** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Corona Tennis Off-Season News

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

jean-francois who? a lot of no-names coming out of their holes these days to jump on the shitstorm-bandwagon. nole followed the corona-guidelines for balkan region and he didn't force anyone to join his tour. there were no regulations to wear masks or social distancing since it was an open-air tournament. we have 500 people twice a day without masks in our open-air bath in southern germany. if we would start to test all visitors day by day it's a safe bet that we would also have cases. so we're the ones to blame for opening our doors? furthermore being corona positive means nothing, it's like being tested positive on herpes simplex virus.

"personally, you may think that there is no need to get vaccinated or that by taking plants, you can treat yourself."

maybe someone tell this guy that you can literally heal almost everything with plants and even conventional medicine is widely based on secondary plant compounds. just another idiot looking for some pats on his shoulder for joining the djokovic-baiting. i really go on the theory that nole (and maybe some of the other participants of the adria tour) almost prayed to catch this flu to gain immunity before the tour resumes. no sane person in this world will agree to be inoculated with an experimental vaccine that hasn't gone through the regular test procedure which normally takes 15-20 years. even less when you are a professional athlete.

Edited by kedbet

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Personally, I'm wondering how exactly the tournaments that are set to begin on August 3 are gearing up at this point. Governments can change things up at a moment's notice, so how do you ensure that you're going to have the field you're looking for and that everything is going to go as scheduled?

Probably nobody can ensure it's gonna be the field they wont and that it will go on as planed.

Federer and Nadal have done nothing( although nadal is really scared of going out.. so I can understand) for the lower ranked players. atleast nole did. I am sure if federer gets a call from Dubai to play a tournament he would pack his bags and play. he is only interested in endorsements.

Nadal on the other hand has done so much for humanity from giving out his facilities in valencia for the flood victims I cant blame him

I think it'll be called. Let's see. Wimbledon set the precedent so it's easier for other Slams to follow if that's what they decide to do. The Ryder Cup golf was cancelled yesterday and I think that will have an impact on what's decided, that plus it's looking like Nadal wont play. If other players follow plus there can be no spectators I can't see that the organisers will want to play a diluted version of the tournament.

EckKQXSWkAEf-nP?format=png&name=small

And this

Since last year’s Championships, we have also taken the time to give consideration to the evolution of the sport and the mechanisms of allocating seeding for The Championships. Given the quality of competition, entertainment and modern grass courts, following detailed discussion with the player groups, the AELTC has decided that the grass court seeding formula used since 2002 has served its time, and from The Championships 2021 seeding for the Gentlemen’s singles draw will be based solely on ranking. There will be no change to the method of seeding for the Ladies’ singles draw.