** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Feb 25th - Mar 1st

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

66% of Rochdale’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in League One.
Rochdale have scored in 71% of their away matches in League One.

You can find interesting 24 Football Betting Streaks for 28.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-02-2020-17945

Portsmouth vs Rochdale

Portsmouth

Doubtful: Ellis Harrison (26/5 f, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Bryn Morris (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Rochdale

Doubtful: Ollie Rathbone (23/3 m), Eoghan O'Connell (30/0 d), Kwadwo Baah (7/0 f), Aaron Morley (21/3 m)

Out (injuries/other): Ryan McLaughlin (3/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Oxford vs Southend

The League One fixtures threw up a few potential option this coming weekend with some teams starting to hit a decent run of form and others struggling. I decided after a few close weeks that I would take it easy and back a firm favourite this week. So I'm looking into Oxford versus Southend in a 3pm GMT kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the Kassam Stadium.

Oxford have had an eventful season so far under manager Karl Robinson. The U's are currently in 8th place just 1 point outside the play-off places and have enjoyed cup runs to the EFL Cup Quarter-Final and the FA Cup 4th Round. The team is now on a winning streak in the league of three matches with clean sheets kept in all of those matches and 9 goals being scored. They come into this game having lost just 3 of their 16 home league games this season and have won 3 of their last 4 league matches at home.

Southend could hardly be more contrasting in their fortunes this season. Sol Campbell took the reigns on 23rd October, 2019 and despite his best efforts and a slight resurgence over Christmas and the New Year, the team remains deep in relegation trouble. It's now five defeats in the league on the bounce and three straight away losses in the league. A 2nd Round exit in the EFL Cup and 1st Round loss in the FA Cup to non-league Dover means that the fans haven't even had a cup run to keep their spirits up.

The bookies, ELO ratings, and statistics firmly support a home win and I have to back that. It seems that even though they suffered cup distractions and had to sell a couple of their star players in January, Robinson has managed to keep the squad united and in form. I'm going to have to back them to get the win and add further misery onto Southend's season that looks set to end in relegation.

Oxford HT/FT @ 1.87 with BetVictor

Oxford -1 @ 1.80 with Paddy Power

Colchester vs Cheltenham

League Two had a few teams that were vying for my attention this week but through the crowd I thought that the best chance of value would be in this game between Colchester and Cheltenham in a 3pm GMT kick-off at the Colchester Community Stadium. Both teams are right in the mix for the play-offs and even potentially automatic promotion so this could be a humdinger.

Colchester are in 6th place and 8 points off the automatic promotion spots but only just inside the play-off places on goal difference. John McGreal has kept his side in the hunt but things have started going a bit awry lately. 3 defeats from their last 5 league games hasn't been ideal but the 2-1 win away to Salford in their last game steadied the ship. Home form hasn't been great this season either with just 9 wins from their 17 home league games but just 1 loss from their last 10 home league games suggests they're making the Colchester Community Stadium a bit of a fortress.

Cheltenham head into this game situated one place above their opponents in 5th place and just 3 points outside the automatic promotion spots. Michael Duff (tip of the hat to old school Championship Manager fans that remember!) is managing the club to a decent period with 4 straight wins in the league. Turning draws into wins away from home has been an issue with the club drawing 8 of their 17 away games in the league.

I was initially drawn towards a home win for this one. The ELO ratings have backed Colchester's performances at home over recent months but because Cheltenham are in such a hot run of form it seems naive to bet against them. The draw now feels like the best value option. I'm not sure either side will be disappointed with that and it keeps them both in the mix.

Draw @ 3.34 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.95 with Sportingbet