Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

Premier League Predictions > Apr 3rd - 5th

belarusleague.jpg

The next round of matches in the Belarus Premier League are up this coming weekend as the country's president Alexander Lukashenko claimed that vodka and saunas would save the nation from coronavirus. Surprised he didn't throw hookers and cocaine into the mix but there we go! Take a look at the odds and give us any bets you're looking to place. :ok

Belshina Bobruisk vs FK Gorodeya

The first of this week's Belarus Premier League matches takes place later this afternoon at 3pm BST when Belshina Bobruisk play FK Gorodeya at the Spartak Stadium in Bobruisk. It's a clash between the bottom two. It might not have a relegation six pointer feel to it after just two league games but defeat for either side is something they will both want to avoid.

Belshina Bobruisk are in 15th place having lost their opening two league matches of the campaign. Manager Eduard Gradoboyev knows his side face an uphill challenge this season as the division's new boys but they'll be desperate to get their first points on the board to relieve some of that pressure. The 1-0 loss away to Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino last week showed encouraging signs that they might be able to grind out results after the disappointing 3-1 loss at home to FC Minsk. Still, the lack of attacking threat posed so far remains a concern.

FK Gorodeya sit bottom of the Belarus top flight having also lost both of their league games so far. An inferior goal difference to their opponents today leaves them in 16th position and head coach Oleg Radushko will want to avoid a third straight defeat to start this league season with last season's mid-table finish feeling like a world away right now. The club's 1-0 loss away to 10-man Vitebsk felt like a missed opportunity but the 2-0 defeat at home to Shakhtyor Soligorsk was a dose of reality about how much work needs to be done.

Neither of these two sides will be filled with confidence of taking all 3 points here but you can understand how both sides will be optimistic that they can perhaps snatch a win. Belshina will try to eradicate the FC Minsk loss from their minds given FC Minsk's fine start to the season but FK Gorodeya will also feel these are games they should be winning if they're to climb the table. I just think a draw seems the best option and I'm not entirely sure either team will be against getting off the mark with a point.

Draw @ 3.19 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Over 1.5 @ 1.60 with VBet

Dinamo Minsk vs Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino

The second game taking place in the Belarus Premier League today is the 5pm BST kick-off between the slow-starting Dinamo Minsk and early pace-setting Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino at the Dinamo Stadium in Minsk. These two clubs have experienced contrasting starts to the season but will be hoping they can get a win in this hotly-anticipated clash in the Belarus top division.

Dinamo Minsk are a club with a fine tradition and history in Belarus football but this season hasn't started the way that manager Sergei Gurenko will have hoped. The team have lost both of their opening two league matches including the gut-wrenching 3-2 away defeat to league leaders FC Minsk. A return to the scene of their opening day shock 1-0 defeat to Ruh Brest gives the players a shot at redemption. Failure to get back to winning ways could set the alarm bells ringing early doors.

Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino could not have asked for a much better start to their campaign after a narrow 1-0 win away to Shakhtyor Soligorsk on the opening day of the season was followed up with another business-like 1-0 victory at home against Belshina Bobruisk last weekend. Manager Yuri Puntus was expected to lead his team to another mid-table finish but something appears to be happening. A team built on a solid defensive unit has given the club a fantastic start. This is their toughest challenge to date though.

I have over-estimated Dinamo Minsk so far this season and I'm cautious about backing them to win here. Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino have started very well but their opposition hasn't been the toughest so far. The bookies are also reluctant to back the home side to win given their abject displays so far but I think the fact remains that Dinamo Minsk to win at home at such long odds has to be taken on. If they fail to win then we know Dinamo Minsk have huge problems this season. For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It's a young but talented side with the likes of Maksim Shvyatsow, Ivan Bakhar, and Vladislav Klimovich in their ranks who can light up a game on their day.

Dinamo Minsk to Win @ 2.38 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.60 with SportNation

I managed to make a small gain on a few bookings bets last weekend and have done a modest amount of research this week so will have a tilt at this weekend's games.

Belshina/Gorodeya:

Spreads for this game are 56-58 and ref Kurgkheli looks pretty average for the league (around 45 points based on my sample of data). Happy to take <60 points at 5/6 with PP and 4-6 cards at 21/20 Hills

Dinamo Minsk/Torpedo Zhordino:

Spreads are 62 buy or sell and ref Sevostsjyanik has the highest average in my sample (around 59 points). He's shown a red in 6 of his last 20 top flight games. Bets are red card shown 16/5 888, red card 1st half 10/1 PP, 4-6 cards 11/10 Hills, 70+ points 13/8 Skybet and (just for the fun of it) each team >1 card in each half 14/1 Hills.

