Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

Premier League Predictions > May 1st - 3rd

Shakhtyor Soligorsk vs Isloch

The last game in today's schedule of matches is between Shakhtyor Soligorsk and Isloch at 6pm BST coming live from the Stroitel Stadium. Can the home side continue their solid recent form to get another win and move on up the table against a visiting side that has firmly got their eyes on keeping the pressure on the team currently sat top of the Belarus Premier League?

Shakhtyor Soligorsk  might be down in 12th place with just 8 points but Yuriy Vernydub's men are proving a tough side to beat. Just 1 loss in their last 5 league games has been combined with a run to the Belarus Cup semi-finals where they only missed out on reaching the final on away goals after a 4-4 draw on aggregate against Dynamo Brest. This game offers an opportunity to make it 3 wins in a row in all competitions and a much-needed first home win in the league this season.

Isloch are a surprise package at the top end of the table. Vitaliy Zhukovsky's team are in 3rd place with a game in hand on the two teams above them. A victory here could move them within 1 point of league leaders FC Slutsk. It's an encouraging start for a team that was knocking on the door of the big boys last season with their 5th placed finish. Back-to-back wins in the league have got them back on track after two losses could have put them off their stride. However, the only game where they've been listed as the away side they have lost and it wasn't pretty.

This one might not be as cut and dry as the statistics suggest. Shakhtyor Soligorsk have proven they are a tough side to break down and on their day can match anybody. Isloch have done the business at home but the jury remains out on whether they can replicate this form at their own ground on the road. I think my gut suggests backing the home win and that decision is backed by the ELO ratings supporting the same outcome.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk to Win @ 1.62 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.10 with Betfair

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Belshina vs Dynamo Brest

The Belarus Premier League is jam-packed with action today as we see four matches being played across 8 hours. The match that begins proceedings is the 12pm BST kick-off between Belshina and Dynamo Brest that is scheduled to be played at the Spartak Stadium. Both of these teams have struggled at the start of this campaign but it's without a doubt that the home team find themselves in a more dire situation.

Belshina might have won the second tier title last season but the team has really failed to adapt effectively to life in the top flight of Belarusian football. Eduard Gradoboyev's men are still yet to record their first victory in the league and have only managed to accumulate 2 points from their 6 league games so far and sit bottom of the table. Those two points came in 1-1 draws against Neman Grodno and Smolevichi. OK, they are proving to be hard to break down with only 1 of their 4 defeats being by more than a single goal but as their win drought goes on longer it becomes even harder to see where it's going to come from.

Dynamo Brest are not in quite as poor a position as Belshina but the league table still doesn't make for pleasant reading for their fans. Back-to-back defeats have seen Syarhey Kavalchuk's side drop to 14th in the standings but they remain 4 points outside the automatic relegation places. They've also picked up 7 points from their 6 league games and are only 3 points off 5th place so it's a tightly congested table still. The 4-2 loss to Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the cup in midweek was another blow to morale and once again highlighted their current defensive frailties. The key bit of hope here though is that they're back to scoring goals and that could be their saviour.

Well, it's not a very nice time to be a Belshina fan. It currently looks like their side is out of its depth in this division. 5 points already separate these two teams so just because two places separate them in the table it doesn't mean they're necessarily closely matched. The bookies heavily back an away win. The ELO ratings just about favour the away team. I can see a narrow away win for Dynamo Brest as the home side will continue to toil.

Dynamo Brest to Win to Nil @ 2.63 with Betfred

Draw HT/ Dynamo Brest FT @ 4.60 with Unibet

Good start to the day Stevie, I did a last minute 1pt on Brest Half time :ok

Slightly playing catch up today (was beating someone at chess at the same time as getting bets on the first game)!

Second game of the day is Vitebsk v Slavia Mozyr, reffed by Tsinkevich who is a decent prospect for pens and very much a low cards ref (if you can bring yourself to ignore 3 games where he showed 2 red cards for make-ups of 145, 110 and 80).

Pen taken 5/2 with 888, buy pen goal mins at 14 with sx

Sell bookings at 61 with SPIN (in addition to the 3 games above there's a 65 so just 4 totals over 60 in his last 32 top flight games)

Slavia corners >5.5 at 2.43 with 888 and their multi corners >4.5 at evens with PP (closer to 50/50 for me whether they get 6+ corners and their multis are no less than 8 to buy on the spreads).

4 games at 2 hour intervals seems like a hard slog; how did I ever cope with wall to wall footy and other sports! :loon

Next up we have BATE Borisov v Neman Grodno with Sh... you know who in charge (Shcherbakov). I could quote actual numbers but I'll just say the guy is pretty much a penalty and card machine! I know there's a degree of small sample size involved but, on his current trajectory, he'll pretty much be averaging 100 points per game by the end of May! :lol

Penalty taken 9/4 PP and buy pen goal mins at 14 with SPIN

>60 bookings points 5/4 PP and 70+ points 11/8 Sky Bet

>6.5 home corners at 21/10 with Sporting Bet (11/10 at Betway) and Home multi corners >8.5 at evens PP (think they are more likely to gain 7 corners than not)

>2 home corners in each half and >1 away card in each half at 14/1 Hills (muggy sounding fun bet but not bad at the doubled odds and earns me my £2 freebie for the day)

Last up today is Shakhter Soligorsk v FK Isloch, reffed by Kulbakov. I'd say he's a solid low cards ref and not great from a penalties perspective. As the prices aren't great for pens in this game I'm more than happy to swerve it given the interest I've got from the multis bet (1 double in, 2 more and a treble if this lands).

Sell bookings at 61 with SPIN, <60 points at 13/10 PP and evens Skybet (couldn't get much on at the better price)

4 goalscorers appeal for an interest, 2 for each team. Ivanovic 10/3 365 (I won on him in the midweek cup game), Lisakovic at 11/5 PP and (for the visitors) Komarovsky and Yansane both look big at 9/2 PP or 4/1 a few other places.

3 hours ago, 888888 said:

I had Vitebsk DNB, absolutely unbelievable, two goals in 1 minute for slavia mozyr 2 minutes before the end, unfrigging believable

Yeah, mad scenes. A superb game if you're a neutral or Slavia fan. Not so much if you were backing Vitebsk to get something as we were. Football, hey!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.