** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Exclusive £300 added Poker League - May Leg 4 - Wed 27th May

avongirl

Well done to teaulc on winning Leg 2 :clap  and a second FT finish for muttley and slapdash see them at the top of the table. :clap 

Bounty winner this week is tgc100969 who although not winning the outright multiway pot, won the balance of my chips as keaneo6 was shortstack. :ok

Next week we have our PLO leg again. It looks like the late registration period may have been reinstated, but if you know you want to play why not register now and get in good and early :D

Bounty 130520.jpg

On 5/20/2020 at 4:51 PM, glavintoby said:

3 times been knocked out this week.Qq in this last week and twice on other sites with KK.All to AA Hands.Hope I see a cat before we start

On 5/20/2020 at 8:55 PM, glavintoby said:

Lol KK and gone again!

You've had some very unlucky beats with us :(  hopefully swings and roundabouts and you'll see the flip side soon.  If you've got access to hand history, don't forget we've got a bad beat prize for this month only,  you could submit an entry.

Well done to Craggwood who not only won the leg but also took the £10 bounty prize :clap

Another consistent finish from slapdash and muttley see them still in the top 3 spots, but it's Danshot who leapfrogs into the top spot with his podium finish. :clap  The top 3 are being chased by the other top finishers this week tgc, pots and craggwood and plenty others still in with a chance as we go into the final leg with the extra points on offer.

We go back to NLHE for leg 4 and another £10 bounty on me to keep the interest up. See you on Wednesday :ok

Bounty 200520.jpg

Result from the final leg which went all the way to the wire to sort out the league winner.  As results came in, whoever won between tgc and slapdash would take the title. Great to see Glavintoby reverse his fortunes with a cash finish and a bounty.

We've had several players who have had a fantastic consistent month -  tgc100969 with 3 FTs, slapdash never worse than 5th in all 4 legs, unluckiest of all muttley with 4 finishes never worse than 6th but still just missing out on the podium finish, also pots11 with 3 FTs. Well done to all, hopefully a profit on the buyins even if no added value. :clap

So congratulations to tgc100969 on the league win, with slapdash in 2nd place and Danshot in 3rd. :clap ????

How to claim for winners and bounty winners will be posted below later (sorry, I'm just on my way out for the day!)

PL Stars 270520.jpg

Bounty winner Glavintoby finally getting the good beats! :clap

Bounty 270520.jpg

Here you go winners :drums

Ooh, also need to confirm my decision as Ian309 as the bad beat winner :nana

Instructions for League Winners:

1st @tgc100969   £125 + PL Mug and Pens

2nd @slapdash  £75

3rd @Danshot  £50

Bounty  @Danshot  £10

Bounty  @tgc100969  £10

Bounty  @Craggwood  £10

Bounty  @glavintoby  £10

BadBeat  @ian309  £10

To claim please email [email protected] with the following:

Subject: Poker League

Message Content.

PL Username: *
PayPal Email: *
Prize Amount/Position: £125 (1st) / £75 (2nd) / £50 (3rd) / £10 (bounty/badbeat)

Winner (tgc100969) - please also provide address for PL Mug & Pens to be sent.

Payments are normally processed together for all our monthly competitions and may be up to 14 days after the end of the month. Well done everyone :clap

@BillyHills

I would just like to add an enormous thank you to everyone who has played the league with us over the past couple of months; to all the regulars who are with us week in week out, to the returners who we had not seen for a while, and to the newbies who have found us.  I do hope you will continue to play with us as it has been great to see the turn out every week and has made for a more competitive, but hopefully still friendly game. :cheers

League returns to normal next week, although social distancing still applies of course!  Poker is for life, not just for lockdown. :ok :lol

And don't forget there will be more opportunities for betting again soon with sports restarting, so look around the rest of the forum for all the tips and advice you'll ever need, as well as more FREE money in competitions. :nana

On 5/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, ian309 said:

Making a bid for the Bad Beat Booby Prize... having previously ribbed AvonGirl about her bet sizing tonight, she spite-calls my 12BB 3-bet shove with a dodgy hand after a long dwell up... ? It's all in pre-flop and I am 89% to win on the turn ?:ok ?

Only just seen this, and unlucky on the run out, but I think the call with AJo is mandatory against all but the very tightest of ranges.

4 hours ago, muttley said:

Only just seen this, and unlucky on the run out, but I think the call with AJo is mandatory against all but the very tightest of ranges.

Having earned the reputation as the second tightest player in PL history** (Helen being #1), the regulars will know that I am only 3-bet shoving 12 bigs pre with four hands (the very tightest of ranges), and AJo is in really bad shape against all of them. Many articles have been written about people over-playing and over-valuing AQ... but in this very specific set of circumstances, AJo is a snap fold.

** At least that's what Andy and Jase were very loudly telling everyone at our table at Resorts World :)

9 hours ago, ian309 said:

Having earned the reputation as the second tightest player in PL history** (Helen being #1), the regulars will know that I am only 3-bet shoving 12 bigs pre with four hands (the very tightest of ranges), and AJo is in really bad shape against all of them. Many articles have been written about people over-playing and over-valuing AQ... but in this very specific set of circumstances, AJo is a snap fold.

** At least that's what Andy and Jase were very loudly telling everyone at our table at Resorts World :)

So QQ is the very bottom of your 3-bet shoving range? What would you do with 88 here? Fold?

9 hours ago, muttley said:

So QQ is the very bottom of your 3-bet shoving range?

Of course it is ! How else am I going to protect and perpetuate my image as PL's #2 tightest player ?

What would you do with 88 here? Fold?

It's called 'humour' Paul... there isn't enough of it around right now :D:ok