A tad reluctant to bet high in this league but ref just about sways me in the later game. Stakes are modest, let's see how this weekend pans out.

Shakhtar Soligorsk vs Neman Grodno

My prediction for this match is that home side will win 2-0 after 1-0 HT. Last 6 league games between these 2 clubs in Soligorsk has been 5-1-0 without Soligorsk conceding once(yes Sherlock that means that the draw ended goalless ;) ). I think there is a good chance that Darko Bodul will score the first at around 4/1( he used to play for OB(odense) in danish SUperliga) Last season he scored 6 in the last 5 home games.

Edited by GrandDanois
Some of the text was cut out yesterday

BATE Borisov vs Ruh Brest

Big thanks to @GrandDanois for giving his thoughts on that game. I'm going to look at the 3:30pm BST kick-off between shock strugglers BATE Borisov and mid-table side Ruh Brest that will be played at the Borisov Arena. The unimaginable is happening right now with the perennial title challengers in the drop zone. Can they bounce back to winning ways?

BATE Borisov have long been seen as one of the best sides in Belarus. Before last season's second placed finish, the club had won the previous 13 Belarus Premier League titles. The pressure will already be building on head coach Kirill Alshevsky after suffering back-to-back losses in their first two league games. The 3-1 opening day loss away to Energetik-BGU was a shock but the 2-1 defeat away to Slavia-Mozyr failed to show a reaction and that's a concern.

Ruh Brest come into this game in 10th place but victory would push them right on up the table. Manager Aleksandr Sednyov will be relishing trips like this to the big guns of the Belarus top flight after their promotion from the second tier last season. The players are already shown they deserve to be at this level having beaten Dinamo Minsk 1-0 away on the opening weekend. The 1-0 loss at home to Energetik-BGU halted the momentum but that first win gives reason to be wary that they might up their performance levels against the reputed bigger clubs in this division.

The bookies are heavily favouring the home side and I understand. My decision to back Dinamo Minsk to return to winning ways yesterday proved successful and I'm going to show a similar level of faith in BATE Borisov. This is a side that has repeatedly shown down the years that it can navigate through these tricky spells. I think the home side will win with a solid display and return to a winning habit.

BATE Borisov -1 @ 2.10 with Betfair

BATE Borisov HT/FT @ 2.05 with Bet365

Dinamo Brest vs Slavia Mozyr

Right, I didn't think I'd have time to fit a second preview in today but here we go. I'll get one done quickly for you all to judge and consider. It's the 5:30pm BST kick-off between mid-table sides Dinamo Brest and Slavia Mozyr at the OSK Brestskiy this evening. Both sides will be looking to get a win to move themselves up the table at this early stage in the season.

Dinamo Brest are in 5th place coming into this game but could move into the European qualification spots with a win here. OK, so it's all irrelevant right now but it still shows how positively the club has started this campaign. A 1-1 draw at home to Smolovechi-STI was a satisfactory opening game but the 1-0 win away to Slutsk was a pleasing result that is certain to have boosted the confidence of the players. Manager Sergei Kovachuk will now be keen to see his team make it back-to-back wins in this one.

Slavia Mozyr haven't quite had things as uplifting as their opponents for this game. Mihail Martsinovich's men are in 11th place after a mixed bag of results. The 3-1 loss away to Slutsk in their opening round match might be seen as slightly distorted given the sending off of Igor Tymonyuk on 70 minutes with the score at 1-1. The 2-1 home win over BATE Borisov in their following game showed green roots of hope and quality that they'll be determined to take into this match.

These early season matches are always hard to call. This is particularly the case with sides that have so far displayed inconsistent results and performances. I was initially thinking that the value would be with the home side but I'm very wary of Slavia Mozyr being capable of grinding out results. It's going to be a close one either way. I think a single goal win for Dinamo Brest probably looks the best option but this one is a very tricky one to judge so I'm going to go all out and take a risk with this one.

Dinamo Brest to Win to Nil @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Dinamo Brest HT/FT @ 2.20 with SpreadEx

Energetik-BGU vs FC Minsk

A mixed bag of results yesterday in the Belarus Premier League but there's no time to dwell because we have another three league games coming up today. The first of those is a midday BST kick-off between the top two sides in the division of Energetik-BGU and FC Minsk at the RCOR-BGU Stadium in Minsk. Which of these two pace setters will strike an early blow to their rival's title hopes?

