** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - March 2 - March 8

WTA Monterrey
Tamara Zidansek - Anastasia Potapova [email protected] pinnacle /flat 10u/

I have lost against Zidansek last week, but Juvan played really nothing special and she played not well also here. So I am not changing anything on my Tamaras estimations yet as her record on hard is still horrible on hardcourt on WTA level. Zidansek after that win lost to home wild card Zarazua. Here she won with Azarenka, who played first match after 7 months and it wasnt good at all. 

I like the way Potapova is playing this year.  10-5 record is good with several solid wins. She won Schmiedlova and Maria in Acapulco, who are both defence minded players, same as Gatto yesterday and tomorrow it will be similar story with Zidansek.

I think Tamara will hate this match up and she will have lot of problems to defend big shots from Potapova, who is in good form and very dangerous this year on hardcourt. Wouldnt not give more than 1,5 on the russian. GL

Alizé Cornet to beat Camila Giorgi at 2.07 with Unibet

See no reason not to back Alizé her except the record that says Camila has won 4 times in a row in this matchup. Alizé won the first two meetings and Alizé has a good momentum going on now after St. Petersburg where she did well enough to win 3 matches and finallyt lost to Maria Sakkari in 2 but it's looking all right with Alizé in Lyon having won her first match 7-5 6-0. Camila hasn't really found any form so far so it feels like Alizé finally could beat Camila again after 4 consecutive losses in this matchup.

3 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Alizé Cornet to beat Camila Giorgi at 2.07 with Unibet

See no reason not to back Alizé her except the record that says Camila has won 4 times in a row in this matchup. Alizé won the first two meetings and Alizé has a good momentum going on now after St. Petersburg where she did well enough to win 3 matches and finallyt lost to Maria Sakkari in 2 but it's looking all right with Alizé in Lyon having won her first match 7-5 6-0. Camila hasn't really found any form so far so it feels like Alizé finally could beat Camila again after 4 consecutive losses in this matchup.

Well what can I say.. After seeing this match I realize what a huge mistake I made by betting on Cornet. Now I understand why Alizé has lost 5 in a row to Camila. Alizé had no matchpoints and only got as close as 4-5 in second set tie-break but at that point she made a double fault so instead of 4-6 and 2 matchpoints it's 5-5 and Camila right after minibreaks again to get the only setpoint she needed. Alizé had 3 breakpoints in the hole match. Camila was just outstanding when serving and Alizé can't handle Camilas serve.

Edited by four-leaf

Yafan Wang vs Astra Sharma

Somehow in these difficult times, it is quite important to ensure that dinner is properly cooked before delivering to the meal table. I really hate the nearly syndrome especially being a firm believer that there is no such thing as a near miss, especially believing this indulgence being more spiritual than mathematical. Sometimes it can really be energy sapping fighting against these forces unknown, which is why tipsters most times just withdraw from the madness of constantly having to look silly. Lol!

Wang in truth is a progressive youngster good enough to ply her trade among the elite of the sport as can be seen from her record. She has not really found any sort of form yet this season especially with her failure to defend Acapulco. I still feel that she is like a pedigree horse still searching for good ground to make her final assault as she enters the final furlong. She just will not find racing room, which brings me to Sharma. Sharma is good enough to take advantage of the opportunity especially as she has played enough warm up matches to get into some kind of groove. No no no. I never said Sharma will win. You all know me and how meticulously circumspect I can be with releasing the final verdict. Hahaha. Verdict: Sharma +5.5 games handicap (Alternative handicap) paddy power 1/2. Good luck all.

Edited by liquidglass

Leylah Annie Fernandez to beat Sloane Stephens at 1.67 with 888

Leylah comes here in a very good form. She did Final in Acapulco winning against Cabrera, Lepchenko, Stojanovic, Hibino, Potapova and Zarazua without dropping a single set. Stephens is absolutely out of form and here she has won her first match since October. Anyway, she has suffered a lot against an unknown player and I don't see her going too far here. Despite her age, Leylah has already achieved some big wins recently and I see her winning this one considering Sloane's form.

2 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Somehow in these difficult times, it is quite important to ensure that dinner is properly cooked before delivering to the meal table. I really hate the nearly syndrome especially being a firm believer that there is no such thing as a near miss, especially believing this indulgence being more spiritual than mathematical. Sometimes it can really be energy sapping fighting against these forces unknown, which is why tipsters most times just withdraw from the madness of constantly having to look silly. Lol!

giphy.gif

To remain undoubtedly within the rules of this forum I am not going to address anyone by quotes  So whoever this pertains to, consider it a reply. Am I stupid or something? No. Because I am confident that I know what I am doing. Stupidity is doing the same thing every day and expecting a different result or rather a varied mixture of results. I can boldly defend any statement I make by the consistency in my results. I am not looking to be popular or loved, In fact, I get my buzz from the one that is bold enough to rise me to a challenge. This seeming bitterness has being ongoing. I would rather you proved yourself with your pen. It is just a pity that I take delight in what I do and I make no apologies. 

