** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Home Tour

Fader

no joy last night. I was quite disappointed in Kim. I thought he was pretty poor. Not quite as poor as Derry, but nevertheless abit of a rubbish night.

Group 19 :
G. Durrant
J. Pipe
V. Van Der Meer
M. Kuivenhoven

I'm taking the favourite tonight. I already have an outright pick on Durrant and I think he wins tonight. He has been on Twitter today saying that he has lost 3 practise matches in a row, but I think when he gets down to it, he will turn it on. 

I do however, think that Kuivenhoven can have a good night and win his other 2 matches. 

5pts G. Durrant to win Group 19 evens paddypower
2pts G. Durrant to win all 3 matches 5-0, 5-1. 5-2 or 5-3 11/2 paddypower
2.5pts Kuivenhoven to beat J.Pipe 6/5 betfred
1pt Kuivenhoven to win all 3 matches 8/1 paddypower
1pt G. Durrant to have most 180s in all 3 games 12/1 betfair

Durrant wins Group 19 and also manages to get every match won 5-3 or under so a decent result. It was obvious that Kuivenhoven was a very good player and if he was playing Pipe 2nd or 3rd, I'm sure he beats him. Just those nerves ruined that game. You saw how much better he was after that game.

Group 20 :
J. Wattimena
J. Cullen
J. Michael
R. Murray

This group in my opinion is the closest we've had. I personally am not a big fan of Cullen as he blows far too inconsistent. All 4 men could win this and that's the first time you could say that in this tournament, in my opinion. I'm probably going to contradict myself now on my 2 picks because I'm going to back Cullen in one. I think with Cullen if he turns up, he smashes the group. Much like Woodhouse did in his group. 

I think if you asked me who I think would win this group though, my answer would be Wattimena and I'll also take him to win all 3. I think he wins 2 and then the Cullen match is winner takes all and based on that, and based on the fact I'm greedy, I'll take the treble. Both small stakes. Save for better value groups 

1pt J. Cullen to win all 3 matches 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 or 5-3 10/1 paddypower
3pts J. Wattimena to win all 3 matches 10/3 paddypower

PDC Darts at home tips +27pts

No luck last night then. Must admit, I'm not "after eventing" or nothing but Murray was 20/1 after his narrow 5-4 loss lastnight. 

Group 21 :
R. Cross
D. Van Den Bergh
K. Sedlacek

W. Borland

Rob Cross is the headline act tonight but it's been reported that he's had some sadness in losing his grandfather to Corona and that his Nan has moved in with him and his family also. Not to mention that his wife is pregnant again and you do wonder how much practise he's getting in. Van Den Bergh will a worth opponent tonight and I think he is where the value is. 

2.5pts D. Van Den Bergh to win Group 21 23/10 paddypower 

PDC Darts at home tips +24pts

Blimey, what a weak night of darts that was. Cross somehow wins all 3. Despite being 4-0 down, he wins the last 5-4. Once again, Sedlacek lost the first match and was quoted at 20/1 to win the tournament and then was in a position 4-0 up in the last and only needed one more leg. The in-play here is always worth keeping an eye on,

Group 22 :
I. White
J. Noguera

D. Noppert
J. Wilson

The third of my outright picks are involved tonight and he has been dealt a real harsh group. Ian White is the top seed here and the favourite. He actually won the last Players Championship, prior to the lockdown. He really loves the Players Championship events and is regularly in the latter stages. His form in the last 5 tournaments played has been very good. Quarter-final, Last 32, Last 32, Quarter-final and Winner. Infact, he's won 12 of his last 13 matches. That doesn't mean he will do well at home though, as we've seen with some players.

Noppert is the second favourite and another in decent form. He made the Semi-finals of a Players Championship also not too long ago and he's regularly been in late 90s to 100 averages prior to lockdown. He's beaten Aspinall and MVG already this year. James Wilson has cashed just 2 grand since the Worlds. His last few results have been really poor and his averages are nowhere near the top 2 here. We can put a line through him in my opinion. Noguera has the ability but is another one I'm happy to leave alone.

Noppert beat White in there last h2h, about 6 months ago and it was a deciding leg 10-9 victory. I think it will be a close one that will be decided on the match-up. 

2pts D. Noppert to win all 3 matches 9/2
3pts J. Noguera to beat J. Wilson evens paddypower
1pt Accy - J.Noguera to beat J. Wilson / White -2.5 to beat J.Wilson / Over 7.5 legs Noppert Vs White / Noppert -1.5 legs to beat J. Wilson 14/1 paddypower

PDC Darts at home tips +22pts

Some real poor darts last night. Was like watching a pub match. I ruled out Noguera because I didn't think averages in the mid 80s to late 80s was enough but I guess it was. Luckily with him beating Wilson there was no loss on the night. 

