Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Belarus Cup Predictions > Apr 29th

We have two semi-final second legs tomorrow where the teams have also already met in the league. Given our burgeoning "expertise" in all things Belarusian, maybe these games are worth a look as an amuse-bouche for the next set of league games.

Shakhter Soligorsk v Dinamo Brest: odds evens H, 12/5 X and 3/1 A (D Brest lead 2-0 from 1st leg)

BATE Borisov v Slavia Mozyr: odds 10/29 H, 4/1 X and 9/1 A (Slavia lead 1-0 from 1st leg)

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether card betting is an option for this game. For now I've just weighed up the form and considered my view on the likely outcomes.

No bet so far on the first game, I fancy Shakhter to win but nothing appeals at the prices. They won 2-0 away to DB at the weekend.

For the second game I think btts is big at 6/4 with 365 and I've sold time of 1st away goal at 69 with SPIN. BATE lost 2-1 away to Slavia earlier in the season but their form has improved somewhat since then. That said, I fancy them to concede, hence the choice of bets. Might see if anyone does a decent boost to home win/btts tomorrow as well.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk vs Dynamo Brest

The 2020 Belarusian Cup is down to the final four and it's the second legs of the semi-finals. The first game up today is the clash between Shakhtyor Soligorsk and Dynamo Brest at 4pm BST set to take place at Stroitel Stadium. These two sides met at the weekend with Shakhtyor taking a 2-0 victory in Dynamo's own back yard. However, it is the away side here that hold a 2-0 aggregate lead heading into this match.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk have it all to do in this second leg game after their two goal defeat in the first leg. The win on the weekend will give them a confidence boost heading into this match but have they used up the performance they needed? The team that finished 3rd place are down in 11th position in the league after a slow start to their campaign so this cup run is a welcome relief. Yuriy Vernydub's men have so far disposed of Torpedo Zhodino, Lokomotiv Gomel, and Smolevichi to reach this stage.

Dynamo Brest will be seething after the 2-0 loss to their opponents on the weekend that came at home. Syarhey Kavalchuk's side must now travel to Shakhtyor's home ground and prevent a repeat result if they want to progress to the final. Last season's top flight title winners have had a very poor start to the season with the club in 14th place and already 6 points off the title pace. The fans will be demanding a cup win to ease the pressure on the current manager. Their cup journey so far has seen them beat Isloch, FC Minsk, and Ruh Brest.

This is a tough one to call because of how inconsistently these two teams have performed this season. Both sides were title challengers last year but have both endured awful starts to their respective campaigns. If we're going off the weekend's performance then it might have been a different story for Dynamo who missed key chances at influential times. Can I see them overturning this 2-0 deficit? I'm not sure I can. I think Shakhtyor winning the game and adding more misery to Dynamo's season is a likely scenario.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk to Win @ 2.00 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.12 with VBet

BATE Borisov vs Slavia Mozyr

The second match in the 2020 Belarusian Cup semi-final second legs is coming up at 6pm BST tonight when BATE Borisov take on Slavia Mozyr at the Borisov Arena. The away side hold a 1-0 advantage heading into this second leg and having already beaten their opponents 2-1 in the league as well they hold a mental edge over the hosts before a ball has even been kicked.

BATE Borisov have long been one of the big names in Belarus football but this season hasn't exactly gone to plan so far. Kirill Alshevsky's reign as manager could be thrown into doubt if the team fails to turn this tie around. The club is in 4th in the league but have already dropped more points than they would have liked. The last success BATE experienced in this competition was in 2015 and their fans will be craving another trophy being added to their cabinet. Their victims in the cup so far have included Dinamo Minsk, Torpedo Minsk, and Sputnik Rechitsa.

Slavia Mozyr fans are expecting nothing more than mid-table mediocrity this season and that's exactly what looks set to happen with the club currently in 13th place. Mihail Martsinovich has seen his side defeat BATE twice this season already but he'll be more than aware that both of those wins came on home turf. Getting the business done on the road in BATE's own stadium will be an entirely different proposition. Slavia have so far disposed of Dnyapro Mogilev, Vitebsk, and NFK Minsk in this cup. Can they go one step closer towards a first Belarusian Cup win since 2000?

I have to say that even though Slavia have notched up two victories against BATE already this season I'm not hopeful for them here. BATE are starting to find their stride in the league with an unbeaten run of 4 games including 3 wins. Slavia are struggling in the league and haven't won in 3 matches. I can see BATE winning and overturning the aggregate score to progress.

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 1.95 with Betway

BATE -1 @ 4.50 with Boylesports

No joy in finding the ref appointments for today thus far. Channelling someone else's bets I've taken the 10/11 PP offer for Soligorsk multi-corners being >8.5 (their first half corners multiplied by their second half corners, so need 6 at least to land the bet). Logic being that the hosts should be on the front foot for most of the game given that they're trying to overcome a 2 goal deficit,

Also, having thought yesterday that there was a decent potential for cards in both games and seen the spreads (pitched around the 70 mark) I took >60 points in each game with PP; 10/11 in the first one and 11/10 in the second. The line for the first game has moved to 70 points now.

Substantially limited on all 3 bets though.

Well that all felt like a lot of effort to find some reasonable looking bets only for the excuses for bookies to offer me laughable levels of stake! x-)

A couple of scorers in the first game; Saviskiy 4/1 PP and Ivanovic 7/2 365.

Done Slavia multi corners >2.5 at 6/5 with PP in the later game.

Also (stake limit comments not applicable here) stuck a £2 freebie that expires soon on the pen scored double at 17/5 and 16/5 with Hills. Both good refs for pens but the prices are less attractive than has been the case for league games so far. 

28 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Well that all felt like a lot of effort to find some reasonable looking bets only for the excuses for bookies to offer me laughable levels of stake! x-)

A couple of scorers in the first game; Saviskiy 4/1 PP and Ivanovic 7/2 365.

:ok Saviskiy scores but more of an "ooh" than a "boom" at the stakes allowed! I did stick a bit more on him at shorter odds elsewhere and had a couple of quid on the brace at 33/1 so another would be nice.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.