Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 24th - 26th

Isloch vs Vitebsk

The final match of this round of games in the Belarus Premier League is scheduled for 4pm BST this afternoon with Isloch hosting Vitebsk at the FC Minsk Stadium. There may be 7 places separating these two sides in the table but there is only a single point difference between them. A win or loss could have a huge impact on the coming weeks for both of these sides.

Isloch are in 9th place but only 1 point off the league leaders. That's how close this division is right now. Vitaly Zhukovsky knows that every victory has even bigger importance at the moment because it's a chance to take points off rivals in the table. It's almost as if the 3 points for a win are now a lot more valuable. The 2-1 win at home to Slavia Mozyr last weekend stopped a mini-rot of back-to-back defeats in the league. The defensive issues that have crept into their game remain a concern though with 7 goals conceded in their past 3 matches.

Vitebsk will have their eyes firmly set on top spot. There is the potential to move top of the league if results go their way and Sergey Yasinsky will be confident his men can get a result here. The philosophy of Yasinsky is hardly inspirational with the team seeing just 1.4 goals scored by both teams per game. You could argue this focus on a defensive approach is benefiting them so far but how long will it last? For now, it's three league games unbeaten with three clean sheets kept this campaign already.

Well, as the statistics will show you, we shouldn't expect a thrilling encounter here. It will be arduous and it will be short on entertainment. This is a battle of the contrasting defensive units. I can see Vitebsk earning a narrow win here but I'm still reluctant to back an away side in an unfamiliar league so early in the season. Isloch's defensive issues are a big issue though and until they rectify that they'll struggle to pick up the wins. The saving grace for Isloch could be their attack and that's making me feel the draw could be a safer option.

Draw @ 3.10 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.25 with Sportingbet

Next up Torpedo Zhodino v Rukh Brest with Chistov in charge.

I'm following my pens bets off a cliff, how can I not with a ref who has awarded 5 in one game this season! :eyes

3/1 taken Hills, 16/1 2+ taken Sky Bet and buy pen goal mins at 11 with SX.

Swerving cards, if pressed I'd sell at 62 and take evens with Paddy for <60.

My compliments to your cat! :ok

Last game of the day is Isloch Minsk v Vitebsk with Kurgheli as ref.

Looks like a solid low to average ref with no significant upward trend in recent results so I'm happy to risk selling at 58 and taking the 6/5 for <5.5 cards offered by Sporting Bet.

Penalties are feeling like a swerve as the bets don't stack up given his stats. All my instincts tell me that this is the game where the bet will land if I don't carry on with it but that's not a rational way to make betting decisions. Unless I waver I've decided that, at the odds, the pen markets are a "no bet" in this game.

3 hours ago, allyhibs said:

A 2pt loss yesterday in the Belarus games after Din. Brest failed to win but a 2pt profit for the day after a drunk late night bet on Real Esteli in Nicaragua, made sweeter with the fact that I was going to bet on the draw but drunkenly clicked the wrong button.

With BATE winning yesterday, I'm now just waiting on a Slutsk win for the treble, so i'll leave that game alone. The one I like today is Ruh Brest, I don't know what it is but I quite like this side, very organised. They're a big price today so i'll have a small punt on the away win.

Ruh Brest @ 4.00 - 1pt.

And no doubt sweeter still as Esteli scored after going down to 10 :ok

As the dust clears it's a small net loss for me (circa £6). Penalty betting was brutal; a winner in the first and (unbacked) in the last but nothing in between. Selective bookings betting proved profitable with just the one losing bet where the bookie was kind enough to limit me to a very small stake. 2 out of 3 goalscorers landed (small bets put on once the line-ups were announced).

On to next week's action now!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.