** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Virtual Grand National - ITV Saturday 5pm

These virtual National's have been fairly accurate over the years and you would have to think that Tiger Roll would go very close in this years event.
The computer technology takes into account course form, jumping ability, current form as well as the weights etc... This makes the two-time winner a certainty to make the frame at least.

There has been talk of some bookies especially the sponsors Betfred actually taking bets on it, i'm guessing they will make Tiger Roll a 3/1 - 7/2 favourite to put people off backing him each way.

In the race of champions Red Rum will be the hot favourite and has been priced up in a match with Tiger Roll
Red Rum 1/2 , Tiger Roll 6/4

Any thoughts??

Timeform

ITV Racing will aim to fill the void left after the cancellation of the Grand National with a computer-simulated running of the race.

The Virtual Grand National will broadcast live at 5pm on Saturday, the day the race was scheduled to be run.

Using the latest CGI technology, the TV special will feature the 40 horses and riders who were most likely to run in the Aintree spectacular. It hopes to answer the key question in racing - could Tiger Roll have won the 2020 race and entered the history books as a three-times back-to-back winner?

Executive producer Rob McLoughlin said: "It's very sad not to have the real race, but Inspired's virtual race is fascinating and fun and has proven since 2017 to be incredibly accurate.

"It is brave to preview the most unpredictable race of all, but also great fun.

"In these difficult times we want the public to simply enjoy the race that sadly never was and think about what might have been."

There will also be a race of champions, featuring dual winners Red Rum and Tiger Roll.

"It is the dream race, the one everyone will want to see, the legend and the competitor head-to-head and it can only happen as part of this ITV special," said Richard Pitman, who went agonisingly close to winning the National on Crisp in 1973 when caught close home by Red Rum.

"Both (Red Rum and Tiger Roll) were trained for the Flat, both are small and both have found a natural home over the Aintree jumps, so to see them compete with 38 other famous legends over the real course and famous fences will be magnificent."

Pitman joins Nick Luck and guests for The Virtual Grand National TV special, with the animation created by Inspired Entertainment.

"In 2017, Cause Of Causes won the Virtual Grand National and came a close second in the real race hours later," said Steve Rogers, chief commercial officer for Virtual Sports at Inspired.

"The 2018 result was breathtaking as Tiger Roll won both in almost identical circumstances and the computer chose three of the top five finishers, including Tiger Roll, in 2019.

"My team have been working round the clock to make this year even more realistic than ever, and we can't wait to screen the Red Rum versus Tiger Roll match. It's terrific TV."

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don't think I've ever watched a virtual horse race .......... should be interesting !

I'm expecting a cartoon but maybe that's just me being way behind on technology ..... ?

Its pretty good Trotter from what i can remember from last year

Saturday 4th April 2020

Tiger Roll5

Any Second Now10

Burrows Saint12

Definitly Red14

Kimberlite Candy16

Walk In The Mill16

Magic Of Light18

Potters Corner18

Anibale Fly20

Bristol De Mai20

Elegant Escape20

Alpha Des Obeaux25

Ballyoptic25

Ok Corral25

Talkischeap25

Pleasant Company28

Yala Enki28

Acapella Bourgeois33

Beware The Bear33

Sub Lieutenant33

Vintage Clouds33

Jury Duty40

The Storyteller40

Total Recall40

Top Ville Benin45

Death Duty50

Dounikos50

Jett50

Kildisart50

Lake View Lad50

Aso66

Crievehill66

Peregrine Run66

Ramses De Teillee66

Saint Xavier66

Shattered Love66

Valtor66

Tout Est Permis80

Warriors Tale80

Double Shuffle100

Horses & Betting

Well ...this is an interesting situation ....a virtual grand national pitted against what is in theory the same thing happening in my computer so this will be fun to see what happens lol .......first pass the computer has narrowed to 10 horses ....I'll edit as it updates over next couple hours 

5 anibale fly
10 alpha des obeax
15 yale enki
16 ballyoptic
18 definitely red
22 vintage clouds
23 crievehill
27acapella borgois
29 any second now
35 valtor

2nd pass lose vintage clouds and a capella

Final pass left 3 horses 

Anibale fly
Yala enki
Alpha des obeaux

For the 4th place ....any second now is showing 4th 

Cant narrow anymore but I'd grade them in the order above as they are ......now let's see what the supercomputer makes of it compared to my tiny one  lol

Edited by richard-westwood

I'm convinced Tiger Roll will be placed, the price of 5/1 at a 1/5 odds just stinks, its a good move by the bookies to generate turnover and just give the money back to the customers to bet on something else.

So who will mug him on the run-in??

My top 4

1 Potters Corner

2 Tiger Roll

3 Any Second Now

4 Walk In The Mill

:ok

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

I'm convinced Tiger Roll will be placed, the price of 5/1 at a 1/5 odds just stinks, its a good move by the bookies to generate turnover and just give the money back to the customers to bet on something else.

My top 4

1 Potters Corner

2 Tiger Roll

3 Any Second Now

4 Walk In The Mill

The computer set the odds not the bookies

2 hours ago, Darran said:

The computer set the odds not the bookies

Yes, And they just happen to be about the same as they were ante-post.

I don't think they should have included Peregrine Run, who is not actually qualified to run in the race.

Should be fun, lots of finishers i'm presuming too.

20 hours ago, Darran said:

Given tiger roll didn’t win the virtual national last year it’s hard to think they will give it to him this year.

Agree with you, Tiger Roll now has more weight than last years race and now has top weight to carry here. I was looking for something like a Rathvinden or Cause of Causes who both won the 4 miler a cheltenham and performed well in this virtual race, but i don't see anything along those lines this year. So think i will just have a stab at 2 horses who started fav for their 4 miler at cheltenham but failed to finish, Jury Duty(40/1) and Ok Corral(25/1).

Jury Duty was 3rd in this race last year, travelled wide most the way and is now 8lb better off with Tiger Roll, so 40/1 looks good price for this virtual race although could never of backed it for the real national itself.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:50 AM, BillyHills said:

My top 4

1 Potters Corner WON

2 Tiger Roll 4th

3 Any Second Now 3rd

4 Walk In The Mill 2nd

OMG first 4 in a fashion?

3 hours ago, kroni said:

7 horses Refused, when only 2 have Refused in the real race since 2010 is very unrealistic, but i would say that as both mine Refused:\

Another strange one was in the Champions Race 

All those hoses had won a Grand National so obviously they'd all jumped round in a decent time

Yet the computer decided that one of them would Fall at the first fence ........... I wonder what that was based on ?

and if they just decided to have a horse fall at the first how did they decide which one it would be ..... random pick ?

Could it have just thrown up Red Rum's nmber as a 1 in 40 chance ?