Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

Premier League Predictions > Apr 10th - 13th

belarusratings.jpg

Check out the latest odds and (oh yes!) ratings for the Belarus Premier League. We'll start to get into a bit of a stride with results and form now so hopefully we can make more accurate calls. Anyone else finding themselves loving this league already? :loon

Neman Grodno vs Belshina

The fourth round of the Belarus Premier League kicks off later today at 5pm BST when Neman Grodno and Belshina face-off at the Neman Stadium. It's still early days in this league campaign but we'll start seeing trends set in when it comes to the form book. The home side will be looking to build on a solid start against a travelling team that are rock bottom of the table.

Neman Grodno are in 8th place having won 1, drawn 1, and lost 1 so far. Manager Ihar Kavalyevich will be keen to see his team improve those figures with a win here. This game could be a turning point. The club is unbeaten in its last two league games and has kept two clean sheets by doing so. However, on the flip side, the team has also failed to score in 2 of their first 3 league games. The 2-0 win against Vitebsk in their only home league game so far shows that they're a team that have the potential to turn their home ground into a fortress.

Belshina sit at the foot of the league table having lost all 3 of their league games so far. The fact that two of those defeats have come at home is a huge concern for Eduard Hradaboyew. The only away league game saw the club lose a tight contest 1-0 versus Torpedo BelAZ so there's signs that they could be a tricky side to grind down for the home side. Ultimately, the ruthless fact is that they've not picked up a point yet and the longer that wait goes on the more it might become a pressure issue for the players.

I think there is still a level of unpredictability remaining in this season. Only a few games in makes it hard to make a judgement call on certain matches. I think the odds being offered on a home win are just enough to make it tempting. The price has improved since the initial post went out and some bookies are even pushing close to Evens. I just think that because Belshina are newly promoted and they're away here it'll still be a tough game for them to pick up their first point.

Neman Grodno to Win @ 1.97 with VBet

BTTS No @ 1.60 with BetVictor

I have watched quite a few of those games lately, one thing is sure is that there is not much difference of level between the teams as they are all quite bad, the typical thing a guy trying to take a shot from distance and the ball finishing near the corner flag rather than the net LOL.

Belshina the away team won the 2nd league last year with huge goal differential 74-22 so they cant be that bad (even if obviously 2nd league level must be really bad like amateur level) however the home team is no top team neither last year in first league finishing 9th of 16 with goals 28-37 , so i'll risk the away team DNB for small stakes @3 for the excitement, also the away team has scored only 1 goal in 3 games hahaha so i guess they are bound to score some time.

Think I'll keep it simple this week and try and find a bet on low bookings in each game, swerving it if nothing appeals. My stats suggest the average cards make up is lower than the bookies prices imply, possibly because they're assuming that it will mostly be casual (muggy?) "bet high" punters betting on these games.

Neman Grodno v Belshina: Sell bookings at 51 with SPIN and back <50 points at 5/4 with Paddy or Sky Bet.

My sample of 266 games has an average total of 44.3 points and 59.25% of games seeing <50 points. For today's ref, those numbers are 38.33 points and 66.67% (based on his last 21 games in this competition). 

I'll try and stick to that brief for this round of fixtures and see how it pans out. Last week saw a higher than average total and going low would have been a losing strategy.

FC Slutsk vs Vitebsk

The Belarus Premier League action continues today with the games starting at midday BST when FC Slutsk play Vitebsk at the City Stadium. These two sides have both won 2 and lost 1 of their first 3 league games so they're at the right end of the table. Will either of them make it 3 wins from 4 or will they end up cancelling each other out in this intriguing affair?

FC Slutsk sit proudly in 2nd place in the league table. Only league leaders Energetik-BGU have enjoyed a better start to their campaign. Vital Pawlaw saw his team open their season account with a solid 3-1 win over Slavia Mozyr but then witnessed his side suffer a disappointing 1-0 loss at home to Dinamo Brest. The club bounced back to winning ways with a dramatic 3-2 win away to Isloch last week. That game showed the resolve of this FC Slutsk team with them coming back from 2-1 down to snatch the win.

