** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wed Mar 4th

430 ling 

Desert safari 130  247 total 377 

Corvair  70 290 total 360 +

Will be interesting to see how this race pans out because corvair has the best weight but desert safari has the best class so I'm looking forward to seeing which one comes  out on top ...

Corvair 4pts win 9/4 willh

Desert safari 2pts win 15/2 corals 

Hi everyone

Here is my next selection.

300 Lingfield Renardeau 1pt win 13/8 Bog available. Expect a follow up to his to his C/D double in December. Fit and fancied.

So far Start Bank 100 W3 L0 Bank 103.55

Beautifully timed run. Well that's four in a row.

W4 L0 Bank now 105.17

Edited by Old codger
Update

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

430 ling 

Will be interesting to see how this race pans out because corvair has the best weight but desert safari has the best class so I'm looking forward to seeing which one comes  out on top ...

Corvair won comfortably 

35 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

You are getting some good results with these ratings of yours . I look forward to see how you do at Cheltenham .

Yes it's a beautiful marriage...they really compliment each other and if you have a horse that's well weighted and classy your always gonna do well .....I'm really excited about chelt ....just wanna get stuck in ....I won't rate everything....just my fav races ....supreme  ...ultima...champion ...day 1 ....coral cup day2 .....pertemps final ...Brown and terrible plate day 3 .....triumph hurdle ...county hurdle ...grand annual day 4 .....and maybe the odd race anyone requests or looks decent betting ......of course it's hard cos everyone's there to win but class rises to the top at chelt so let's hope it does itself justice 

Got my supreme and champion bets on day1 ....just waiting for ultima now ......if anyone wants a race looked at then just ask .....if I can do it I will ....all here to win 

Edited by richard-westwood

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

430 ling 

What ratings do you use, how are they made? 

These ratings are mine .....one is a general form and weight rating that encompasses all recent form ......the other is a class rating ...it is maths based coming at it from 2 diff angles so if both say 145 and 155 ....then I'd give the horse 150 and it won't be far out .....it's taken a long time to perfect .....there are dozens of ways to define class but I really think I've got it tuned in now cos it's been so accurate during testing and there have been other races I haven't been able to post due to work etc ...but I'm realising now what a huge effect class has the result in any race ....it's kind of an Invisible force and most people ignore it but the classier horses just find more when it comes to the final battle ........Cheltenham requires a diff tactic though....in the big hcaps I have the race trends all programmed in ....so I'll discard horses that fail below 75% of the strongest trends then rate the horses left .....that's giving you horses that pass trends like 18/20 ...19/20 of past winners had .....and are top on weight and class too ....I can't do no more than that ....after that it's just plain luck and that's cheltenham....your either in or out lol....just enjoy it 

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Wed Mar 4th