Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 28th & 29th

belarus.jpg

OK, so this is going to be a learning curve for us all! Welcome to the new Belarus Premier League thread. It might not be the EPL, La Liga, or Bundesliga but it's all we've got to keep us going right now. I had a brief spell as Dinamo Minsk manager on Football Manager a few years back. It didn't go very well but I'll humour them by previewing their Minsk derby against FC Minsk this weekend! :ok

FC Minsk vs Dinamo Minsk

Right, so this is going to be interesting! I come into this league with very limited experience of Belarus football. As I said above, I once managed Dinamo Minsk on Football Manager and I did guide the Belarus national team to the 2022 World Cup Quarter-Finals on that same game as well. That wasn't real life though. No matter how much I wanted it to be! This is the real world. FC Minsk versus Dinamo Minsk in a 2pm GMT kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the 3,000-capacity FC Minsk Stadium.

FC Minsk have had a cracking start to their league campaign. Andrey Razin's side finished 9th last season but find themselves 2nd in the table after the first round of league games. A 3-1 win away to Belshina gave them a fantastic opening week victory and will already have their fans dreaming of a potential return to European football for the first time since 2013/14.

Dinamo Minsk come into this game in 10th place after a disappointing opening round 1-0 loss at home to top flight new boys Rukh Brest. Manager Sergei Gurenko will be determined to see his team return to their glory days after an underwhelming 4th placed league finish last season. Unfortunately, this season could not have started much worse. The experience of centre back Igor Shitov and new striker signing Yevgeniy Shikavka will be needed if the club is to bounce back against a formidable opponent here.

It's always hard to judge games in the first few rounds of a new season let alone in an unfamiliar league. It certainly doesn't help when results have thrown up one or two surprises in the opening weekend. The bookies are slightly favouring an away win but I'm not entirely confident Dinamo Minsk are worth the bet at such a low price. FC Minsk produced some impressive statistics last week and I think they're good for a draw. I wouldn't even be surprised if they took the win but I'm going to sit on the fence at this early stage.

Draw @ 3.20 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.91 with Bet365

Neman Grodno vs FC Vitebsk

Our coverage of the Belarus Premier League continues today with the 4pm BST kick-off between Neman Grodno and FC Vitebsk that will take place at the Neman Stadium in Grodno. The home side will be looking to notch up a first league win of the season against an away team that could maintain a 100% winning start to their league campaign with a victory.

Neman Grodno find themselves in 12th place after their opening round 1-0 loss away to Isloch. Igor Kovalevich's side had to play with 10 men after the 43rd minute sending off of Zoran Marusic. The team managed to hold out until the 88th minute before Momo Yansane's winner. The aim this season will be to improve on the club's 10th placed finish last season but a defeat here would leave their fans fearing the worst that a relegation battle could be on.

FC Vitebsk began their season with a narrow 1-0 win at home to Gorodeya. Manager Sergey Yasinsky needed the opposition to score an own goal through Dmitry Ignatenko after 20 minutes but even going down to 10 men when Maksym Kalenchuk was sent off just before half-time couldn't stop them taking all 3 points. It was a brilliant show of resilience by the defence and bodes well for this campaign.

As we said in the previous preview, it's hard to make judgement calls on an unfamiliar league so early on. The odds suggest even the bookies aren't sure which way this one will go. I'm tempted to back an away win but I think a draw could be the best option again. I was wrong in the Minsk derby. Away wins have been quite common so far but I think as solid as Vitebsk look at this early stage, Neman Grodno will be out to make a point in front of their home fans.

Draw @ 3.00 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.80 with Unibet

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@four-leaf, I see you liking that post! Are you keeping an eye on the Belarus Premier League at the moment? Bet on it before or just here for the coronavirus ride?

Because of COVID-19 I started to follow the matches in Belarus and Nicaragua. I had a very successful bet this week on Juventus Managua when I picked Juventus to win by 2 goals or more which they did by 4-1 at home. Odds was 3.70 on that handicapbet.

34 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Because of COVID-19 I started to follow the matches in Belarus and Nicaragua. I had a very successful bet this week on Juventus Managua when I picked Juventus to win by 2 goals or more which they did by 4-1 at home. Odds was 3.70 on that handicapbet.

That's a great start. Got any thoughts on this afternoon's game that I previewed?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.