Vitebsk head into this match in 7th place but equal on points with their opponents. Syarhey Yasinsky's men opened their season with a narrow 1-0 win at home to Gorodeya but then suffered an underwhelming 2-0 loss away to Neman Grodno. The team did hit back in their last game by producing another clean sheet in a 1-0 victory away to bottom-placed side Smolevichi. A third away game in a row might prove to be too testing for this inconsistent team.

One way or another, we'll find out a lot more about both of these sides after this game. They've already proven they know how to fight back after heavy blows but this game could show us how worthy they are to be considered as potential title challengers. Again, I emphasise, these are early days but we can always pick up clues. FC Slutsk have had no problems scoring but questions remain about the resilience of their defence. Vitebsk are the opposite where two clean sheets in their opening three league matches shows a strong back-line but they need more from their attacking options. I am fancying a couple of higher risk bets for this one.

FC Slutsk to Win @ 2.25 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.63 with Paddy Power

Torpedo Zhodino vs Energetik-BGU

Apologies for the delay in this second preview coming out. I was taken away by a medical emergency in the family. All OK but just meant queuing at the pharmacist for a bit longer than anticipated! Anyway, the second match up today is the 2pm BST kick-off between two of the higher-placed sides in the Belarus Premier League when Torpedo Zhodino host Energetik-BGU at the Torpedo Stadium.

Torpedo Zhodino started the season in ruthless form with back-to-back wins against Shakhtyor Soligorsk and Belshina. Both games brought a clean sheet and it was a clinical opening couple of matches. Unfortunately, the questions hanging over Yury Puntus' attacking capabilities intensified after the 2-0 loss away to Dinamo Minsk in their last league game. The team remains in 6th place and a win here would put them back on level points with top of the table.

Energetik-BGU are that very side that are top of the table right now. Uladzimir Byalyawski's side have won all three of their league matches so far this season. 6 goals have been scored and only 1 goal conceded showing that this side have been performing at both ends of the pitch. The most impressive fact is that these opening games haven't been easy. The 3-1 win at home to BATE in their opening game was a huge statement. That was followed by a hard-fought 1-0 win away to Ruh Brest. The 2-0 victory at home over FC Minsk was another superb result given their opponents were occupying top spot.

Yes, it's only three matches but the early form shown by Energetik-BGU is eye-catching. The away victory was tight so it's not shown us too much about how effective their set-up is on the road over a longer period but this is a team that is flying right now. Torpedo Zhodino have started positively but the defeat last week exposed some weaknesses. I am expecting a reaction at home though so backing the draw seems like the best value.

Draw @ 3.50 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 1.89 with 888Sport

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

FC Slutsk vs Vitebsk

The Belarus Premier League action continues today with the games starting at midday BST when FC Slutsk play Vitebsk at the City Stadium. These two sides have both won 2 and lost 1 of their first 3 league games so they're at the right end of the table. Will either of them make it 3 wins from 4 or will they end up cancelling each other out in this intriguing affair?

FC Slutsk sit proudly in 2nd place in the league table. Only league leaders Energetik-BGU have enjoyed a better start to their campaign. Vital Pawlaw saw his team open their season account with a solid 3-1 win over Slavia Mozyr but then witnessed his side suffer a disappointing 1-0 loss at home to Dinamo Brest. The club bounced back to winning ways with a dramatic 3-2 win away to Isloch last week. That game showed the resolve of this FC Slutsk team with them coming back from 2-1 down to snatch the win.

Vitebsk head into this match in 7th place but equal on points with their opponents. Syarhey Yasinsky's men opened their season with a narrow 1-0 win at home to Gorodeya but then suffered an underwhelming 2-0 loss away to Neman Grodno. The team did hit back in their last game by producing another clean sheet in a 1-0 victory away to bottom-placed side Smolevichi. A third away game in a row might prove to be too testing for this inconsistent team.

One way or another, we'll find out a lot more about both of these sides after this game. They've already proven they know how to fight back after heavy blows but this game could show us how worthy they are to be considered as potential title challengers. Again, I emphasise, these are early days but we can always pick up clues. FC Slutsk have had no problems scoring but questions remain about the resilience of their defence. Vitebsk are the opposite where two clean sheets in their opening three league matches shows a strong back-line but they need more from their attacking options. I am fancying a couple of higher risk bets for this one.

