Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**August Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Yossa6133 £45, 3rd Like2Fish £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

Coral Tour Championships

Starts tomorrow. A small event but some top players are here. Here is the draw :

1pm - N.Robertson Vs D.Junhui
1pm - J.Trump Vs J.Higgins
7pm - M.Selby Vs Y.Bingtao
7PM - S.Murphy Vs M.Allen

The good thing about this event unlike the Gibraltor this is a "first to 9" match and elimates any bad luck taking you out of a match. Trump will be looking to win back-2-back events here and he is also reigning champ here. I believe it's going to be shown on ITV4 also.

Looking at the draw, the semi-final looks like being Trump Vs N.Robertson and then the other looks wide open. I think the value is in that bottom half and in my opinion I can see that being Murphy Vs Bingtao. Based on that I'll take these two each-way.

2pts E/W S.Murphy to win Tour Championships 7/1 bet365
1pt E/W Y.Bingtao to win Tour Championships 28/1 bet365

Trump Vs Higgins has been pushed to tomorrow due to Higgins not being able to make it on time. Now, Murphy Vs Allen is at 1pm.

I'll take Murphy on the -1.5 handicap. Murphy has a good record against Mark Allen and has already beaten him in 2020, last month, 6-2. Also 10-3 in the Shanghai Masters in 2019. I like Robertson for the other match but am alittle put off with Robertsons lack of form recently. That and a little girl of 1yr old now makes me think he could be alittle knackered. I'll see how he does against Ding.

5pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) tobeat M.Allen 4/5 betvictor

On 3/16/2020 at 1:46 PM, Fader said:

Starts tomorrow. A small event but some top players are here. Here is the draw :

1pm - N.Robertson Vs D.Junhui
1pm - J.Trump Vs J.Higgins
7pm - M.Selby Vs Y.Bingtao
7PM - S.Murphy Vs M.Allen

The good thing about this event unlike the Gibraltor this is a "first to 9" match and elimates any bad luck taking you out of a match. Trump will be looking to win back-2-back events here and he is also reigning champ here. I believe it's going to be shown on ITV4 also.

Looking at the draw, the semi-final looks like being Trump Vs N.Robertson and then the other looks wide open. I think the value is in that bottom half and in my opinion I can see that being Murphy Vs Bingtao. Based on that I'll take these two each-way.

2pts E/W S.Murphy to win Tour Championships 7/1 bet365
1pt E/W Y.Bingtao to win Tour Championships 28/1 bet365

...So this starts tomorrow and my bets on this event have not been voided so I assume they will still be live. Ding pulls out of this and so Maguire comes in to take his place.

Tomorrow's first match will now be Robertson Vs Maguire and I think Robertson is being valued abit too highly in that one. Maguire beat him the last time they played, 6-5 and it's mainly close results between the two. Maguire has won 7 of the last 9 and Maguire has fluked getting into this and we've seen before a player can take it and run and perform well in those situations. Like a freeroll almost.

4pts S. Maguire (+2.5 frames) to beat N. Robertson 11/8 betfred

Maguire wins. What a performance that was. I think he got about 5 centuries in those 9 frames he won. More than covers the handicap there.

Tour tips +5.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +147.25pts

J. Trump Vs J. Higgins today for the right to play Maguire in the semi-finals. I think with Trump we'll see him get better and better in each round. He really didn't perform at the Championship League and it puts me off any handicap bet here. Yesterday, I took a bet on Trump to win the tournament and hit 7 or more centuries in the tournament which was 9/2 with Paddypower. It was a bet I was going to tip up today but it's no longer available.

One bet I will take, although I'm never keen on "potting the first ball" as that's very random, is Trump to win and hit 3 centuries and also to pot the first ball. 6/1 is a nice price if he makes a good start and gets the elusive first ball. 

1pt J. Trump to pot the first ball, make 3 century breaks and win 6/1 paddypower

Trump goes through but it was abit of a grind. Just the one century for him in what was quite a poor match.

