** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 7th - 9th

Southampton vs Newcastle

The Premier League is here again and we have a number of tempting options to bet on this week with teams facing the prospect of the potential direction of their season being decided in the coming weeks. Southampton host Newcastle in one of the more intriguing matches on the schedule that kicks off at 3pm GMT on Saturday afternoon at St Mary's Stadium.

Southampton were looking like sure fire relegation fodder in the early months of the season but Ralph Hasenhuttl has managed to turn things around for the club. The Saints are in 13th place and 7 points clear of the drop. Two more wins in the league will see them reach the golden 40 point mark but with 10 league games left to play they'll surely be aiming to go further than that modest target. 3 losses from their last 4 league games have coincided with the goals of Danny Ings drying up. However, their last home game did see a solid 2-0 win over relegation candidates Aston Villa.

Newcastle fans just can't be pleased these days. The anti-Steve Bruce brigade have been out in force again this week despite the Magpies cruising through to the FA Cup Quarter-Finals for the first time since 2005/06. The club is still haunting by the threat of relegation but the team is currently in 14th and 5 points away from the relegation zone so it could be a lot worse. OK, so admittedly, it is no win in the league for 5 matches and only 1 win in their last 10 league games. Still, Miguel Almiron has at least scored some goals now... right?

My immediate feeling is to back a home win here. I appreciate Southampton have been a bit rocky lately but I think Newcastle are in a bit of a worse slump and as the away team travelling so far it will put them at a huge disadvantage. Southampton haven't beaten Newcastle in their last five encounters but Newcastle haven't won away at Southampton since 19th September, 2004. I think it's due time that Southampton got the win and with four of their last five wins being with a clean sheet and Newcastle failing to score in their last four league games I think it could happen here.

Southampton to Win to Nil @ 2.83 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.01 with Marathonbet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadam, @bettingfellow, @ivanhoe, @Charon84, @Costanzi84, @Ryanpete, @Ryanpete, @smartbettingmanand @AndreBR.

spurs are marginal favourites at Burnley which doesn't seem right based on current form.  The game against Norwich was diabolical, and Burnley are in good form themselves, though they did let me down last week when I was on them to beat Newcastle.  Burnley are well rested, while spurs have well documented injury problems and playing 120 minutes on Wednesday even with a slightly rotated side isn't going to have helped.  I don't think the Burnley price is massive value but i'd have them as favourites to win.

Aston Villa +1 on the Monday game is my only other fancy.  Leicester at around 1.4 are way too short based on current form and I've had a bit of success opposing Leicester recently, with Norwich managing the win last time out.  These teams met in the semi-final of the carabao cup, and villa got a draw at Leicester in the first leg, and obviously prevailed overall in the tie with a home win.  Leicester did win 4-1 at Villa in the league, but this came during their good spell when Vardy was in form and not injured.  Without him, they are struggling for form, and even if he is back for this one, he won't be at his best.  Villa or the draw at 3s is good enough for me to have a go on.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth’s last 5 games in Premier League.
West Ham have lost their last 5 away matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 21 home matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 86% of Crystal Palace’s last 14 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 76 Football Betting Streaks for 07.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-03-2020-18023

Manchester United vs Manchester City

The Manchester derby is up this Sunday in a 4:30pm kick-off at Old Trafford with Manchester United and Manchester City taking on each other for the fourth time this season. Yes, it's hard to believe that United hold a 2-1 advantage over the three matches played but will it be another win for the red side of the city or will the blue side level things up with a victory of their own?

Manchester United continue to be our bet busters. When you rule them out they battle back but when you back them they let you down. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has got his Red Devils side going on a bit of a run right now. They are now unbeaten in 9 competitive matches after the midweek FA Cup win over Derby. Home form has been crucial in this spell of results with just 2 losses from their 14 home league matches this season and no defeat on home turf in any competition since a shock 2-0 loss against Burnley back on 22nd January.

Manchester City have looked like a resurgent side since the European ban was handed out by UEFA. Pep Guardiola has clearly rounded the troops and created a much-needed siege mentality. The absence of Aymeric Laporte might be an unwanted issue for a short while again but the team as a whole look a lot better now. City have won their last 5 competitive matches and that includes winning the EFL Cup, reaching the FA Cup Quarter-Finals, and beating Real Madrid in their own backyard. You could argue it's been a very good month for the club on the pitch.

The previous seven meetings between these two sides have failed to produce a draw and I think we could see a similar outcome here. When City have been on their game United cannot get close to them as was shown in the first leg of their EFL Cup Semi-Final back in January. United are proving a bit of a bogey side for City though but as fine a run of results that United are enjoying right now I just think City are performing too well and they'll bag a deserved win.

Manchester City -1 @ 2.75 with Betfair

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.60 with BetVictor

Everton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 away matches in Premier League.
74% of Manchester City’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
31% of Chelsea’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 70 Football Betting Streaks for 08.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-03-2020-18038

Aston Villa have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 14 away matches in Premier League.
Leicester City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
70% of Aston Villa’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 25 Football Betting Streaks for 09.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-03-2020-18042

Leicester vs Aston Villa

Monday night delivers a Premier League match this week with Leicester looking to take a step closer to Champions League football next season against a relegation-threatened Aston Villa in an 8pm kick-off at the King Power Stadium. There is still plenty to play for in this season and the need for wins is becoming more important than ever as the campaign enters its final days over the coming weeks.

Leicester fans will be delighted to hear that star striker Jamie Vardy is likely to be fit to return to the first team this week. The Foxes have desperately missed Vardy's goals in recent weeks during a run of results that has seen just 1 win from their last 7 league games. Brendan Rodgers knows his side can close the gap on 2nd placed Manchester City with a victory to just 4 points after Pep Guardiola's side suffered a disappointing 2-0 loss away to Manchester United on Sunday afternoon. However, Rodgers will also be aware that his side have only won 1 of their last 6 home league matches.

Aston Villa come into this game after the gut-wrenching EFL Cup Final defeat to Manchester City last Sunday. Dean Smith's men are in 19th place but with two games in hand and only 2 points adrift of safety they'll feel they still stand a very good chance of breaking out of the bottom three. The Villains have clearly suffered from being distracted by last weekend's cup final having lost their last 3 league games on the bounce. It's also now 3 away league games without a win. John McGinn is unlikely to feature and that's a blow for the away side.

The EFL Cup Semi-Final showed that Villa are more than a match for Leicester on their day having knocked them out over two legs. I still feel this Leicester side has the potential to get back to winning ways with Wilfred Ndidi back in midfield. Villa have won just 1 of their last 10 away visits to Leicester in the league. The fact Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 6 goals in his last 5 games against Aston Villa makes me think the home side have everything going in their favour here.

Leicester -1 @ 2.56 with SportNation

Leicester HT/FT @ 2.15 with Boylesports

Well, that outcome ended up being a lot easier than we thought. Aston Villa are in huge trouble now by the looks of it. Has the fight gone out of Dean Smith's side now? Also, what on earth does John Terry do if he's not tightened up that Villa back-line at set-pieces? Surely, that's his main area of expertise!