** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Football Programmes

Xtc12

22 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Hi Guys

With this Coronavirus had to come up with something to pass the time away. I have decided to have a little look at the programme collection which has been locked away for many a year.

Anybody else has this as a hobby ?

My Dad has collected Cardiff City programmes for the past 30 odd years. I'm sure he'll burden me with them when the time comes to pass them down! I've got a few programmes that I've kept including the FA Cup Final in 2001 and the FA Cup Final in 2008. The first being because it was the first held at the Millennium Stadium and the second because it was the year Cardiff played Portsmouth. I've got a few other memorable ones from recently. I have a feeling my Dad said he has one from the time Cardiff beat Real Madrid at Ninian Park in 1971 but I'll have to check. What noteworthy ones do you have mate?

Collected Liverpool homes years ago, still have them in the attic, will have to remove the dust soon. Have most of them from 61/62 to 95\96 met the wife soon afterwards and everything came to a halt after that. 

I can honestly say I don't remember the 2008 FA Cup Final. Would have lost a lot of money in a bet with this one.

I actually bought the Liverpool v Barcelona one from last season.

Was hoping there was one printed for the Everton v Liverpool game that was postponed recently over the Coronavirus. Don't have many that would be classed as RARE.

1966 World Cup

1968 European Cup

Hillsboro Disaster

Ireland v England (Stuttgart)

Ireland v Italy (1994 World Cup)

1 hour ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I know my Dad has a big collection for sure! Going right back to the Leeds old says with Bremner and co. 

Some stories there for sure! :loon 

Yes that was a super Leeds side. There was a game I think versus Southampton 1972 its definitely worth a watch if you come across it on You Tube. Will try and put it up here.