 1200m that day, so was entitled to drop as he did.

Prior to that, he did put in some okay runs, but the manner in which he has trialled in blinkers after the stable change, which he wears for the first time on race day here, suggests he’s ready to go close to winning.

Race 9 Number 9 KA YING EXCELLENT

Generally races on pace, but began awkwardly last start and settled well back in running, in which the lead speed of the race was run at four lengths below average. KA YING EXCELLENT defied the race shape to make up a stack of ground from the rear for a big performance.

He looked super in a recent trial and despite rising to Class 3 here, he has shown the class to measure up.

Sectional Time Stars

Race 3 Number 6 JUDY’S STAR

Only a three-year-old who hasn’t raced with much luck in recent starts: punted into favouritism two starts ago, reared at the start and dashed strongly home into sixth, before getting well back early again most recently but flashing home well late although racing tight late into fifth. A win is near.

Race 5 Number 6 CHEVALIER PRINCE

Has his second race start here after a fast finishing run on debut 35 days ago with the jockey questioned regarding his riding of the three-year-old: of the 730-word stewards’ report, 549 words were devoted to the questioning of the ride. The stewards were of the opinion that the jockey had the opportunity to place CHEVALIER PRINCE under more pressure than he did, so he arguably could have gone closer than 1 1/2 lengths he missed by. He has trialled very well since the debut run, gets Purton on board and looks a progressive sort to follow.

The countdown to the resumption of racing in this country begins . In 15 days we will be glued to the screens watching them going down for the first at Newcastle , for the first few weeks its going to be unpredictable but no more than we have had to endure from far and wide . What have we learned,  if your shouting at the telly at Ryan Moore not going through the gap , just stop and remember what you have witnessed at Gulfstream or Tampa , when you see Luke Morris coming three wide around the final bend at Wolverhampton dont scream at him for not waiting and cutting to the inside,  just remember that you have witnessed jockeys riding five or six horses wide but ten off the rail . All this and some rather , let's say strange and unusual riding styles puts our racing in a class of it's own.  We have also learned to appreciate being able to take a price and have bog on our side , you only have to look at the naps table,  sp betting just dosnt work . While on the naps table I think a special thank you should go to BH , admin and everyone concerned for the tremendous work done this last few months , settling bets from places I cant even pronounce cant have been easy  and the extra prize money , kudos to you . Well done and thank you . 

Many will have saved a few quid not betting, take care when we start again dont go mad , its going to take time to establish itself again. 

In conclusion,  we will never forget what we have seen and maybe appreciate British and Irish racing and jockeys just that little bit more 

Talking of the resumption of racing;

I hope we learn something from the poor French example and keep the field sizes down to a reasonable limit, having 18 handicappers with a 7/1 fav is not what we need.
I know the races will be over subscribed by loads but we need to get the public and the punters back onside and not take the mickey,

12 runners, give everyone a fair chance with few excuses from beaten horses.

:ok

2 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Talking of the resumption of racing;

I hope we learn something from the poor French example and keep the field sizes down to a reasonable limit, having 18 handicappers with a 7/1 fav is not what we need.
I know the races will be over subscribed by loads but we need to get the public and the punters back onside and not take the mickey,

12 runners, give everyone a fair chance with few excuses from beaten horses.

:ok

Good words .

I'm hoping that ALL yards get their fair chance of having runners , however I think money talks & that the big boys will get an unfair advantage of achieving more entries then I suppose you have to take into account the size of individual yards etc... good luck to the people making the final entry decision making , it'll be good to see how many horses drawn in 11 & 12 @ Kempton actually manage to eat up on the day & take part ?

International horses are welcome to run in Group races in the UK ( Mr.O'Brien will enjoy this ) are UK horses allowed to participate in similar events worldwide ?

patent @ betvic

R U Lucky @ 13/8 - Gulfstream 18:45
Afternoon Heat @ 7/4 - Santa Anita 21:33
True To Herself @ 5/4 - Golden Gate Fields 22:20

e-w lucky 15 @ betvic

Isla Road @ 11/2 - Gulfstream 20:16
Papa Do Run @ 9/2 - Golden Gate Fields 20:45
Tiger Dad @ 9/2 - Santa Anita 23:06
Sparticle @ 5/1 - Golden Gate Fields 00:53

lucky 15 @ betvic
Lofty @ 3/2 - Santa Anita 20:30
Lovely Finish @ 3/1 - Santa Anita 22:04