Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 16th - 18th

Ruh Brest vs FC Minsk

There is hardly any time to breathe today in the Belarus Premier League. After the midday kick-off finishes, we're straight into the 2pm BST start where Ruh Brest host FC Minsk at the Yunost Stadium. These two sides are finely positioned where every win or defeat could contribute to either a move up the table or a drop down it. Will either side take the points here?

Ruh Brest are in 14th place and after an opening weekend victory in the league it's been downhill ever since with three league games without a win. Aleksandr Sednyov will want to avoid his team being sucked into the relegation places. It may be early doors but the potential psychological blow of dropping into the bottom two could be huge. The big issue for Ruh Brest right now is their lack of goal scoring prowess. No goals scored in their last three matches and only 1 league goal scored all season. Unless that changes the wins are going to be tough to come by.

FC Minsk started like a rocket with back-to-back wins that saw the team storm to the top of the league table. Andrey Razin's men have faltered since with two demoralising wins consisting of a 2-0 away loss to Energetik-BGU and a 3-0 loss at home to BATE. Those defeats were perhaps not surprising but the disappointing lack of competitiveness in both is a worry.

Is this a great opportunity for the newly promoted home side to pick up a win? I'm not sure if FC Minsk have got enough right now to take all 3 points but I'm keen to not judge them too much on their last two league games given the opposition. I do think Ruh Brest are proving to be a tougher proposition than many expected and I think the prices being offered prove that the bookies can't call it. I'm going to tentatively back a draw.

Draw @ 3.10 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.23 with 888Sport

38 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Isloch vs Slavia Mozyr

It's early on a lazy Saturday morning so I thought I'd scramble together a preview for the midday kick-off between Isloch and Slavia Mozyr scheduled to take place at the FC Minsk Stadium. Both of these clubs have had satisfactory starts to their season so they'll be determined to add another win to their record in order to keep the early campaign momentum going.

Isloch are in 11th place but it's probably an unfair position given that they share the same number of points as the three teams above them and are only 3 points behind 2nd place. Vitaly Zhukovsky has witnessed his team suffer back-to-back defeats in the league. However, he'll take heart from the fact that his side have won 2 of their 3 home league games this season so far. 5 clean sheets in their last 7 matches in all competitions, including friendlies, has been slightly damaged by conceding 6 goals in their last 2 matches. This is a big chance for the defence to get its house in order once again.

Slavia Mozyr know that a victory here would make people stand up and take notice. Mihail Martinsovich's side are in 5th place and just 3 points off the top spot. The team is now unbeaten in their last 3 league matches and haven't conceded in their last 2 league games. Their last away trip saw an impressive 2-1 victory away to Dinamo Brest. It's still too early to tell if Slavia are just starting well or if the days of 8th place finishes are behind them and they'll take the next step up.

The way Isloch started the season I thought they were looking dark horse shouts for European qualification contention. The defence was tightly-knit, the goals were coming, and they were playing with confidence. Unfortunately, the past two games have been a disaster. Slavia Mozyr know this is an Isloch team ripe for picking apart. Those defensive issues are a red flag for me. How a team can go from being so solid at the back to a calamity in such a short space of time is extremely worrying. I think the value being offered on Slavia winning is a big risk but I fancy taking that risk. I was going to go for a draw but I think my morning tea has got me riled!

Slavia Mozyr to Win @ 3.60 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.10 with Bet365

I've backed Slavia Mozyr too Stevie, victories over Dinamo Brest and BATE suggest they're a decent side. The odds on the away win look a fraction high to me.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Ruh Brest vs FC Minsk

There is hardly any time to breathe today in the Belarus Premier League. After the midday kick-off finishes, we're straight into the 2pm BST start where Ruh Brest host FC Minsk at the Yunost Stadium. These two sides are finely positioned where every win or defeat could contribute to either a move up the table or a drop down it. Will either side take the points here?

Ruh Brest are in 14th place and after an opening weekend victory in the league it's been downhill ever since with three league games without a win. Aleksandr Sednyov will want to avoid his team being sucked into the relegation places. It may be early doors but the potential psychological blow of dropping into the bottom two could be huge. The big issue for Ruh Brest right now is their lack of goal scoring prowess. No goals scored in their last three matches and only 1 league goal scored all season. Unless that changes the wins are going to be tough to come by.

