Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > May 15th - 17th

belarusratings.jpg

The next round of Belarus Premier League matches are coming up this weekend. Even though other leagues are set to restart, I'll make sure we keep the coverage of this league going because I feel we've really developed a fascination with the league now. Let us know your predictions for these matches down below! :ok

Well, it's now a 1-3-3 because unfortunately it appears that the FC Minsk has suffered an outbreak of coronavirus within the squad so their match with Neman Grodno today has been postponed. Bad news and obviously means there's now a strong chance other teams will be hit.

Torpedo Zhodino vs Gorodeya

The Belarus Premier League goes again this week under the dark shadow of the FC Minsk versus Neman Grodno being postponed due to a coronavirus outbreak amongst the home team. How many other players have since become infected? It's a worrying time for the league. For the time being the action continues with Torpedo Zhodino taking on Gorodeya in a 4pm BST kick-off at the Torpedo Stadium.

Torpedo Zhodino fans will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of the team moving to the top of the table today. The club is in 3rd place and just 1 point off the pace of league leaders BATE Borisov. Victory here would move Yuri Puntus's side to the summit. It's now 5 games unbeaten with 4 clean sheets coming in those matches. The team has also now kept three clean sheets in a row at home. The defensive performances are the building block of this side right now but the encouraging sign is that when the defence weren't at their level in the game against FC Minsk away it was the attack that stepped up by banging in 5 goals.

Gorodeya head into this game in 11th place but they're only 5 points off the top spot. Oleg Radushko has seen his team go 3 league games without a win. Despite this poor run of form, this side are still showing encouraging signs on the road having gone undefeated for 3 games on their travels. The stats could also be spun to show it's also just 1 defeat in their last 5 league games.

The lingering issue is that Gorodeya continue to struggle to score goals away from home. It's only 3 goals scored in their 4 away games and when they're up against a Torpedo side that haven't conceded at home yet in the league it doesn't bode well. This game is there for Torpedo to add another 3 points to their tally and even though I feel Gorodeya will do their best to shut this game down I think Torpedo will have too much for the visitors. Backing not only the home win but also a win with a clean sheet is worth it.

Torpedo Zhodino to Win @ 1.70 with Boylesports

Torpedo to Win to Nil @ 2.38 with BetVictor

Since I'm back working full time I've not had any late night chats with Basil this week but I did manage to catch up with him this morning. We agreed on this weeks treble;

Torpedo, BATE -1, Ruh Brest, treble @ 6.00 - 0.5pt.

At the moment I'm considering another max single on BATE -1. 

Sorry for the lack of reasoning, kinda busy. I'll get back on here tomorrow though.

Torpedo Zhodino v Gorodeya is reffed by Naumov who has a middling average for cards with a distinct upward trend. Looks average for penalties with a willingness to give 2 in a game. Wouldn't surprise me if this lands in the 4-6 cards bracket which is 11/10 with Hills but I'm swerving that and going with the following bets.

>5.5 cards at 27/20 with Sporting Bet
Home team most cards 9/4 and home team 30+ bookings points 11/8, both Sky Bet
Penalty taken 9/4 Hills and buy pen goal minutes at the generally available 13

Energetik-BGU vs Dynamo Brest

The second day of Belarus Premier League matches begins at 1pm BST with Energetik-BGU playing Dynamo Brest at the Haradski Stadium. The home side have the chance to go level on points with league leaders Torpedo Zhodino with a win here but can the visiting side inflict a surprise defeat on their hosts and aid their own efforts to move on up the table?

Energetik-BGU have hit back-to-back wins to end a slump of three league games without a win. There was a concern that Vladimir Belyavskiy's side had hit a road block in their pursuit of a title challenge but the victories over Smolevichi and FC Slutsk have rejuvenated their campaign. The latter of those wins was particularly impressive given their opponents are up there at the top end of the table with them. The fact this team has also won 2 of their 3 home league games this season makes them a decent proposition for the home win.