Group 23 :
K. Anderson
D. Larsson
M. Schindler
D. Van Duijvenbode

Moving on to Group 23 and we see that Dirk Van Duijvenbode is the favourite tonight. No real surprise there as he's had a good start to the year. 2 pro tour semi-finals and a Semi-final in a players championship where he beat Durrant. March, pre-corona was really something for him though. He made Semi-finals of the Belgian Championships, beating Ian White, De Zwaan and Nathan Aspinall. A week later, at the UK Open, he made the last 32. 

The second favourite here is Kyle Anderson. Perhaps Kyle would ordinarily be the favourite here but the bookies have reacted to the fact that he's actually HAD the Corona Virus and recovered from it. That alone is enough for me to lay him tonight. How much practise are you going to be doing in that scenario? 

Martin Schindler is the third favourite and perhaps the closest contender to winning the group, to Dirk. Schindler beat Van Der Pas and Pipe in the UK Open and against Pipe he won with a 100+ average. Daniel Larsson is our forth player. He can play, he got to the last 16 of a players championships already and he thrashed Clayton 6-1. His averages are probably going to be mid to late 80s. Early 90s max and so you would say he's unlikely to top the group, but I would say much like Noguera last night, if nobody turns up, he could sneak in.

5pts D. Van Duijvenbode to win Group 23 7/5 
2.5pts D. Van Duijvenbode (-1.5 legs) to beat D. Larsson 4/5 bet365
2.5pts M. Schindler to beat K. Anderson 6/5 bet365
1pt Accy - Larsson to beat Anderson / Schindler to beat Anderson / Schindler to beat Larsson / Van Duijvenbode -1.5 to beat Larsson 14/1 boylesports

PDC Darts at home tips +22pts

It's tempting after yesterday and what's happened so far today to just try and figure out who will double well - so many players have lost because of an inability to finish a leg. Van Duijvenbode just now had so many chances against Larsson. The averages didn't even come into it in the end - Larsson checked out half of his chances and that was the match.

Dirks doubling tonight has been awful. 10pts higher than Larsson in that match. Now he's going to lose 5-1 to Kyle probably as he doesn't care about the result. Very unprofessional. Went 1-0 up and now he's 2-1 down yet Kyle is averaging 77 haha. Shocking darts

Well, atleast Schindler did a job last night to beat Kyle Anderson. 

Group 24 :
K. Ratasjki
T. Alcinas
J. Hughes
D. Labanauskas

Another very competitive group tonight. I would say that any of these 4 could win tonight. Ratajski is the stand-out quality on his day and much like Ian White, he is another that tends to do well on the Players Championship events of a weekend. After a Last 32 spot at the Worlds, he has won a Players Championship and made a Semi-final and Quarter-final of another. There's been only one event this year that he hasn't cashed in and his averages are regularly in the high 90s-100.

Alcinas is a player that can perform on his day. He pushed Ratajski to a deciding leg in a Players Championship back in mid February. He's also beaten the likes of Dobey, Dave Chisnall and another player in this group, Jamie Hughes. The fact that was also a deciding leg shows how close this group could be. Jamie Hughes has made 2 quarter-finals already this year, including the UK Open. He's beaten Labanauskas 6-1, Ryan Searle, and MVG. 

Labanauskas made the Quarter finals of the Worlds. He's also beaten Michael Smith and Rob Cross this year. He has the right temperament for an event like this, if he has been practising.

You can see why Ratajski is a big favourite here, however I think the value is perhaps with Labanauskas. He is a solid type

2pts D. Labanauskas to win Group 24 4/1 sportingbet
2.5pts K. Ratajski to beat T. Alcinas, Most 180s and Highest Checkout 12/5 paddypower
2.5pts J. Hughes to beat T. Alcinas and Most 180s 13/10 paddypower

PDC Darts at home tips +16.5pts

tournament is getting alittle amateur recently. The darts have been horrific at times. The Modus Darts are hitting 100 averages and you these "pros" not even able to hit a double from multiple darts. Tonight's group looks horrible for value :

Group 25 :
K. Brown
R. Thornton
R. Robinson
J. De Sousa

I don't really fancy any to be honest. Sousa hasn't played well since last year, Brown looked poor in his match before and can't have practised much being an NHS care worker. I actually am going to take a punt on Thornton. If he performed to his standard he would beat all of these and based purely on my lack of interest on the others, I'll go "The Thorn" 

2pts R. Thornton to win Group 25 9/2 bet365 

Wow, nobody was stopped De Sousa last night. 