FC Slutsk to Win @ 2.25 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.63 with Paddy Power

Well this is weird isn't it? I never thought I would see the day when I'm betting on football from Belarus!!

I'm going to follow you here Stevie and back the home win. I've been watching a fair bit of these games the last couple of weeks and Slutsk have impressed me at times, especially their attacking play. They've got a very decent attacking midfielder where everything goes through, sorry don't know the name. The odds for the home win look decent enough for me to have my first ever bet on this league.

Slutsk win @ 2.25 - 1 pt.

Gorodeya vs Dinamo Minsk

Firstly, what a pleasure it is to see some more familiar names getting involved in this section in the form of @harry_rag and @allyhibs. Your involvement will only enrich these Belarus betting! Now, let's crack on with the busy business of Belarus football with the 4pm BST kick-off between Gorodeya and Dinamo Minsk that is scheduled to take place at the Gorodeya Stadium later today.

Gorodeya have gotten off to a laboured start this season with just 1 win from their first 3 league games. Aleh Radushka's side are in 14th place. Back-to-back defeats against Vitebsk and Shakhtyor Soligorsk without a single goal being scored set a disconcerting tone. However, the narrow 1-0 win over Belshina last week spawned some optimism amongst the fans. A home game now against opponents that haven't exactly been consistent so far offers an opportunity to continue this recovery.

Dinamo Minsk find themselves in 13th place having only managed 1 win from their opening 3 league matches this season. Only goal difference has them above them opponents coming into this game. It's a disappointing start for Syarhey Hurenka's men who finished in the top four last season. Lacklustre defeats to Ruh Brest and local rivals FC Minsk opened their season but the 2-0 win at home to Torpedo Zhodino last week was cause for quiet positivity.

This is a tricky one. I think if Dinamo Minsk were at home then I'd be backing them to get the win and continue their bounce back to form. Unfortunately, from what I've seen so far they've not shown me anything that suggests their away form could produce a win. Gorodeya being just as uncertain is the thing that makes me feel taking the risk and backing an away win is worth it. Due to Dinamo Minsk feeling like a team that have more to offer, I'm going to back them here but I hope they don't let me down!

Dinamo Minsk to Win @ 2.00 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.57 with William Hill

After there initially being an 8 point arb, bookings are now 58 to buy and sell in the second game (at Torpedo Zhodino).

My bets are sell bookings at 58 with SX and back <50 points at 7/4 Sky Bet and <60 at 10/11 same firm or PP. Also 4-6 cards shown at 21/20 Hills.

Ref Shimusik averages 45 points across my sample of 21 games, 11 landing in the 4-6 bracket, 15 going <60 points and 12 <50.

18 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

Not sure I'll enrich anything @StevieDay1983, lol. I'm just getting involved to ease the boredom whilst I slowly go insane, stuck inside all day with nothing but a cat for company.

Hahaha, I'll trade you your cat for my two kids and a hamster... Punters Lounge slowly turning into a child and animal trafficking forum. Surprised it's taken this long for that transition to happen! :lol

For the last game of the day (Gorodeya v D. Minsk) I'll continue the theme and go with a sell of bookings at 58 with SX and backing under 50 points at 6/4 with Sky bet.

Ref Stesurin went <50 in 10 out of my 21 game sample and landed on 50 in another 4. After a 0 make up, his last 3 games have seen 60, 70 and 95. So, obviously due a low one! :eyes

FC Minsk vs BATE Borisov

It's a big one to kick off proceedings in the Belarus Premier League today with FC Minsk hosting BATE Borisov in a 1pm BST start at the FC Minsk Stadium. It was a rough opening day for us with a few surprise results coming in. A few lessons learned though and let's hope we can have a better day of results with the three league matches that are coming up.

FC Minsk had started the season very well with back-to-back wins against Belshina and Dinamo Minsk. However, a 2-0 loss away to Energetik-BGU last week has left us with some questions about how genuinely we should consider this squad as potential title challengers. There's no doubt their attacking power is there so maybe last week was a one-off. Manager Andrey Razin will want to see a reaction from his side and this is a great opportunity to do that back in front of their home fans.

