** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 29th - Mar 2nd

champratings.jpg

Here are the odds and ratings for the Championship matches coming up this weekend. How did the results and performances from midweek affect your feelings ahead of these matches? Keen to hear the views of some of you Championship club fans. Things are getting a little bit interesting now aren't they! :lol

Cardiff vs Brentford

The Championship action is thick and fast at this time of year with the teams being tested to the very limit. It's only a matter of hours since the clubs were last in battle and now they're back on it again. I'm looking at Saturday's 3pm GMT clash between Cardiff and Brentford at the Cardiff City Stadium. Both teams have varying degrees of hope regarding potential promotion and those hopes will be boosted or deflated here.

Cardiff will look to bounce back from their midweek loss at home to promotion-chasing Nottingham Forest. The 1-0 loss was correctly predicted by myself and a number of fellow Bluebirds fans. Despite boasting one of the best home records in the Championship this season it's now just 1 win from the last 7 home league games for City. Nothing during the Forest defeat suggested Neil Harris has come up with a way to cope with the absence of creative engine and goal threat Lee Tomlin. Danny Ward's continued bench placement and Harris persisting with a flagging Junior Hoilett out wide is limiting our energy and ingenuity. We're still somehow only in 11th place and 6 points off the play-offs but we all know it ain't happening.

Brentford are still very much in the promotion hunt. Thomas Frank's side are in 5th place and only 9 points off the automatic promotion spots. The 2-1 loss against Luton in midweek was a shock but these results will happen as the promotion race and relegation battle intensifies. Before that defeat, it was an unbeaten run of 5 league games for the Bees so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. They tend to have mixed results away from home either winning or drawing matches having only earned 3 draws in the league away this season.

I'm feeling very pessimistic right now. I'm not sure Harris deserves the criticism he's getting because he's done alright with a squad of players that aren't his own and the budget constraints he endured in January. I think doing things like not applauding our fans after losses and instead just heading down the tunnel don't help endear himself to our fans but he's not an awful manager. I'm not hopeful of us winning this. Brentford will react to the Luton loss and I think we'll lack the creativity our squad does meaning I'm not sure where our next goal will come from. Brentford to sneak a narrow win in another terrible game. At best, we'll scab a draw.

Brentford to Win @ 2.20 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.82 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Middlesbrough have failed to win in their last 9 matches in Championship.
Nottm Forest have scored in each of their last 9 away matches in Championship.
Middlesbrough conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 matches in Championship.
66% of Middlesbrough’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.

You can find interesting 38 Football Betting Streaks for 02.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-03-2020-17973

Middlesbrough vs Nottingham Forest

The Championship matches continue into Monday this weekend with Middlesbrough playing Nottingham Forest in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at the Riverside Stadium. These two sides have their own issues at opposite ends of the table. The home side need a win to move out of the relegation zone and the visitors will want to consolidate their position in the play-off chase.

Middlesbrough endured a slow start to the season under Jonathan Woodgate but it had appeared that the club were bouncing back during a positive spell over Christmas. Unfortunately, form has once again dipped and the fans are losing patience. It's now 9 league games without a win and no goal scored in their last 292 minutes of league football. Boro now find themselves in 22nd place and 2 points adrift of safety. Only 11 games remain so this bad run of results could not come at a much worse time.

Nottingham Forest are enjoying slightly more positive times. Sabri Lamouchi's men are in 4th place and a victory here would move them to within 6 points of the automatic promotion places. A brief downturn in form has seemingly been addressed with 2 draws and 1 win in their last 3 league matches. The Tricky Trees head into this game knowing they boast an impressive away record that has only seen them defeated 3 times in 18 away league games.

Head-to-head statistics only add more woe to Middlesbrough's build-up to this game. The club have lost 4 of their last 6 league games against Nottingham Forest. Middlesbrough also know they are the out-of-form team in the Championship with only Hull earning less points so far in 2020. I have to back a Forest win after seeing them beat us last week. I fear for Boro. They've run out of steam at almost the worst time.

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 2.70 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.90 with Betfair

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Tiago Silva is out for us, which is a bit of a blow as he knits the play together. I really fancied us to win against Boro at home and had a meaty bet which failed! But they are not a good team at all, certainly not as good as Cardiff and we edged them out last time so hopefully we can do the same here.

Let's be honest here, Yossa, you boys should have stuck 3 or 4 on us too! :lol