** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday May 3rd

Alarms set for 6.20 ? just the 3 for me.

630- EAGLE WAY 7/2 Sky Bet

905- DEFINING MOMENT 3/1 Sky Bet

1045- JUNEAU PARK 7/2 Coral

All £5 Win Singles ?                         Ji Fei Dan Da as they say in China #complete disaster , can anyone think of a good anagram for Sha Tin ? note to self , AVOID next Sunday ?

Edited by calva decoy
Results update

Tampa Bay Downs

RACE 1   11  ABSALOM  
RACE 5   9   NO CENTS LEFT  
RACE 6   6   FUN PADDY 
RACE 8   6   KITCHEN FIRE  won ? got 17
RACE 9   3   ROMANTIC GIZMO  

Gulfstream

RACE 2     6   ANIMAL TRICK    
RACE 5     2   VENERATE 
RACE 6     8   LA CARA BONITA   
RACE 8     4   CASSIDY'S SMILE won? got 8
RACE 10    6   OUTSHINE  
RACE 11    4   R PREROGATIVE 
RACE 12    8   KING ORB 

Edited by Swaning
UPDATA

34 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Well done , getting 1 placed is a miracle ?

Sure is ..... 

I managed to get one placed in an EW double on the £20 thread but obviously the second horse finished 5th (paid 4 places) ..... 

?

With HK being a punters graveyard and not being able to get suitable form information for the American races I'm on the verge of giving up for the moment and taking a break until we get some proper racing back ...... 

Maybe I should start looking to the Aussie stuff to keep me going. The main thiing that puts me off is that I can't watch it live but I suppose I could record it and watch it back in the morning. I might check out the Racing Post coverage and see if they have proper form and how many meetings they cover.

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Sure is ..... 

I managed to get one placed in an EW double on the £20 thread but obviously the second horse finished 5th (paid 4 places) ..... 

?

With HK being a punters graveyard and not being able to get suitable form information for the American races I'm on the verge of giving up for the moment and taking a break until we get some proper racing back ...... 

Maybe I should start looking to the Aussie stuff to keep me going. The main thiing that puts me off is that I can't watch it live but I suppose I could record it and watch it back in the morning. I might check out the Racing Post coverage and see if they have proper form and how many meetings they cover.

I use Equibase for the US Racing , I'm a stat man & follow smaller in form trainers & try & stick to low draws in the sprint races.

Hong Kong Jockey Club site is fantastic there's loads of information , I tend to do better at Happy Valley than Sha Tin where a low draw is essential in the sprint races , as for Aussie racing , not my cup of tea , I like to watch what I'm betting on & it starts at silly o'clock.

When UK & Irish racing re start i'll stick to what I do every year for instance the 6 weeks in April / May end of 1 code & start of another take it easy on the wallet , similar to October / November.

Good luck what you do , always a good thing to take some time out now & again ?

@Trotter Racing post are useless for Aussie racing.

Use
https://www.racenet.com.au/

https://www.skyracingworld.com/

Most Aussie sites do HK too. 
But the 

And this site has loads of info depending on what you want.

https://www.racingandsports.com/

Small Eg look at the blue links above the race.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 17.09.12.png

You have to pay for anything decent in America, I just use ATR site.

Thanks for the info BH !

What causes me to bang my head against a proverbial brick wall with the overseas racing is that it seems impossible to look at a horse's form and see all the races it's run in and with some simple indication as to what class or quality of races they were

It's a bit like looking in in a daily newspaper and only having form  like '4532-13 Lightning 4-8-10 R Moore' with no indication of what those form figures relate to ..... were they listed races or sellers ?

The only overseas racing I've found that's possible for me to look at in a way that i'm used to is Hong Kong in the Racing Post ,........ which they appear to cover in the same way as the UK. But as we've found out ...... very difficult to pick winners !

I think I'll stick with Hong Kong and maybe just pick one race a day from the US rather than spending much time on it going through a few races

At the moment I'm betting on Belarussian football ! .......... ?

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Thanks for the info BH !

What causes me to bang my head against a proverbial brick wall with the overseas racing is that it seems impossible to look at a horse's form and see all the races it's run in and with some simple indication as to what class or quality of races they were

It's a bit like looking in in a daily newspaper and only having form  like '4532-13 Lightning 4-8-10 R Moore' with no indication of what those form figures relate to ..... were they listed races or sellers ?

The only overseas racing I've found that's possible for me to look at in a way that i'm used to is Hong Kong in the Racing Post ,........ which they appear to cover in the same way as the UK. But as we've found out ...... very difficult to pick winners !

I think I'll stick with Hong Kong and maybe just pick one race a day from the US rather than spending much time on it going through a few races

At the moment I'm betting on Belarussian football ! .......... ?

sounds like me @Trotter apart from the Belarussion football ?

ive always used used racing post, ive never got on with any other sites as i cant go through the race in the same way and lots of things i look for are missing. Ive tried the hong kong racing before and never got on with it, but might have another look at it now, no good with usa stuff missing races in the form etc...

34 minutes ago, kroni said:

sounds like me @Trotter apart from the Belarussion football ?

ive always used used racing post, ive never got on with any other sites as i cant go through the race in the same way and lots of things i look for are missing. Ive tried the hong kong racing before and never got on with it, but might have another look at it now, no good with usa stuff missing races in the form etc...

The RP seems pretty good with Hong Kong .... the form looks much the same as we are used to for the UK

Like you I've never been able to use any site other than the RP for proper form study 

I know we're all complaining that it's difficult to find winners but maybe that's just because nearly all the races are double figure field handicaps on fairly tight turning tracks .... by definition they're dificult races to work out with a big inbuilt chunk of chaos involved with positioning, gaps, luck in running etc

I've had two bets on the Belarus Football ..... Over 1.5 goal treble yesterday and Over 1.5 goal Four-fold today and both won ! The games are all live on Youtube with staggered kick offs so you can watch every match over the Fri-Sun round of games (not that I have done, I've dipped in and out)

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

Sure is ..... 

?

I always watch it as live in the morning either via Sky or Racing.com for the meetings they don't show. You just have to cover the result on your phone/laptop and press the replay button. Don't use the Racing Post for Australian form as it is incomplete and they only put the bigger races up anyway. If it is Victoria or South Australian you want then Racing.com is the best place to go. It is totally free to sign up for an account and the coverage is superb. Punters.com.au covers them all and is another site I use. When I am in Australia I always buy a paper called The Winning Post which comes out on a Friday over there. One advantage with all this is that it is now available online and is ready to purchase on a Thursday morning UK time. It is just over £2.50 and the fact I have been able to get hold of a copy has been a massive help with doing my previews. They cover Friday - Monday meetings so plenty to go to war with should you wish.

Just going to add the official Racing Australia website which is racingaustralia.horse

Seen that you want something you can see all the past form of a horse and this site allows you to do that very easily. This is the link for the Warrnambool card to Tuesday as an example 

https://www.racingaustralia.horse/FreeFields/AllForm.aspx?Key=2020May05%2CVIC%2CWarrnambool&recentForm=N

21 hours ago, notanotherdonkey said:

Three bets all e-w at Gulfstream on a tricky card.

6-15 Millionaire Runner 6-1

8.48 Estilo Talentoso 9-2

11.29 Keep Quiet 5-1      Good Luck.Stay Safe#

One placed and the other 2 finished 4th just over 4points loss today.Not a bad week all in all and a profit on the week.Stay Safe#