** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Home Tour

Fader

Well, it looked good after the first match but Anderson was at a 115 average during his win against Humphries. Another outright pick tonight in Dave Chisnall. It's been a while since we saw him win his group but critically he has been playing online since then and hopefully that keeps him sharp. Here's the other group members :

Group 4 :
D. Chisnall
D. Heta

G. Nentjes
D. Webster

I picked Heta to win his group when he won it, with a small worry on him playing in the early hours but it didn't bother him. I'm just not sure he can raise his levels tonight to match Chisnall. Nentjes looks a live chance tonight and an underrated chance. I'm going to side with Chisnall though. I have him at 20/1 to win this event and i'm going to go with him winning all 3 tonight.

5pts D. Chisnall to win all 3 matches 9/5 paddypower
1pt D. Chisnall to win all 3 matches and have most 180s 7/1 paddypower

Chisnall so close to winning all 3. so typically apt that he makes me lose my bet but still manages to make it through, but i suppose it keeps the 20/1 live and now he will be in the final 16. 

I like Ryan Searle tonight. I think I backed him when he first won his group and he did it with ease. He had some top performances there and was standout. Woodhouse joins him here and Woodhouse has been the best performance we've seen in this event, but do we think it will be matched tonight? I'm not so sure:

L. Woodhouse
R. Cross
R. Searle
D. Larsson

Cross was very lucky to get through his group, however you could see he was finding it hard with his loss back then. I will have a small bet on him as cover if he turns up tonight

4pts R Searle to win Group 5 9/4 paddypower
1pt R. Searle to win all his matches 5/1 paddypower
1pt R. Cross to win all his matches 6-0.6-1.6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 5/1 paddypower

can't catch a break here. On to tonight Here's the group:

J.Cullen
M. Kleermaker
C. Dobey
J. Smith

I think I'm with Cullen tonight. His qualification to the last 32 was pretty special albeit at the second attempt. He has the throw in his match against Dobey and that will help. I'll also take Kleermaker. In cover, I'll take Dobey to win all his matches. This cover should have came in lastnight at a big price with Cross but he decided to hit something like a 78 average in his last match, 

2pts J.Cullen to win all his matches 5/1 paddypower
2pts C. Dobey to win all his matches 6-0. 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 11/2 paddypower

Cullen wins all three matches to hit a 5/1. A much needed 8pts profit.

Tonight is Nathan Aspinall's chance to get to the next round but he has one serious group to get through. This group consists of :

Group 7 :
N. Aspinall
J. Hughes
J, De Sousa
J. Noguera

De Sousa was pretty impressive in his win of Group 25. He averaged 110, 98 and 107 in his 3 matches and although it was against nobody who played particularly well, anything like that tonight is going to win him the group. Aspinall won all 3 of his matches also, but his averages were 91, 99 and 86 which is a planet away from De Sousa. Hughes looks a good outsider option. He managed averages of 97, 88 and 91 in his 3 wins. That doesn't set the world alight and he will need to improve that but he is more than capable and a nicer price than the other 2 above him in the betting. I think we can rule out Noguera. His averages were in the 80s and late 70s at one point and I think he may have a clean sweep of losses tonight in this calibre of opponent.

I know De Sousa really wants to win this. He has talked about being the first person to win this event and being a big sports star in Portugal. He actually beat Aspinall the last time they met 6-2 in a Players Championship. He has also beaten Noguera 6-2 in a similar event. Aspinall has beaten Noguera 6-0 already this year and has him up first, so I would expect a similar kind of result and perhaps would mean someone would need to win all 3 to qualify here.