FC Minsk started like a rocket with back-to-back wins that saw the team storm to the top of the league table. Andrey Razin's men have faltered since with two demoralising wins consisting of a 2-0 away loss to Energetik-BGU and a 3-0 loss at home to BATE. Those defeats were perhaps not surprising but the disappointing lack of competitiveness in both is a worry.

Is this a great opportunity for the newly promoted home side to pick up a win? I'm not sure if FC Minsk have got enough right now to take all 3 points but I'm keen to not judge them too much on their last two league games given the opposition. I do think Ruh Brest are proving to be a tougher proposition than many expected and I think the prices being offered prove that the bookies can't call it. I'm going to tentatively back a draw.

Draw @ 3.10 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.23 with 888Sport

I'm leaning towards the home side here Stevie, they look a solid but unspectacular side, having only conceded 2 goals so far this season, they also don't score many but a home game against the leagues leakiest defence, one goal could be enough for the 3 points. Basil's having a lie in this morning so this is all my own thoughts, poor thing's worn out with having me in the house all the time..

Bets today so far

Mozyr @3.60 - 1 pt.

Rukh Brest @ 2.70 - 1pt.

I'll see how these go then decide what to do with the later games.

Edited by allyhibs

Yesterday's minor battering has knocked my confidence and enthusiasm to an extent and, in the face of another ref with an upward trend over his last 10 games, I'm going to swerve the cards markets on the opening game (sell price is 60). No doubt cue a calm affair with no cards shown!

For interest I've sold the time of 2nd away goal at 82 and bought penalty goal minutes at 15 (as there seems to be quite a few spot kicks in these games).

Away win is 3/1 with 365 who were kindly willing to allow me to have 83p on if I was so inclined! :wall

Vitebsk vs Dinamo Brest

In the third game of today's busy action in the Belarus Premier League we have Vitebsk versus Dinamo Brest in a 4pm BST kick-off at the Vitebsky Central Sports Complex. These two teams have experienced near identical starts to the season with both of them currently on 7 points from their 4 league games. Who will have the edge in what is surely going to be a closely contested game?

Vitebsk are in 7th place heading into this game and only 3 points off the pace of the league leaders FC Slutsk. A lack of consistency has been their enemy so far this season with 2 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss. It's not a bad return when you consider that Sergey Yasinsky's side have played 3 of their 4 league matches on the road. This home game is a big opportunity to improve on this encouraging start to the season as the club looks to build on last season's 13th placed finish.

Dinamo Brest come into this game just one place ahead of their opponents in 6th and are only ahead in the league table on goal difference. Syarhey Kavalchuk's team have also endured inconsistency in their results up to this point. The main difference being that 3 of their 4 league matches have been at home. There is also the small issue of the cup run that has left the club on the brink of reaching the final after their 2-0 win over Shakhtyor Soligorsk at home in the semi-final first leg. The cup win made it back-to-back wins and 3 wins from their last 4 games in all competitions.

I am a bit surprised to see Dinamo Brest to heavily backed as the away side but it does appear they are finding a bit of form. The reigning champions haven't reached their potential yet this season and it does feel like Vitebsk are punching above their station right now. I would have felt more comfortable if Dinamo Brest were slightly closer to Evens but I'll take a punt on the price being offered. A classic 1-0 win from the visitors perhaps?

Dinamo Brest to Win @ 1.73 with Gentingbet

BTTS No @ 1.67 with BetVictor

BATE Borisov vs Torpedo Zhodino

The last scheduled game for today and undoubtedly the biggest is the 6pm BST clash between BATE Borisov and Torpedo Zhodino at the Borisov Arena. The home team are yet to show their full potential this season but you get the feeling they're moving up through the gears now. How will an away side that have started the season reasonably well deal with this latest challenge?