Energetik-BGU will feel this is a massive opportunity to send a statement out to the league as they face top of the table on home soil. Manager Vladimir Belyavskiy knows a win will likely move his team to the summit and continue their 100% start to the season. An impressive 3-1 win against BATE Borisov in their opening game of the season was followed up by a battling 1-0 win away to Ruh Brest. The jury remains out on whether this side has turned a corner after their 12th placed finish last season but it's certainly been a positive start.

FC Minsk currently lead the way at the top of the Belarus Premier League. Manager Andrey Razin was a prolific player for the club between 2009 and 2014. He's in a position where he could become a club legend if he guides them to their first league title in the history of the club but it's a long way to go yet. A 3-1 win away to Belshina followed by a dramatic 3-2 derby win against 10-man Dinamo Minsk is creditable but it's only a beginning. This is their biggest test yet.

Both of these sides have started this league season really well and exceeding expectations. The jury is still out on whether this decent start will last but the early signs are encouraging. This game could be one that derails one of them early on if they suffer a defeat. FC Minsk are favoured by the bookies but when two teams are so evenly matched and the home side are available at such long odds then it'd be rude not to take the home win. It's still early days and form is a bit of a guessing game so it's worth a shot.

Energetik-BGU to Win @ 2.79 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 1.61 with Bet365

Smolevichi vs FC Vitebsk

Our second preview for today's matches in the Belarus Premier League covers the clash between lowly placed Smolevichi and mid-table FC Vitebsk in a 2pm BST kick-off at the Ozyorny Stadium in Smolevichi. The home side can move on up the table with a win but they're against an away side that will be desperate to pick up their first league win of the season.

Smolevichi aren't having it very good so far this year at all. Aleksandr Brazevich's team are in 15th position having failed to win either of their first two league matches this season. A 1-1 draw away to Dinamo Brest was a pleasing start for the newly promoted side but the 1-0 loss away to Isloch was a dose of reality giving an indication of how tough this season could well be. It is worth pointing out that playing two away games to start your new season in a higher league isn't the most convenient of things so a first home game might give the squad the motivation they need to grab that first win of the season.

FC Vitebsk have experienced mixed fortunes so far from their first two league matches of the season. Sergey Yasinsky's men laboured to a 1-0 win at home with just 10 men over Gorodeya in their first match of the campaign. However, a lacklustre 2-0 loss away to Neman in their next fixture left the fans feeling deflated and the club down in mid-table in 9th place. Still, this is a team that finished 13th last season so mid-table remains a satisfactory position.

Firstly, I'm not sure why some bookmakers have listed this game as having FC Vitebsk at home when by all accounts it's Smolevichi at home. Not sure if this has warped the odds being offered or not. I'm going to have to back the home side here to steal a draw because I think their first home league game of the season will provide the motivation needed to put in a performance. It might not bring home all 3 points but they should get something from this game.

Draw @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

Smolevichi to Score First @ 2.15 with SpreadEx

Isloch vs Slutsk

The final game of this round of Belarus Premier League matches comes at 4pm BST this afternoon when high-flying Isloch welcome a relegation play-off placed Slutsk side to the FC Minsk Stadium in Minsk. These two teams have experienced differing starts to their season and even though everything is pointing to a solid home win it's still early days so is there any value to be had in backing a shock away win?

Isloch find themselves in 3rd place having won both of their opening league games. Vitaly Zhukovsky and his team picked up a narrow 1-0 win over 10-man Neman in their opening game. The team then showed their defensive superiority once again in their next match when they beat Smolevichi 1-0 at home. This will be their third home game in a row and a big chance to build some momentum for a positive start to their campaign.

Slutsk will need to win a psychological battle with themselves before they head into this game. Despite an average start to the season of one win and one loss, the club has dropped to 14th position in the league table. Vitaliy Pavlov and his players know a win here could shoot them up to 3rd in the table but right now the table doesn't make for very pleasant viewing and a loss will see them remain in their current place. The opening day 3-1 win over 10-man Slavia Mozyr was followed by a disappointing 1-0 loss to Dinamo Brest. Both of those matches coming at home. How will they cope on the road?

I think Isloch are the team that are more likely to turn out to be European chasers this season. Yes, Slutsk could still fly up the table with a win but the cracks have already shown in their matches this season. A rigid defence could give them the foundation to sneak a draw here but I think this is Isloch's game to lose. If they don't win and make it 3 wins from 3 league games then their fans will be hugely underwhelmed.

Isloch to Win to Nil @ 2.55 with BetVictor

Isloch HT/FT @ 3.00 with Coral

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.