** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sir Puntalot - R.I.P

I have been given the sad duty to announce that the owner of Punters Lounge Paul Ross, better known to many as Sir Puntalot passed away in hospital last night after losing his battle with Cancer. He was 45 years old.

I have known Paul for nearly 20 years and many of the members got to meet him at various PL Race days and Poker tournaments.

He was a very good friend to me and was always there on the end of the Phone, Skype, Slack etc....

Paul was very straight forward and always strived to make Punters Lounge the best betting site on the internet, he knew this day was coming and has a team in place to carry on the good work and as he would say, its business as normal.

The funeral will be next week sometime which will be a small family affair due to the Coronavirus situation.

Many thanks for the continued support.

:ok

Very sad news, I understood he'd been unwell for a while but it's a bit of a shock now that he's actually gone.

My thoughts are with his friends and family at this time. 

His fellow punters will have to continue the search for value without him.

RIP Paul.

So sorry to hear this! Despite never getting to actually meet him, he's been a great friend as well as a colleague for many years. Condolences to the entire family and I'll be dedicated as ever in the tennis section once the situation returns to normal as well!

My thoughts are with his family.

This is the shocking news, I didn't know anyhting about his situation, so sad to hear this... I did not know him personally either, but in times when I was regular here, he was always friendly and supportive guy. Certainly terrible days for his family, hope they will manage through that.

I was playing online poker before finding PL, but this site became the biggest part of my enjoyment of the game and led to several meetings with Paul and the racing and poker community here.  Paul was very welcoming to Helen and I right from the off and always good fun and this is really sad news. RIP Paul.

Like BH, Ive also known Paul since back in the old days of the now defunct Racing-Systems.co .uk forum where he used to post his footy bets under the sig RTB147 & was always a decent guy.
I also remember he was trying for ages to buy PL from the original owner Olly (who was in the army I think),I went working abroad for over 15yrs so didn't bother much with message boards but did used to look in regular and watch how Paul was growing PL into what it is today and I hope will continue after this sad news.
RIP  'RTB' (Ross the Boss)

Absolutely shocked to the core with this news, knowing the man and fighter he was, I truly expected to see him again after all this lockdown, Such a great kindhearted and straight to the point kind of guy! My thoughts go out to Michalea & the family! Also all his PL family and friends, "God Bless you Paul Ross"

? Absolutely gutted to hear this sad news on Facebook just now. Will always remember the 'little' things, like the chap turning up from abroad for a tipster job. ?

Paul knew it was coming but stared it straight between the eyes with a great big fcuk you. 

Very sad news to hear. Paul was not only a fantastic person to work with but also had a heart of gold. On a personal level, I've been going through a difficult time over the past couple of years and Paul offered so much support. He offered experienced advice and a sympathetic ear during the tough days. Even when he was experiencing what he was going through he was insistent on making sure I was OK. On a work note, his enthusiasm for Punters Lounge was infectious. I'd struggled to buy into any roles I'd previously had when it came to work. Paul made it easy to fully invest in this place. He not only believed in what Punters Lounge was and should become but he also believed in those that wanted to make it happen. I will miss him deeply and I certainly owe him a lot of credit for helping me get to where I am now. Rest peacefully, Paul. Thoughts go out to Kayla and all the family.

I'm gutted to hear this. We knew that this day was coming, but somehow i still didn't think it would happen. I just wish I could have met him, I've never spoke to somebody who was so strong. Even with the news and him knowing his last days were approaching he was so strong. He just carried on regardless. Such a great guy.

I know he wanted to make PL as great as possible and I'm going to make sure to make things as good as I can for him, my end.

RIP mate :( thoughts with your family

Terry (Fader)

Gutted.

Not here very often these days but always attached.  I know I'm not the only one with similar feelings but have many, many good memories from the meet-ups and met lots of like-minded lunatics on here!  All of it was the result of Paul's hard-work and he went out of his way to look after everyone.  His place was the only home I've ever been into where I was on a running machine at whatever time in the morning - a JD in one hand and a tree in the other ?

Thought we would get a chance to have another meet up, shocked to see he was taken so soon.  Few people will leave as many positive memories with so many others.  

Have raised a JD, with the Mighty Townsend.  ?

RIP mate.  

RIP Paul a really sad loss and I’ll never forget Fallon’s first race meeting just a couple of months old and you really looked after us even buying him his first bet! Wow it’s now 13 years on and you have been a big part of our lives me, Philip & Fallon you will be greatly missed. Xxx

I'm very sad to hear this. I worked with Paul for years and he was a terrific guy. Great to work for, always paid early and compensated very generously. He was courageous and defiant in the face of this battle. Just talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he was in great spirits, talking about his plans for the future of the site. This is all very sad and unexpected. My sincere condolences to his family.

-Ben

Terrible news. I've met him just once, back in London during one of the first meets ups (2006?). I played my first live poker tournament later that evening!  Thank you Paul!

Even though he hardly knew me in person, we did exchange email correspondence occasionally and he always cheered me on during me stepping up at Betfair which was very kind of him. 

Let's hope his beloved Leeds Utd do him a solid and get back to the Premiership at last. I bet he'd love that. 

RIP Paul 

I am in total shock with the news that Paul has passed away, i haven't been involved in punters lounge for a number of years and what a great place Paul has left. I had the pleasure of meeting Paul and enjoying his company at the races. RIP Paul....

Such a sad news and such a sad reason for me to come back to this forum. Never had a chance to meet Paul in personal, but I have spent nights chatting with him about football, betting systems, P/L forum, Leeds United, politics, war in former Yugoslavia, etc. In that time we used Hotmail's messenger - that must be 10+ years ago... My poor English also improved thanks to those long chats... 

As one of moderators of P/L forum years ago I'm sure he left P/L in good hands and that you'll be able to continue without him because he would want that.

R. I. P. Paul