Today sees one of the outright bets, Bingtao, up against Mark Selby. This half of the draw is quite a minefield but it's also why I chose 2 tips from the same half. We've already seen that Trump isn't on top form and Maguire is flying so quite easily I could see a Maguire final against of these final 4. Everything to play for.

Selby hasn't looked like the Selby of old for quite a while. Even most recently in the Championship League he was easily beaten by Wenbo and fortunate to get a draw against O'Connor. I wouldn't have expected him to do well in that tournament but he should have qualified atleast.

I don't know if Bingtao has kept up the practicing since lock down and he wasn't at the Championship League so it's abit of a gamble assuming he will keeps his form but the price right and I'll follow him here. 

4pts Y. Bingtao to beat M. Selby 7/4 bet365

Tour tips +4.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +146.25pts

Blimey, what a roller-coaster. 3-1 up, 6-5 down and Selby flukes the most ridiculous black around the table for 7-5 and from there, loses out. Yan looked abit rusty to be fair and doesn't look like he's practiced much. Murphy Vs Allen tonight and I'm hoping Murphy can run with this chance to go deep here. I'm going to take a boosted price from Paddypower here.

2pts S. Murphy to have highest break, most 50 or more breaks and win 11/4 paddypower

Tour tips +0.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +142.25pts

7 minutes ago, Bencb789 said:

Hello! Following the topic for a while, thank you very much for putting in the effort!

What do you think about Murphy (-1,5 frames), is this a strong strong bet for this match?

Have a great day!

Hi Bencb, welcome to the forum.

it's the bet I was going to go with to be honest. I think it will be a close match though and I have Murphy as an outright pick. Those things in mind, I went for the bigger price but I wouldn't put you off of that bet atall. It could look a big price come the end of the day.

Murphy finds a way to lose. 6 centuries and loses the match. Should have been 3 frames ahead but missed 2 blacks off the spot. Allen hits a fluke to win the last frame. It just wasn't going to happen today no matter how much better he was. Too many silly errors.

Trump Vs Maguire today and it will be interesting to see if Maguire can keep the standard up that he showed against Robertson. If he can,he has a great chance here but I'm not sure he will. I do think he has enough about him to make this quite close though. Despite Maguire going 3-0 down the last time these two played, Maguire got it back to 5-5 before losing a deciding leg. 

We know both players can score big but Trump didn't do that in the first match. I mentioned in the preview of the match that I do think that Trump will get better in each match and I think he will here, but I'm leaving the outcome alone and even the handicap alone. I'm taking Maguire to have the highest break and I'm backing there to be 5 or more centuries. Maguire managed a 135 in his first match when he hit all those centuries and although he will have less chances here, the potting isn't going to just vanish.

4pts S. Maguire highest break 9/4 paddypower
2pts 5 or more Centuries 7/2 paddypower

Tour tips -1.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +140.25pts

Tough run of luck with outrageous flukes for Selby and then Allen in the decider last night. 

As a keen punter and snooker fan I'm a bit bemused why Allen has been priced up at 13/10 to beat Selby. The Jester showed glimpses against Bingtao but was slow out the blocks, missed a number of easy balls and offered up plenty of chances to his young opponent. Even his safety game was slack and not up to his usual granite like standards. A repeat performance against Allen (who yet again shows tremendous bottle in the big moments) and he is going home. 

As for today's game with Trump, as always I find it difficult to find an angle of attack for a bet. This normally screams a no bet with Trump too short for my liking and Maguire unlikely to follow up his heroics from the first round. One thing for sure is that Maguire has played one match in these conditions, no crowd, no noise etc and played the game of his life. Trump was not particularly impressive in disposing of Higgins but his strength now lies in just finding a way to win, even when playing badly. I suppose all things considered I expect Maguire to play well and I also expect Judd to raise his game. At 14/1 Will Hills #yourodds market has Maguire to win, hit the highest break and over 3 centuries in the match (over 3 centuries includes both players breaks). Considering we have had games this week with 7 centuries, I consider some small value here (especially with the worlds best player involved). If Maguire is to win he will need a repeat of the Robertson game and have multiple frames of one visit snooker. 14/1 seems a nice little wager to sit back and watch this afternoon although my real attention is on the Allen match tomorrow. 