BATE Borisov remain one of the big names from Belarus football thanks to their recent exploits in European competition. Kirill Alshevsky's side are yet to really get going this season. It was a poor start to their campaign with back-to-back defeats and a 1-0 loss away to Slavia Mozyr in the cup semi-final first leg. However, it's now back-to-back wins in the league after victories over Ruh Brest and FC Minsk. The 3-0 demolition of FC Minsk away from home was particularly impressive and showed what this BATE side is capable of on their day.

Torpedo Zhodino had led the table earlier in the season after back-to-back wins to begin their campaign. Yuri Puntus then saw his side lose 2-0 away to Dinamo Minsk. Fortunately for them, the team bounced back with a stunning 2-0 win over rivals Energetik-BGU. That's cast all kinds of doubt on how I was going to bet on this game when I was vaguely looking ahead to it before last weekend's matches. 

I'm going to take a leap of faith here and put my money behind BATE. I'm still not sure their last game was a true indication of their form right now. I still feel they are a little laborious and last week might have papered over some cracks. Still, they'll be buzzing after that win and they'll fully believe they can notch up another 3 points here. Torpedo Zhodino won't give it up easily though so I can see a tight 1-0 home win possibly.

BATE Borisov to Win to Nil @ 2.38 with SpreadEx

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 2.45 with SpreadEx

4 minutes ago, 888888 said:

anyone please has a working link to watch? 

the 3 links i usually use suddenly all dont work

All the bookies I've been betting with seem to be showing it though not sure if you need to have an account and have had a bet on the game. Personally I draw the line at betting on it but haven't watched a minute of action so far!

I was just going to leave the BATE game after Din. Brest losing, keep my small profit for the day, but I'm watching the game just now, 0-0 at half time. It's only a matter of time till BATE score, I've put 2 pts on BATE in play @ 2.00.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

All the bookies I've been betting with seem to be showing it though not sure if you need to have an account and have had a bet on the game. Personally I draw the line at betting on it but haven't watched a minute of action so far!

1 hour ago, 888888 said:

thanks, you can watch a few minutes here and there but the whole games its kind of boring.

I'm watching pretty much all of it. I know the standard isn't great but it's football, I'm a football fan. I'm an ex player though so I can watch any level, I can get engrossed in a game between 2 pub teams down the public park. There's not exactly an awful lot else to do at the moment.

I don't suppose anyone can shed any light on the bookings in yesterday's game between Rukh Brest and FC Minsk? I had it as 6 yellows so I just got away with my bet on 4-6 cards. It was settled as a winner yesterday by Hills but has been amended to a loser. Both spread firms still show it as being 6 yellows but Soccerway and World Football both have 7 yellow cards. The issue seems to be whether Minsk got 2 yellows in the 2nd half or just the one. I'll leave it till tomorrow before I query it in case the spread firms amend their results pages to agree with other sources, but thought I'd ask in case anyone can clarify.

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2020/04/18/belarus/premier-league/ruh-brest/fc-minsk/3233156/

Overall, it was a good decision to stop selling bookings. Only 2 games went under the spread and you'd have lost 41 or 51 points (depending on whether there were 60 or 70 points in the above game). I'm beginning to think that the wider stats I've collected aren't entirely relevant to this season as there does seem to be a definite upward trend for whatever reason. I'll take a closer look before next weekend's games.

@harry_rag

Flashscore has the game tagged as follows -

16 mins - Yellow Card - FC Minsk (Shramchenko A.)

34 " - Yellow Card - Rukh Brest (Andronic G.)

48 " - Yellow Card - FC Minsk (Gribovski R.)

69" - Yellow Card - Rukh Brest (Tikhonovskiy S.)

70" - Yellow Card - Rukh Brest (Sedko P.)

76" - Yellow Card - Rukh Brest (Nechaev A.)

82" - Yellow Card - FC Minsk (Prishchepa D.)

So according to them there were 7 yellows, 2 of which were in the second half for Minsk.

Thanks @Torque looks like all of the main results sites agree my bet lost so can only assume there was a yellow that was missed at the time. In that case, I'd expect the spread firms to update their results pages (they'll have seen more buyers than sellers). Don't think I'll query it unless the spread firms leave it at 6 yellows.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.