I think based on the odds (Aspinall odds on, De Sousa 5/2, Hughes 4/1) I think the value is on Hughes. I'll have some cover on Aspinall winning every match, as I think he will start well tonight. I'll also have an accy against Noguera

2pts J.Hughes to win Group 7 4/1 bet365
2pts N. Aspinall to win all his matches 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 4/1 paddypower
1pt accy - N. Aspinall -2.5 legs Vs Noguera / De Sousa -2.5 legs Vs Noguera / J. Hughes -1.5 legs Vs Noguera 5/1 betfair 

Not much shown by Hughes, but Aspinall wins all 3 within the score brackets to make it another +5pt profit for the night. The accy was very close as Noguera did lose all three but he also played better than I thought he would and managed a couple more legs than predicted. Tonight's group :

Group 8 :
J. Clayton
S Waites

M. Hopp
C. Wilkinson

Somehow, Max Hopp starts as a second favourite in this despite his illness that he has just recovered from and the fact his averages in his group win were pretty much all under 90. Don't understand that but makes abit more value on the guy I'm picking which is Scott Waites. I took him when he won Group 27 and I'll take him again tonight. His 3 winning averages were 97, 91 and 99. Clayton is the favourite and rightly so, he beat Waites 10-7 already this year but Waites is the value.

Once again I will take some cover with Clayton. This group could very well go down to the Clayton Vs Waites match, which is the very first match. Starting well will be the key.

2pts S. Waites to win Group 8 5/2 betfair
2pts J. Clayton to win all matches 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 15/2 paddypower 

Waites was abit unlucky tonight. Losing to Clayton in the first and then dropping just one leg in the next two matches but Clayton wins all 3 and wins them with ease to bring another +13ots profit today and to finally take this thread back into a profit.

PDC Home Tour bets +2pts

We're now into the Semi-finals. The final 8. Here is the two groups :

Group A :
G. Anderson
D. Chisnall
J. Klaasen
M. De Decker

Group B :
R. Cross
J. Cullen
N. Aspinall
J. Clayton

The top 2 from each group will go through to a final 4 group on Friday. Early thoughts, I like Chisnalls group for getting through. I think Cullen is a good outsider as I do not believe Cross will make it through to the final 2. 

We will know 2 of the final 4 by the end of tonight. Gary Anderson is the favourite and rightly so. I think he probably wins this group tonight but I'm hoping outright pick Dave Chisnall can make the top 2 at worst. We saw with Klaasen that he can have moments where he just rattles off legs and scores very heavily. He thrashed Peter Wright to sneak in and win the group and although on whole he may not have been super impressive, he is a live threat to Anderson and Chisnall. De Decker also has taken out big players like Gen Durrant.

I'm not going to go too heavy with this group. I have Chisnall to qualify for this in a sense and the only bet I will take it Anderson to win all his matches -1.5 effectively. 

2pts G. Anderson to win all his matches 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 11/2 paddypower

Could NOT be any more unlucky on Anderson last night. 3 wins, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-5 and the 6-5 he was 6-2 up and let it get back to 5-5. Typical.

2nd Semi-final day today and by end of play we'll know the final 4 of the tournament. Group for tonight :

R. Cross
N. Aspinall
J. Cullen
J Clayton

I think tonight's group is stronger than lastnights and I think any of the 4 could win it. I'm not convinced by Rob Cross though and he's one I'm putting a line through.The odds on Aspinall is alittle short. I think Cullen and Clayton both look decent value tonight. I'll take Aspinall as cover once again but I'll go for Clayton.

2pts J. Clayton to win group 5/1 betfred
2pts N. Aspinall to win every match 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 7/1 paddypower

Clayton wins the group. +8 for the day and +8pts for the tournament. 

The final tonight. Here's the final 4 line-up :

Anderson 13/8
Aspinall 6/4
Clayton 9/2
Klaasen 13/2

Standout value for me is Clayton. Cover on Anderson. Klaasen has coasted through this in my opinion with the odd good performance when it's needed. Aspinall has been great in patches, as has Anderson but for me Clayton has been the most consistent. 

2pts J. Clayton to win PDC Home Tour 9/2 betfair
1pt G. Anderson to win every match 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 7/1

PDC Home Tour bets +8pts

1 minute ago, Torque said:

Not the final night you were hoping for @Fader but hats off for sticking at this from the start. I'm sure plenty have benefited from the time you've spent previewing each day :ok

Yeah, +5pts in the end. Could have been alot better but Darts is very fine lines isn't it. thank you mate

• 2 months later...