1pt Maguire 14-1 (as above)

10pt Allen to beat Selby 13-10 

Welcome to the forum, LockStockLad. 

Agree completely on Allen beating Selby. Agree also on the Maguire value. I also liked the look of Maguire to hit the highest break and +3.5 on the handicap which i think was about 4/1

good luck

Maguire wins and despite the centuries running dry for both players, he played really well. I fancy him against Selby or Allen really. Maybe this is the way Maguire needs to play, with no crowd or noise :D 

Even better, Maguire gets the highest break with the only century of the match. It was 10/1 yesterday on Maguire to win the match and get the highest break. It was something I should have tipped up really, but I'll take the 9/4 on the highest break.

Today we see Allen taking on Selby. I do think Selby will improve today, allen will need to. He battled well, but atleast he knows that he will have an easier opponent than Murphy. I'm still kinda fuming that Murphy isn't in the Semi-final. Quite baffling. I'm taking Allen here and keeping it simple. The only other bet I like is Allen to win the match and Selby to get the highest break. I've requested the following and if it gets on the site with paddy i'll update you guys

5pts M. Allen to beat M. Selby 13/10 unibet
1.5pts M. Allen to win match, Selby highest break, allen most 50+ breaks 5/1 paddypower

Tour tips +5.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +147.25pts

Barring a miracle it looks like Allen will advance to the final. I fancy him to go on and win it from here but currently trading at 4/6 for the title holds little appeal. 

Good tipping @Fader, I also saw the 10s on offer for Maguire win and highest break but sadly didn't back it either!! 

and you LockStock. Allen won that easily. I just wish Selby got a bigger break to win the 5/1. Final today then Maguire Vs Allen. Allen has a good record against Maguire but funny enough the last time they played, Maguire won 6-0. Allen has been winning his matches largely because of the other players making mistakes. No centuries in the last match for Allen and plenty of 50+ breaks.The value isn't there for a bet on Allen. i think the bet is Maguire to have the highest break here

5pts S. Maguire to have highest break 6/5 bet365
1.5pts S. Maguire to win the 1st frame, highest break and win the match 7/1 paddypower

i've also requested Maguire to win match, Allen most 50+ and Maguire highest break

Tour tips +10.5pts
Snooker 2020 bets +132.25pts

Maguire wins the tournament and gets the highest break. Allen had 4-2 on the 50+ with about 3 frames to go and it ended 4-4 argh!!  and Maguire should  have had the first frame for the 7/1 so i feel pretty aggrieved but I'll take a +14pt for the tournament I guess. I feel like I should have had Maguire as these tournaments where somebody gets a freebie entrance they always do well. Maybe for next time

Tour tips +14pts
Snooker 2020 bets +135.75pts

Good work @Fader and very very unlucky with those 50+. Disappointing final for me as I really fancied Allen to show his bottle in the last session and win. Unfortunately I kept backing him when Maguire stretched ahead and the come back never prevailed! 

Oh well, flat for the tournament and will come back here to post for the Worlds! 

22 hours ago, Fader said:

1pt S. Maguire to win the match, highest break and allen most 50+ 7/1 paddypower

I had this bet settled as a winner. Normally a 50+ is 50-99 but it's been settled as a winner because Allen had 6 50+ and Maguire 5 50+

11 minutes ago, LockStockLad said:

Good work @Fader and very very unlucky with those 50+. Disappointing final for me as I really fancied Allen to show his bottle in the last session and win. Unfortunately I kept backing him when Maguire stretched ahead and the come back never prevailed! 

Oh well, flat for the tournament and will come back here to post for the Worlds! 

Unlucky on Allen mate. Yeah, no snooker now until the end of July when the worlds is here.