BATE Borisov have endured a slow start to their campaign. Losing their first two league games wasn't the best start but the 1-0 win at home to Ruh Brest showed signs of promise last weekend. Unfortunately, a midweek defeat in the cup against Slavia Mozyr away showed that problems do still remain. It's this form away from home that is a concern. The last three away games in all competitions have ended in defeat.

It's still tricky to work out how teams are positioned for this season. I feel both of these sides should be going toe-to-toe in a game like this but FC Minsk suffered that loss last week that has cast doubts on their ability and BATE Borisov just aren't fulfilling their potential right now. I want to back a draw but I think the home win is being very tempting at the price offered. I'm going to go for the draw but I'm not confident in calling this one at all.

Draw @ 3.50 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 1.91 with SportNation

Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor Soligorsk

The second game in the Belarus Premier League today comes at 3pm BST when Smolevichi play Shakhtyor Soligorsk at the Ozyorny Stadium. Neither team has experienced the best of starts to their league campaigns so far. A win will go a long way to getting them back on a positive footing but a defeat could also prove detrimental to their early season progress.

Smolevichi are in 15th place after one draw and two defeats. The lack of goals has been the biggest concern for Alyaksandr Brazevich's side. Just 1 goal scored in their first 3 league matches. The 1-0 loss at home to Vitebsk last weekend showed that their troubles are not just restricted to their away form either. The club is currently wallowing in the relegation spots and only a win will potentially move them out of the bottom two. Pressure already building on this side.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk come into this game as the firm favourites but that's probably more because the hosts are so bad rather than the away side being quality. Manager Yuriy Vernydub has seen his team lack consistency. An opening day defeat to Torpedo Zhodino doesn't look so bad given Torpedo's results since. The 2-0 win over Gorodeya away shows they can do the business on the road. However, the 0-0 draw at home to Neman Grodno was a missed opportunity. It was also disconcerting to see them fold so easily in the 2-0 cup defeat to Dinamo Brest in midweek.

I think the sensible option is to back the away win here simply because Smolevichi look to ordinary. Shakhtyor Soligorsk look far from title material but they've displayed performance levels that make me feel where they are now is about where I can see them finishing this season. They're a mid-table side that won't tear up any trees but they should get through games like this. Two low risk bets but there's not too much value going on here.

Shakhtyor Soligorsk to Win @ 1.67 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.60 with Sportingbet

Dinamo Brest vs Isloch

The third and final match from today's games in Belarus comes from the OSK Brestskiy for this 5pm BST kick-off when Dinamo Brest play Isloch. Both teams have had solid starts to their campaigns in their own rights. At face value, not a lot separates these two sides so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out with the opportunity to move on up the table available for both clubs.

Dinamo Brest sit in 11th place right now with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 loss from their 3 league matches this season. Syarhey Kavalchuk's side are also enjoying a cup run that saw them take a 2-0 lead into their semi-final second leg match with Shakhtyor Soligorsk during midweek. Winning the cup this season would make it 3 domestic trophy wins from the last 4 seasons. Will that cup situation be a distraction?

Isloch will be pleased with the way their season has started. Vital Zhukowski's team are currently in 6th place but could move joint top with a win here. Two back-to-back wins at home with clean sheets in both games was a great start. The 3-2 loss at home to FC Slutsk last weekend has thrown a spanner in the works. This is the club's first away league game this season so it's an unknown quantity as to how they'll play on the road. Particularly after the dramatic loss last week that saw them surrender a 2-1 lead.

This is another match that has a huge element of unpredictability to it. Both sides have shown potential to be decent performers this season but there have also been the odd warning signals too. Dinamo Brest will certainly have one eye on that cup match coming up. Isloch face their first away test. I think I'm slightly leaning towards a home win though. This will be Isloch's toughest test yet and I'm not confident they'll have enough to take any points from this game.

Dinamo Brest to Win @ 1.80 with Bet365

BTTS No @ 1.87 with BetVictor

Ended up in profit yesterday after an in play BTTS bet in the Slutsk game 5 minutes into the second half with the score 0-1, then put the profit, in my drunken state, on Managua in the late night game in Nicaragua. Compulsive I know but sometimes these things come off, finished 2 pts up.

I think I'll take a chance on BATE finding some form today, the countries most successful club, and richest, inevitably will start winning, why not today?

BATE @ 2.10 - 1 pt.