Dynamo Brest continue to knock on the door of the teams at the top. Syarhey Kavalchuk's men have notched up back-to-back wins to move them up to 6th in the table and just 5 points off top spot with a game in hand. A 3-0 win away to strugglers Belshina gave them their second away win of the season. The 1-0 victory away to FC Slutsk earlier in the campaign is proof they can do a job on the road but consistency is the issue. It's now 3 wins in their last 5 matches in all competitions but a leaky defence that has only kept 2 clean sheets in 8 matches this season is a problem.

I'm a bit confused as to why the bookies are backing Dynamo Brest to win this game so heavily. The statistics suggest Energetik-BGU edge this one and the ELO ratings depict the same. I think the odds on a home win are too good to turn down and even though I'm wary the away side might steal a point here I think the long odds on the home victory mean we have to back that but I'll bottle it slightly with the draw no bet selection just in case.

Energetik-BGU Draw No Bet @ 3.25 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.76 with VBet

Shakhtyor Soligorsk vs Slavia Mozyr

The second game coming up in the Belarus Premier League today is between Shakhtyor Soligorsk and Slavia Mozyr in a 3pm BST kick-off at the Stroitel Stadium. Just 1 point separates these two mid-table sides heading into this game. A chance to move up the league ladder and put pressure on the teams above them will be huge motivation for both teams here.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk are in 7th place but just 6 points off top spot with a game in hand on the league leaders. Yuriy Vernydub's side boast the best defensive record in the top flight of Belarusian football having only conceded 3 goals in their 8 league games so far. The performances of Aleksandr Gutor in goal and the defensive unit in front of him including the likes of the experienced trio of Aleksandr Sachivko, Igor Burko, and Sergey Politevich have been key for that. It's now 4 league games unbeaten for this team with 3 clean sheets kept in those matches.

Slavia Mozyr remain a team that haunt my dreams after that comeback against Vitebsk a couple of weeks back. I don't want to add them to my list of mortal enemies but this week could well see that determined. Mihail Martsinovich's team are 9th in the table but certainly looking more up than down. The only problem has been their recent form winning just 1 of their last 6 matches in all competitions.

It seems a bit too simple to back Shakhtyor Soligorsk to win this game. They were ruthless at home last season winning 12 of their 15 home games in the league and have won back-to-back home games scoring 8 goals. Slavia Mozyr have stung us before though. They may be a side out of form right now but we shouldn't write them off completely. I'm backing a narrow Shakhtyor home win but I'm not feeling easy about it.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk to Win to Nil @ 2.38 with SpreadEx

Shakhtyor Soligorsk HT/FT @ 2.25 with Boylesports

BATE Borisov vs FC Slutsk

The final game in today's Belarus Premier League matches is a huge one as top of the table (at the start of this round) BATE Borisov face former league leaders FC Slutsk in a 5pm BST kick-off at the Borisov Arena. This is a great opportunity for the home team to move back to the summit after Torpedo Zhodino's win yesterday but they take on a travelling team that also have their eyes on returning to the top spot.

BATE Borisov are starting to really stretch their legs in the top flight of Belarusian football right now. Kirill Alshevsky's side are undefeated in their last 6 matches in all competitions having won the last 4 of those games. 4 clean sheets during that spell and 15 goals scored shows that things are beginning to click at both ends of the pitch. BATE are unbeaten in their 5 matches at home this season so it's hard to find the urge to bet against them at the moment.

FC Slutsk know they face a huge challenge here but Vitaliy Pavlov will feel his team have what it takes to get a result here. The 2-1 loss at home to Energetik-BGU last weekend was disappointing but the away form of this team will give them optimism heading into this clash. They have prevailed victorious in all 3 of their away league games this season so far. In fact, their last taste of defeat on the road came back on 1st November, 2019.

Despite FC Slutsk being a tricky proposition on the road, I still feel the money is with BATE here. The hosts have won 5 of the last 6 encounters between these two clubs and their form right now is irresistible. Given the fact that FC Slutsk have conceded 11 goals in their 8 league games shows their defence is far from water tight and that's not ideal coming into a game against a free-scoring opposition. I'm expecting a thriller but BATE to win.

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 2.05 with SpreadEx

BATE Borisov -1 @ 1.95 with Boylesports

Posted (edited)

Only 1 bet for me today;

BATE v Slutsk.