Home Tour 2 got started yesterday with a slightly different format. It will be for the 80 lowest ranked card holders. The top 3 in each group go through too, so it's abit easier to come through. Mike De Decker, Joe Murnan and Andy Boulton made it through in Group 1 yesterday. Group 2 lineup today :

Pos. Player P W L LF LA +/– Avg Pts
1 Wales Barrie Bates 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 England Gary Blades 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 England Matthew Edgar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 England Adam Hunt 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 Wales Jamie Lewis 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 England Alan Tabern 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 England Carl Wilkinson 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Jamie Lewis is the obvious favourite here and I'm sure he will qualify but I also think Edgar will and I think Edgar could top the group. 

2pts M.Edgar to win Group 2 7/2 bet365

• 3 weeks later...

The groups seem to be getting abit stronger now in this event and I'll get involved today. I'm going to take Luke Humphries to win the group. The group lineup is as follows :

L. Humphries
L. Ashton
G. Blades
K. Leung
J. Hughes
M. Schindler

A. Gray

I'd like to think Humphries scoring will help him out today. Ashton has shown abit of form as had Schindler and a few others in bit and pieces but I think Luke will be disappointed if he cannot win this group. Hughes would be the main danger if he turns up. His consistency has let him down recently though and I hope for that to continue

4pts L.Humphries to win Group 8 6/4 paddypower

Todays group has some real attacking players who score big in it so a hard one to call. The favourite is Dobey and he is a player who I really like but he lacks consistency and that was highlighted at the Autumn Series where he would beat a couple of decent players and then throw in a shocker. You could say the same about second favourite Ricky Evans who will throw 180 followed by 26. I can see why those 2 are the top of the market but I like 2 outsiders today and the first is Callan Rydz. Rydz looked brilliant in patches at the Autumn Series and scored very heavily. He has a great chance today if the other 2 above him in the betting cannot keep consistent.

The other guy I like is Nick Kenny. This is a guy I backed to win his group in the first Home Tour and he duley obliged.  He has beaten some top players already in the Autumn Series and has made the last 8. His price is certainly too big.

2pts C.Rydz to win Group 9 6/1 coral
2pts N.Kenny to win Group 9/1 coral

Tomorrows group features Ratajski as the even money favourite. I can't see anybody in the group being consistent enough to win this group other than Ratajski but once again Coral are offering a huge 25/1 on Edgar. Elsewhere the best you'll get is 16s at bet365. 12s elsewhere. Edgar has beaten Anderson and on his day he has the ability. Is it likely he wins the group? No!, but it's worth a point in my mind.

Cover on Ratajski

3pts K.Ratajski to win Group 10 evens bet365
1pt M.Edgar to win Group 10 25/1 coral

just a warning to anybody following, Coral seem to be taking bets but not paying out. They still haven't paid out for my bet yesterday and doesn't look like they are going to. Absolute clowns. So i will not be betting with Coral again.

*edit - if anybody followed with Coral, just go to Twitter (Coral) and they will settle the bet for you. All is well again.

This continues tomorrow with the following group :

N.Kenny
J.Wilson

K.Shepherd
A.Hunt
J.De Zwaan
C.Wilkinson
G.Nentjes

Out of all these, Nick Kenny had the best overall performance in their qualifying groups. He managed a 91 average. He won his group too and the only other person to do that here was James Wilson. I think Kenny is worth a shot here. His price isn't quite as nice as it was in the last group but at 11/2 I'll have 2 points on it.

I'll also take a punt on Wilkinson. He averaged 89 in the group he came 4th in and we've seen him produce well on the home tour before. 