Second game of the day is Smolevichi v Shakhter Soligorsk.

I'll be selling bookings again but waiting to nearer kick off to see if I can get a higher price than the current 53.

I've backed the following with Sky Bet (who will only let me stake to win a tenner) <40 at 7/2, <50 at 15/8 and <60 at evens with the silly quid on no cards at 100/1. I've also backed away team most cards at 2/1 888.

I only have 11 games for ref Chistov, averaging 40 points. 6 have gone <40 points and 8 <50 and 60. There are no zeroes but a couple of 10s and 20s so I think 100/1 is too big for a cardless encounter. 2/1 looks a bit big for away team most cards given the spreads don't make the home team massive favourites in that market.

Onto the 3rd game now.

29 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Second game of the day is Smolevichi v Shakhter Soligorsk.

I'll be selling bookings again but waiting to nearer kick off to see if I can get a higher price than the current 53.

I've backed the following with Sky Bet (who will only let me stake to win a tenner) <40 at 7/2, <50 at 15/8 and <60 at evens with the silly quid on no cards at 100/1.

3rd game is Dinamo Brest v FK Isloch and the above applies to this game as well (Sky Bet's prices being the same as the previous game).

I've added 5/1 for a tie in the most bookings market in this and the previous game, simply because I think that's too high for anything other than an unusually one-sided contest. I've also doubled the 1st card coming after 23 minutes in both of these games, 5/6 each with PP (again to curtailed stakes).

Ref Kulbakov has the most lenient stats for any ref I've got a double digit sample for. Out of 21 games I have only 2 not going <60 (a 60 and a 75). 17 were <50 and 13 <40. Looking a bit further back I saw 5 out of 69 top flight games where he kept his cards in his pocket.

Good start.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of high scoring games in this league, think i'll try a wee double for the next 2 games, Smolevichi v Soligorsk and Dyn. Brest v Isloch.

Under 2.5 goals Double @ 2.50 - 0.5 pts.

1 hour ago, allyhibs said:

Tough day again @StevieDay1983

Another in play bet saved the day again for me, at half time, my cat told me to back Din Brest to win as a saver. Up 3 pts for the weekend now, not bad at all considering the circumstances. I've just put 1 pt on Walter Ferreti tonight in Nicaragua, just because I love the name. Why not eh? Crazy times.

Do us all a favour and get your cat signed up mate! Belarus is driving me spare!

Slavia Mozyr vs Ruh Brest

A mixed bag of results yesterday brought frustration but it was also a huge learning curve. BATE Borisov are back, FC Minsk might have flattered to deceive, and Dinamo Brest could be a team to trust at home. The solitary game today to conclude this weekend's matches in the Belarus Premier League is a 3:30pm BST kick-off between Slavia Mozyr and Ruh Brest at the Yunost Stadium.

Slavia Mozyr have the potential to move joint top of the league table with a win here. Manager Mihail Martsinovich has seen his team lose their opening league game 3-1 away to FC Slutsk before going on a run of three straight wins in all competitions. A 2-1 win at home to BATE Borisov was followed by another 2-1 victory this time away to Dinamo Brest. A midweek 1-0 win over BATE in the cup lengthened the winning streak. These have been wins against solid teams so this Slavia Mozyr side shouldn't be under-estimated.

Ruh Brest aren't quite experiencing the positive vibes of their opponents. Alyaksandr Syadnyow's men are in 13th place after 1 win and 2 defeats from their 3 league matches. An opening day 1-0 win over Dinamo Minsk got them off to a flyer but this victory was followed by two losses to Energetik-BGU and BATE. Both matches did end in a 1-0 score-line and both sides were tricky opposition so the jury is still out on where this Ruh Brest side should be aiming to compete this season. One thing that is clear is that the issue early on is an impotency in the final third.

The home side are slightly favoured by the bookies and I have to agree with their reasoning. Slavia Mozyr look decent so far but they're up against a Ruh Brest side that won't be easy to beat. I'm wary that the home side could find it difficult to break down the visiting team but I think Slavia Mozyr could have enough to get all 3 points. Ruh Brest will certainly be a tough match for anyone based on their performances so far but I think they could fall just short on the road here.

Slavia Mozyr to Win @ 2.08 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.95 with Unibet

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.