** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Mar 6th - 8th

Nottingham Forest vs Millwall

It only feels like yesterday that Nottingham Forest were the subject of one of our previews but it was actually on Monday that they last played. Time flies in the chaos of the Championship. This week, the Tricky Trees are hosting Millwall in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off on Friday night at the City Ground. Will their promotion hopes be boosted with a win or will the visitors put a dent in their aspirations?

Nottingham Forest are looking good under Sabri Lamouchi this season. The club sit in 4th place but the disappointing draw with Middlesbrough earlier in the week now sees them 8 points off the automatic promotion places. Have their realistic chances of finishing in the top two all but ended? Maybe they should focus more on the fact that they're 6 points inside the play-offs and need to further consolidate their position. It may well be 4 league games unbeaten for the team but it's now also just 1 win in their last 5 league games. One concern heading into this game is Forest's bang average home record that sees them 12th in the division's home form table.

Millwall look a very solid team under Gary Rowett. The Lions are in 10th place and have slowly put themselves in with an outside chance of gate crashing the play-offs now they're just 5 points outside the top six. Winning games has become a problem with the club now only managing 1 win in their last 8 league matches but they have also only lost 1 of their previous 5 league games.

The head-to-head statistics will raise an eyebrow of worry for Forest fans. Millwall are unbeaten in the last 4 meetings between these two sides with Millwall scoring two goals in three of those four matches. Neither side is in fantastic form now and even though I'd usually back a side like Forest to win at home I think this Millwall team is gritty and can grind out a result. I'm just wary that we could see some bouncebackability from Forest after Monday. OK, I'm going for it. A Forest home win!

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 2.42 with VBet

BTTS @ 2.00 with VBet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Yeah I think top 2 is our of reach now, would be delighted/amazed with the play offs as I thought we'd struggle this season.

Forest fans picked up a bit of a dislike for Gary Rowett while he was Derby manager and he always seems to do well against us, but we're probably a decent price for the win.

Stoke aren't the best but I will stick to opposing Hull until they show something, Stoke -1 is 7/4 which seems fair enough to me and probably my only bet.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Nottm Forest have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Millwall have scored in 72% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 38 Football Betting Streaks for 06.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-03-2020-18002

Nottingham F. vs Millwall FC

Nottingham F.

Doubtful: Nuno da Costa (1/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Samba Sow (18/0 m), Tiago Silva (35/2 m), Tendayi Darikwa (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Millwall FC

Doubtful: Shaun Williams (25/2 m, illness), Ryan Leonard (12/0 m, illness), James Brown (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Frank Fielding (1/0 g), Ben Thompson (22/1 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Barnsley vs Cardiff

The season continues to drag on for us Cardiff fans who have entered a bit of a state of limbo right now. Our next game is this Saturday afternoon at 3pm away to a struggling Barnsley side at Oakwell. It feels like we could end our season right now and just crack on with freshening up this squad. It all feels a bit stale and a little bit redundant at the moment.

Barnsley fans might think us Cardiff fans are acting a little spoilt. The Tykes are down in 23rd place, 5 points from safety, and only saved from being rock bottom of the Championship due to their goal difference. Gerhard Struber has done a commendable job since he came in but it seems that the Yorkshire club are fighting against the tide due to a basic lack of quality. You cannot deny their fight. Before their disappointing 2-0 loss away to Reading the club had won three league games on the bounce keeping a clean sheet in each one. The shock 3-0 win away to Fulham being the highlight. Arguably, the biggest question now is whether last week's loss has taken the wind out of the players' sails?

Cardiff are safe this season and with the club still in 11th place and just 5 points off the play-offs we could be forgiven for thinking that promotion is still on the cards. However, ask any Bluebirds fan and with Lee Tomlin out for a while yet there's little optimism around the Welsh capital and plans for next season in the second tier of English football are already being made. Four league games without a win have damaged our decent run of form and we were lucky to get a point at home to Brentford. Getting goals still feels like a struggle in every game and that's a problem that won't go away.

Right now, I just don't have much confidence in this Cardiff side to get an away win under Neil Harris. Our away record recently hasn't been too bad but our overall performances haven't been great and the 2-0 loss at Stoke had been a long time coming. I'm worried something similar could happen here. We were fortunate to beat Barnsley at home when we had Tomlin to bail us out. He won't be available to do that this time so I think I'm going to opt for a draw.

Draw @ 3.50 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.70 with Sportingbet

Luton have conceded at least 2 goals in 92% of their last 13 away matches in Championship.
Leeds have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 matches in Championship.
Luton have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in 83% of their last 6 away matches in Championship.
Birmingham have drawn their last 4 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 76 Football Betting Streaks for 07.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-03-2020-18023

Derby vs Blackburn

The Championship matches continue into Sunday this weekend. Reasoning behind this is due to Derby's Thursday night FA Cup 5th Round clash with Manchester United so they've been given the extra day to prepare for this game against Blackburn that kicks off at 3pm at Pride Park. Both teams have varying degrees of hope regarding their play-off aspirations and those hopes will be more clearly defined after this match.

Derby will need to put the drubbing to Manchester United behind them quickly if they're to get anything from this game. Phillip Cocu's side had appeared to be making a late surge for the play-off places but just 1 win in their last 5 league games has stunted their progress. The 3-1 win away to Sheffield Wednesday could be what was needed to get the Rams back on track but that midweek FA Cup defeat could have set them back right away. Derby are undefeated in their last 6 league games at home so they'll feel they can further improve on that here.

Blackburn are dark horses that have been performing under the radar. Tony Mowbray has been busy building a side that has the potential to compete for promotion back to the Premier League and with Rovers now unbeaten in their last 5 league games it's starting to feel that they can make it a reality. The club is in 8th place and just 3 points off the pace of the top six. The fact they are also unbeaten in their last 4 away league matches shows they have gotten into the habit of grinding out results.

I really can't separate these two teams coming into this one. Every time I read a new statistic about their current form or performances home or away I change my mind. The ELO ratings back Blackburn narrowly but that favouritism has depleted over the past two matches. It leaves me lacking confidence that either side can do enough to get the win so I'll punt for a draw.

Draw @ 3.30 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.80 with William Hill

Blackburn have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Derby County have scored in each of their last 13 matches in Championship.
Blackburn have scored in each of their last 11 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 70 Football Betting Streaks for 08.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-03-2020-18038