** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Home Tour

Fader

Group 3 tomorrow morning. Here is the line-up:

L.Humphries
J.Clayton
G.Clemens
J.Wattimena
K.Huybechts
B.Brooks
K.Shepherd

Luke Humphries has been immense in this tournament, much like Ratajski. He is the favourite here and it wouldn't surprise me if he did win the group. Whilst I'm happy to take Ratajski around evens to win the group though I'm not taking 5/2 on Luke. There is alot of players in this group that can do the business on their day but also alot of inconsistency's.

I'm going to take a chance on Kim Huybrechts at 10/1. He has started seeing abit of form recently and I read that he is loving his darts again. If he can keep up that form here and revert back to some of his form of a few years ago he has every chance of topping the group. I'll take a point punt on Kirk Shepherd too. Unlikely, but far far too big.

2pts K.Huybrechts to win Group 3 10/1 bet365
1pt K.Shepherd to win Group 3 25/1 boylesports

1 minute ago, BrandNew said:

Are these matches broadcast on TV, or even on the PDC website, or any of the betting sites? I like to follow a bet by watching the match, I hate just checking the result afterwards!

are*

a lot*

inconsistencies*

a bit*

Yep, betting sites offer the match streamed live. PDC does also, but you have to pay with them.

Many thanks for the English lesson but I have a million things to do here and the last thing i am worried about is punctuation ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been keeping too close an eye on this as the quality in darts and the players in the tournament isn't the best but yesterday I missed out on another Ratajski standard win and today we've got the following group :

C.Dobey
A.Hamilton
G.Nentjes
G.Blades
C.Wilkinson
P.Jacques
B.Bates

It's quite an open day of darts and even if he wins it you can't be having Dobey at odds on. I think the value is once again with Carl Wilkinson. On his day he can easily score the high 90s average or higher. He's already won an event like this and performed well in the majority he has played.

1pt C.Wilkinson to win Group 16/1 bet365

will be up today, Pipoca. SA a good shout. Quite open event this year.

in terms of the PDC Home tour today the two I liked were Ross Smith and Steve West but both have been priced up at 3.50 and that just isn't any value to me. I can see it being a two horsed race with Kleermaker coming third perhaps.

On 11/5/2020 at 2:33 PM, Pipoca said:

Fader, Wales to win the tournament  World Cup?
Do You know anything about Gibralter?? The game is best of 9, Lituania can go 5-0... Handicaps nice odds

Sorry mate, there is a thread for World Cup. Only just seen this.

Wales have a good chance but I do worry about Claytons doubling 

• 3 weeks later...

Another Home Tour gets underway tomorrow. The Grand Slam won't be until after 7pm and so more darts throughout the day tomorrow. Here is the lineup for Group A :

• W.Borland
  • C.Wilkinson
  • K.Huybrechts
  • J.Henderson
  • H.Leitinger
  • S.Beaton
  • S.Brown

I've backed Wilkinson a couple of times now over the course of this year and most of the time he gives me a run for my money. This group looks pretty weak to me and I think he has a chance. 

2pts C.Wilkinson to win Group A 12/1 paddypower

not good enough with Wilko. Ended third or forth. Another group tomorrow :

S.Bunting
R.Smith
A.Hamilton
K.Leung
M.Mansell
D.Larsson
C.Teehan

long over are the days we'd get a good price on Ross Smith in these things. He's abit too short for me now. I'll take a couple of outsiders in the shape of Andy Hamilton and Daniel Larsson.

2pts A.Hamilton to win Group B 6/1 bet365
1pt D.Larsson to win Group B 18/1 paddypower

Larsson beat the two best players. Beating the winner of the group, Bunting in the first match and then Smith and then was absolute garbage. Hamilton not much better.

Tomorrow we have another group. Nothing to get too excited about. Meulenkamp the favourite and second favourite, Steve West, both didn't have great groups the last time they played in this. Perhaps the value lies with Kantele, who was excellent back in Group 2 when he finished joint top with Dobey.

I'm going with the bottom two though. I'm only going a point each on these two, I like Joe Murnan and Kirk Shepherd. I think they're better players than their world rankings. Murnan especially has good form coming into this really and tends to perform but lose out on deciding legs. 

1pt J.Murnan to win group 18/1 paddypower
1pt K.Shepherd to win group 18/1 paddypower

Home Tour 3 tips -5pts

More Home Tour darts tomorrow. A strong line-up too :

M.Smith
L.Humphries
R.Searle
R.Smith
S.Beaton
C.Whitehead
R.Meikle

Michael Smith is the favourite here at 11/10. Humphries is 2nd favourite at 4/1. Searle you can get 6/1. Ross Smith 7s and higher the rest. It will be interesting to see if Michael Smith can really be bothered with this or not. I think he's worth taking here. His averages have been excellent recently and without any pressure here I can see him going strong

5pts M.Smith to win group 11/10 betway

The big favourite in the morning is, ofcourse, Smith to win again. He is 8/13 on. No value for me atall. Looking through for somebody to oppose him with isn't easy. The group is pretty poor. A few of these, like Hamilton and Jacques, have had moments where they have performed but far from consistent.

I think it's worth siding with Meulenkamp. I would say he is the 2nd most naturally gifted out of this group and he has regularly hit 91-93 averages. I'm not sure anybody else would hit that average after playing 6 matches apart from Smith.

1.5pts R.Meulenkamp to win group 5/1 paddypower

Meulenkamp couldn't take advantage of there being no Smith. In for Smith came Boulton and Boulton was the winner. Meulenkamp only lost one match and that was to Boulton. Who normally plays more like Michael Boulton but made an exception. I didn't have too much of an opinion on todays group. It was of high quality with Ratajski, Smith, Searle and Whitlock. I probably would have gone for Whitlock but Ryan Searle put in some huge averages to win the group

Tomorrow, Michael Smith is back again and his only opposition looks to be Chris Dobey I've seen that Dobey has been practicing alot with Wattimena and hitting some big averages against him. I think it's worth giving him a shot tomorrow as Smith looks abit lackluster in his performance's.

3pts C.Dobey to win the group 10/3 betvictor

Home Tour 3 tips -3pts
Darts 2020  +122.5pts