For the 3rd week in a row I've done a max bet on a comfortable BATE win. Slutsk have shown they're a decent side this season, winning 5 out of 8 games so far, a concerning stat for them though is that they've conceded at least 1 goal in every game which suggests they have issues at the back. Free scoring BATE can take advantage of this and put a few in the back of the net today. Slutsk are dangerous up front themselves which could make for an entertaining high scoring game but I think BATE will run out comfortable winners in the end.

For the 2nd week in a row @StevieDay1983 posts roughly the same thing while I'm typing this, great minds and all that :lol

BATE -1 @ 1.90 - 4pts.

Edited by allyhibs
1 minute ago, allyhibs said:

Only 1 bet for me today;

BATE v Slutsk.

For the 3rd week in a row I've done a max bet on a comfortable BATE win. Slutsk have shown they're a decent side this season, winning 5 out of 8 games so far, a concerning stat for them though is that they've conceded at least 1 goal in every game which suggests they have issues at the back. Free scoring BATE can take advantage of this and put a few in the back of the net today. Slutsk are dangerous up front themselves which could make for an entertaining high scoring game but I think BATE will run out comfortable winners in the end.

For the 2nd week in a row @StevieDay1983 posts roughly the same thing while I'm typing this, great minds and all that :lol

BATE -1 @ 1.90 - 4pts.

We've got this Belarus Premier League business nailed down mate! Well, me, you, and Basil. Unfortunately, the family pet hamster Chase at this end hasn't contributed as much as we had hoped. Will have to have words with him!

3 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

We've got this Belarus Premier League business nailed down mate! Well, me, you, and Basil. Unfortunately, the family pet hamster Chase at this end hasn't contributed as much as we had hoped. Will have to have words with him!

Basil's the brains of the operation here mate, I'd be nothing without him.

I'll take a 10/1 anytime winner though the brace would be very nice!

Second game a tough one for cards and pens. Expect plenty of the former but so do the bookies so no bet. No strong stat for pens from this ref so the prices make that a swerve too. Slavia corners appeal, backed >5.5 at 13/5 PP and bought their corners squared at 25 SX (so 5 breaks even and 6 upwards = escalating profit. Followed a tip for Antic to be carded at 7/2 PP.

In BATE v Slutsk I like the prospect of cards and pens with Stetsurin in charge. I've taken the small amount allowed by Paddy on >50 at 10/11. Whilst I do like pens for this game, it's only fair to say that prices and results seems to be getting worse! Buy pen goal minutes at 16 with SPIN and back pen taken (mainly as a saver) at 2/1 888.

Belshina vs Vitebsk

One of the Belarus Premier League's bottom two clubs are in action at 1pm BST today when Belshina host Vitebsk at the Spartak Stadium. The hosts are still looking to pick up their first league win of the season and they'll be aiming to do that against a visiting team that haven't won in their last three league matches. Something has to give in this game... unless it's a draw, of course!

Belshina sit bottom of the Belarusian top flight with just 2 points from their 8 league games so far. It's not been a very good start for Eduard Gradoboyev's men who will have entered this campaign with high hopes after winning the second tier title last season. Three league defeats on the bounce has added pressure to this squad and with the team now 6 points adrift of safety it seems that the mission to survive is looking more and more impossible with each passing match.

Vitebsk are in a slightly more positive position of 10th place with 11 points from their 8 league matches. Sergey Yasinsky's side are on a poor run of form though having not been able to win any of their last 3 league matches. Failure to score in 2 of those 3 games is further proof that scoring goals is a huge issue for this side. Just 1 win from their 4 away games this season doesn't bode well for this game.

Both teams are joint last in the goals scored table for this division. So if you're hoping for a humdinger of a game here then you might be severely disappointed. Belshina look like a team that are devoid of all hope already. It's hard to see where their next win will come from. Vitebsk have at least shown signs of being able to get results so they should be fine to finish mid-table. I think a 0-0 draw or a narrow 1-0 win for the away team is where the best options lie. I'll punt on an away win even though the bookies and ELO ratings are swaying towards a draw.