Group 26 :
C. Whitehead
S. Brown
M. De Decker
M. Atkins

We have a few players coming back for another try now. We've seen the likes of these in prior tournaments. We saw White start well last time out, beating De Decker with a decent average but after that his level dropped and he lost the next 3. That puts me off enough to not back him again. Mike De Decker is another one that doesn't interest me tonight. I'm fully on the side of the remaining two players.

I do think it will be between these two. Brown was pretty unlucky with the draw to be fair, having Aspinall on fire that day. I think he can win this one and the odds look very nice on him doing that.

2pts S. Brown to win Group 26 6/1 bet365
2pts M. Atkins to beat M. De Decker 7/4 william hill
1pt M. Atkins to win all 3 11/1 paddypower

The bad luck continues as Brown comes 2nd with the same leg difference because he bottled it against De Decker. Atleast Atkins beat De Decker though.

Group 27 :
S. Beaton
S. Waites
R. Smith
R. Meulenkamp

More returning players here and the top seed, Steve Beaton would have been favourite if he had performed better at his first attempt. He was pretty woeful and I can't imagine him practising too much since so he is an instant dismiss here. Scott Waites did well on his last attempt. He had Chisnall in his group, but he hit 2 mid 90s averages and an 87 in his 2 wins and a loss. He looks the most likely here, IF he has been practising.

Smith started well in beating Ashton in his group, but lost the following 2 with averages in the mid 80s. Meulenkamp looks more likely of these two as his performance was an average in the mid 90s. Helped by a 100 average in his win over Teehan. He was another guy unlucky to not go through thanks to the form of Dobey.

I think it's between Waites and Meulenkamp here and I'm taking the guy with the best odds, in Scottie. 

2pts S. Waites to win Group 27 9/2 bet365
2.5pts R. Meulenkamp to beat R.Smith and get the Most 180s 23/10 paddypower
2pts R. Meulenkamp to win all 3 matches 6/1 paddypower

PDC Darts at home tips +8pts

Waites wins it in style. Wins all 3 matches.

Group 28 :
M. Smith
M. Van Duijvenbode

L. Humphries
A. Boulton

I think Smith probably wins tonight. He didn't qualify the last time he played in this event but all 3 of his averages were still good. 98.38, 98.03 and 96.15 probably wins this group with ease tonight and so I'l take him to win all 3 and I'll throw in an outsider shot at Van Duijvenbode, because his price is far too big. He is a good player.

2pts M.Smith to win all 3 matches 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 or 5-3 6/1 paddypower
1pt M. Van Duijvenbode to win Group 28 12/1 bet365

PDC Darts at home tips +12.5 pts

Following you @Fader on Smith, although with some trepidation. I got turned over by 'Bully Boy' when he lost to Kleermaker. 3-0 up with a break turned into 3-5. Kleermaker played well, but Smith should never have thrown that away.

23 minutes ago, Torque said:

Following you @Fader on Smith, although with some trepidation. I got turned over by 'Bully Boy' when he lost to Kleermaker. 3-0 up with a break turned into 3-5. Kleermaker played well, but Smith should never have thrown that away.

Yeah, and it doesn't help the commentator keeps reminding him. Very unprofessional. 

If Humphries didn't turn up with that kinda form, I think Smith wins that one 5-2 or 5-3. More bad luck.

Group 29 :
D. Noppert
J. Henderson
C. Reyes
R. Meikle

Danny Noppert, one of the outright picks, return. Good for that, but his form wasn't all that and I think based on that I'll give him a swerve. Big Hendo was another that let me down really. Nothing about his performance looked that great. I have to say that the value looks to be with the other 2 and the fact that Cristo hasn't played yet, I'll go with Ryan.He won 2 out of the 3 he played when he was here before and his average over those 3 matches was 90. His last match he averaged just shy of 95. That may be enough tonight

2pts R. Meikle to win Group 29 5/1 william hill

PDC Darts at home tips +9.5 pts

Group 30 :
G. Anderson
D. Van Den Bergh
D. Van Duijvenbode
K. Huybrechts

We will get to see some better class of players tonight but it doesn't mean we'll see great darts ofcourse. I have to wonder how much practise Gary Anderson has been putting in with his back problems. That is enough for me to put a line through him. I also was not impressed atall by the looks of Kim in the last effort.

That leaves us with Van Den Bergh and Van Duijvenbode. I got the wrong one lastnight, but hopefully I get it this time. I'll side with Van Den Bergh. It's very much a doubles game tonight as all can play very well but all have been rubbish on doubles.