2pts N.Kenny to win Group 11/2 coral
1pt C.Wilkinson to win group 12/1 bet365

Let's try and find another big winner tomorrow. Group is as follows :

Humphries 
Heta
Woodhouse
Ross Smith
Mike De Decker
Murnan
Bates

At the top order you would have to say Humphries being a favourite isn't a huge surprise. We had him to win his prior group and smashed it out the park by winning all 6 and hitting an average of 100 for the day. However, he didn't get much back his way in that group. Damon Heta only came 3rd in his group to make it through but he averaged 96.55 and he is a guy who can stand up to Luke Humphries.

I'll also take a chance on Ross Smith. I like this guy and he's really shown his class over the last few months in the players championships events. He came 2nd in a good group and managed a 93 average over the course of the day. That would allow him to qualify here and perhaps win the group

4pts D.Heta to win the group 5/2 coral
2pts R.Smith to win the group 6/1 bet365

11 hours ago, Fader said:

Let's try and find another big winner tomorrow. Group is as follows :

Humphries 
Heta
Woodhouse
Ross Smith
Mike De Decker
Murnan
Bates

At the top order you would have to say Humphries being a favourite isn't a huge surprise. We had him to win his prior group and smashed it out the park by winning all 6 and hitting an average of 100 for the day. However, he didn't get much back his way in that group. Damon Heta only came 3rd in his group to make it through but he averaged 96.55 and he is a guy who can stand up to Luke Humphries.

I'll also take a chance on Ross Smith. I like this guy and he's really shown his class over the last few months in the players championships events. He came 2nd in a good group and managed a 93 average over the course of the day. That would allow him to qualify here and perhaps win the group

4pts D.Heta to win the group 5/2 coral
2pts R.Smith to win the group 6/1 bet365

can't seem to find the message people option anymore to message you? but respects to you as always for all the previews, tips and now helping out in the competitions of the forum. Really sad and feel heartpain with the news of BH/G even when I didn't know him in person. 

Ross Smith loses out on top spot on leg difference. Ugh. He even beat Humphries too but managed to lose to rubbish old Murnan in his first match. So close.-6pts

Home Tour 2 bets +34.5pts
Darts 2020 bets +136.50pts

fresh from the most narrow of losses today, another group will be in action tomorrow. Group consists of :

Meulenkamp
Meikle
Boulton
Kantele
Hamilton
Edgar
Brown

"The Hammer" would have smashed this group apart back in the day but things have changed now and he finds himself down at 7/1 to win the group. I like one for this group and that's Ryan Meikle. He won his group by winning 6 from 6 and that included Ross Smith, Meulenkamp & Clemens in that group,  He managed a 90 average for the day but hit 97 in one game.

4pts R.Meikle to win the group 7/2 bet365

More home tour darts this morning as another group gets underway, with a few familiar faces from the last :

D.Heta
R.Meulenkamp
K.Leung
L.Woodhouse
J,Wilson
A.Boulton
C.Wilkinson

I find it abit baffling that the bottom two guys are guys that have both won their group recently and that's plenty enough for me to get involved. I'll take a punt on both. I've backed Wilkinson a couple of times now this season at big prices and although not massively consistent he can score with the best of them and on his day his doubling is excellent.

1pt A.Boulton to win Group 1 12/1 betfair
1pt C.Wilkinson to win Group 1 16/1 betfair

Group won by Damon Heta. Group 2 tomorrow is the following :

Ratajski
Dobey
R.Smith
Murnan
Kantele
Kenny
Meikle

I've tipped up Ratajski to win his group on both occasions now and he's duly obliged in both, winning all but one of his 6 matches on both occasions and hitting an average of 95.55 on the first day and 96.87 on the second. I have to go again with him here as although it's a tough group, and Dobey is hitting similar averages, I feel like Dobey will have a couple of dodgy games at some point in the day. 

The value of the group will be my second pick ad it's that man Ross Smith again. He hasn't officially managed to win a group yet but he came 2nd on leg difference last time out and he's hit averages of 92.65 and 95.70. Anything like the latter would see him through here and challenging for the top spot.

5pts K.Ratajski to win the group 11/10 bet365
2pts R.Smith to win the group 15/2 bet365