Vitebsk to Win @ 2.75 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.75 with Unibet

I've bought penalty goal minutes at a combined 37 in today's 3 games. None of the ref stats are brilliant but that's just about cheap enough for an interest. Can't find an appealing fixed odds bet, the days of getting 3/1 a pen taken seem long gone.

Belshina v Vitebsk is first up, reffed by Gorayutin who seems a solid sell/unders ref overall despite a 60 and 85 this season. Can't quite convince myself to sell at 58 in case he is on an upward trend but I've taken 11/10 for <60 with PP.

Dinamo Minsk vs Isloch

The second match in the Belarus Premier League will see Dinamo Minsk go up against Isloch in a 3pm BST kick-off coming live from the Dinamo Stadium. It is simply a game the home team must win after their apparent resurgence has been halted by back-to-back defeats. Can the away side inflict more misery on their hosts in this highly-anticipated clash today?

Dinamo Minsk will be feeling quite deflated at the moment. The new manager bounce that it looked like the appointment of Leonid Kuchuk had brought has already ended. Back-to-back losses to FC Slutsk and Dynamo Brest has left the team down in 13th place on 9 points. Automatic relegation is still looking unlikely but the threat of a relegation play-off remains very real.

Isloch are in a much better position in 6th place on 15 points. Vitaliy Zhukovsky has led his side to 3 wins from their last 4 league games. Victory here would see them move to joint 2nd in the league table. This Isloch side has only failed to score once in their 8 league games so far this season. However, the concerning issue is that their away form isn't great. They have failed to win any of their three listed away games this season and if you throw friendly matches into the equation then it's now 7 away matches without a win.

I can see why there is a lack of faith in Dinamo Minsk getting the win here but I've said for a while now that I have a soft spot for them. Sometimes that has helped but it's also let me down this season. I think their last two defeats have been games they will have done very well to get something from so I'm not condemning them too much on those results. I'm expecting a tight game here but think the home team should get at least a draw and wouldn't be surprised if they bounced back to winning ways.

Dinamo Minsk to Win @ 1.75 with VBet

BTTS @ 2.05 with Sportingbet

Ruh Brest vs Smolevichi

The last game of the weekend in the Belarus Premier League comes from the Yunost Stadium at 5pm BST when Ruh Brest play Smolevichi. This is a game where the home side will be looking to move closer towards the teams at the top end of the table against a visiting side that are struggling to adapt to life in the top flight after promotion from the second tier last season.

Ruh Brest come into this game in 8th place with 12 points earned so far. Aleksandr Sednyov has turned this side into a very difficult team to beat. It's now experiencing a run of 5 league games without a loss. The only reason they're not higher in the table is because they've drawn 3 of their last 5 matches. If they can turn those draws into wins then they'd be flying. The fact they've kept clean sheets in 3 of those 5 games shows how organised they are defensively.

Smolevichi don't quite have as much to shout about. Aleksandr Brazevich's men are in 15th place and only 1 point off the bottom of the table. The club is still waiting for its first victory in the Belarusian top flight after earning promotion last year. Three defeats in a row in the league with 10 goals conceded suggest that the continued wait for that first win is beginning to have a negative impact on the team's self-belief. They're already 6 points adrift of safety and 5 points away from the team above them in the relegation play-off spot. Dark times to be a Smolevichi fan.

It goes without saying that it's really difficult to find any reason why anyone in their right mind would back Smolevichi to win a game right now. Especially when they're playing away and against a side that have developed a habit of not losing in Ruh Brest. The best thing the visitors can do is look to shut up shop and see if they can steal a point. I can't see it. I think it'll be another defeat added to their dismal start to the season.

Ruh Brest to Win @ 1.80 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.53 with Bet365

1 hour ago, allyhibs said:

8 yellow cards in the first half of the Belshina game, I've stuck 0.5pt on a red card in the second half @ 2.00.

Well done, good job I didn't sell on the spreads in that game. Oh, and thanks for Paddy to limiting me to less than a tenner on an 11/10 shot. :)

Already up on the pen goal minutes buy, any more would be a bonus. On Yansane to score in the middle game at 16/5 and done a double on >50 booking points in that game and >60 in the last, 5/6 and evens.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.