2pts D.Van Den Bergh to win Group 30 5/2 betvictor
2pts D. Van Duijvenbode to beat G. Anderson 2/1 bet365

Anderson does it with ease really. I'm surprised by that really but based on the others doubling, i suppose only one was it was going to finish. Van Duijvenbode was shocking at doubling. All 3 were really. Tonight, I'm going simple and backing Price all the way. He got unlucky on Day 2 when he ran into an inspired Woodhouse, hitting 100,110 plus averages and hitting 9 darters and he wont be getting that kind of quality against him tonight.

Group 31 :
G. Price
J. Cullen
B. Brooks
K. Brown

2pts G. Price to win all 3 5-0, 5-1 5-2 or 5-3 7/2 paddypower

sigh, Cullen turns up and hits stupid averages to beat Price. All getting abit random. We have the final group tonight and Peter Wright gets a second chance. I'm not a fan of these second chances atall. I'm sure they could have found more players to enter.

Group 32 :
P. Wright
A. Hunt
K. Ratajski
J. Pipe

I'm not going to be backing Wright. No doubt he'll go and smash it, like Anderson did when I left him alone but Wright was awful in his last attempt. He hid mid range 80 averages in one of his matches. Not for me. Although Hunt is looking like the weakest link tonight, he performed well in his last attempt and gave Clayton a good game. I think somebody is going to hit some decent averages and win this though and I think that's between the remaining two. I'll take Ratajski as I think Pipe can go off the boil in spurts.

2pts K. Ratajski to win Group 32 5/2 betfair
2pts K. Ratajski to beat P.Wright 13/8 betfair

The Last 32 of this get started tonight. Group 1

P. Wright
J. Klaasen
C. Reyes
R. Murray

Wright got through this with a second chance in the last group a week ago. Although he decided to play well against Ratajski, his third and probably first match was not the highest standard to say the least, I think it's worth taking him on tonight and I think the best would be the impressive Cristo Reyes. He looked calm and assured in his group win and it wasn't too long ago where he possibly has left the practice board alone

I'll also take Reyes to beat Klaasen. I thought Klaasen was quite lucky in his win and it was quite a while ago also. Who knows how much practise Jelle has been doing since back then. In their last h2h, Reyes won 6-2.

2pts C. Reyes to win Group 1 11/2 bet365
2.5pts C. Reyes to beat J. Klaasen 4/5 betfair

Reyes beat Klaasen but somehow Klaasen manages to sneak in and win the group by thrashing Peter Wright. Reyes had so many darts to beat Wright but his doubles demons return. Small profit from lastnight. Looking at tonight we have an outright tip in action and I see him going strong again tonight. Durrant looked in real good shape when he won his group and nobody in the group looks to me like bothering him tonight

G. Durrant
M. De Decker
S Bunting
A. Tabern

I'm going to take a boosted offer on Durrant. The 7/2 on offer that basically he wins with a break in each of his three matches looks a good shout at a good price. I'll take a small gamble on that going alittle further with the 22/1 on offer on 6-2 at the worst.

2pts G.Durrant to win all his matches 6-0. 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4 7/2 betfair
1pt G. Durrant to win all his matches 6-0, 6-1, or 6-2 22/1 paddypower

Some bad luck with Reyes last night @Fader Throwing for it against Wright he got down to double 18 with Wright all the way back on more than 200. He should have won and of course if he had then he'd have won the group. His doubling was terrible all night so I suppose you could say he did well to win his other matches with that part of his game so badly off - he'd have whitewashed Murray if he could have hit his doubles with any kind of regularity. I agree about Durrant tonight - he looks so solid and he's the perfect example of how scoring isn't the most important thing. He's not the heaviest scorer but it doesn't matter because he doubles so well.

Edited by Torque

Thanks, Vikki. Gary Anderson is back tonight. Here's the group :

G. Anderson
L. Humphries
J. Lewis
N. Kenny

Anderson, much like Humphries won his group at the second attempt. Andersons averages didn't really impress like Humphries did though. He also beat Anderson in the Premier League and was the first man to win as a contender. I remember betting on Humphries that day also. I'll take Humphries to win tonight. If Anderson turns up then he could take this ofcourse, but we saw enough of Humphries to see his talent once again. I'm also going to take Lewis to beat Anderson. Lewis is interesting tonight but his averages are not upto the standard of what Humphries has shown. I do think he has a chance of winning 1 or two matches though.

2pts L. Humphries to win Group 3 5/2 sportingbet
2pts J. Lewis to beat G. Anderson 5/2 bet365