@liquidglass Yes, you are.
You have been comenting a lot of posts of mine making ridicolous statements. Like when you said that my reasons to betting for Moutet (vs. Monteiro) and Londero (vs. Cecchinato) where foolish. I remember you saying that you were 100% sure that both or one of them would not win (and both won...:ok). Don't you see how stupid you are...? Saying you are 100 % sure about a couple of bets on a betting forum...? I can lose some predictions but you will never see me saying I'm 100 % about a bet. Imagine how many people followed you just because you said you were 100 % sure. Since that moment I have seen you comenting 2 or 3 times more times and doing it always with a lot of arrogance. 

Viktoria Kuzmova to beat Tereza Martincova at 2.45 with Parions Sport

A bet a little daring when we see the shape of the Slovak for some times but Im hopeful that she will regain her best level soon and why not starting here with 2 first opponents relatively below her potential level. We must not forget that she was at the gates of the top 40 not so long ago and if she manages to regain confidence in her serve she can go far in this tournament.

Edited by FrenchPunter

@Darkness It is not surprising that in defence of yourself you have suddenly resorted to making spurious statements in a bid to acquire a face lift. (I have been commenting on lots of your posts?) Really? On second thoughts, I do not think I can rely on the definition of the word stupid from someone whose name aptly embodies the yolk of stupidity.

It has been said severally on this forum that there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone else”s opinion as long as it is done in a nice and respectable way. I also do not think that I would have unreasonably  committed any of those allegations you have made without being flagged down appropriately by the moderator who for most of the time has always been eagle-eyed on comments made here.  I believe you just have a “complex” problem which you need to address. You can start by getting some light.Lol)

Just to let you know, I have now being on this forum for years equivalent to the total number of posts that you have written in your short time here. In that time, we have all come to realise that every tipster here has a peculiar style of writing which we have all gotten used to over the years. It is just simply recognised as a trademark signature of the individual tipster. You could rightfully associate my style of writing with arrogance if you want to,  however it is only a way of spicing things up by throwing in a bit of humour every now and then.  In my opinion as a tipster, you should only post tips that you are very positive about, as opposed to posting as a substitute for boredom or having nothing better in life to do. So when I say I am 100% sure of my tips, it is simply a figure of speech articulated by my somewhat aggressive style of writing to show passion for what I do. I never really imagined that you would be stupid enough to take me up on that point. That is why I call myself “Minty Punter”. You really do not need wisdom to know that mints will always provide you with a twist of pepperiness. 

3 hours ago, FrenchPunter said:

Viktoria Kuzmova to beat Tereza Martincova at 2.45 with Parions Sport

A bet a little daring when we see the shape of the Slovak for some times but Im hopeful that she will regain her best level soon and why not starting here with 2 first opponents relatively below her potential level. We must not forget that she was at the gates of the top 40 not so long ago and if she manages to regain confidence in her serve she can go far in this tournament.

Having seen this I can say that Viktoria will go out in the next round if she's playing the same game as today. Viktoria was a UE machine but her serve and shotmaking saved her in third set. Because Tereza lacks weapons so she doesn't hit many winners and it costs her in the long run and that's part of why she never has entered top 100.

WTA Lyon
Sofia Kenin - Jaqueline Adina Cristian [email protected] pinnacle /flat 10u/

I really dont understand why Kenin is in Lyon indoors, while sunshine double starts next week. I bet on low motivation of Kenin here, who won first round with Diatchenko, and that might be all she wanted here. Really cant see her going deep here and have 2-3 days to practice at home  + jetlag.

Cristian caught great form indoors, title in Trnava, in Macon she lost to later winner Dodin in tight fight and here she lost 10 games only in three matches. Ofcourse she met neither player of Kenins quality.

For me the odds should be much closer, Kenin will surely not give 100%, she is playing rarely indoors and her opponent is in great mood right now. Ofcourse if I am wrong and Kenin will fight on maximum, those odds are about correct, but still not without chances. GL

Anna-Lena Friedsam to beat Kristina Mladenovic at 2.40 with Parions Sport

Friedsam seems to be gradually returning to her best level (45th) for almost 1 year after having suffered of multiple injuries. After winning an ITF title last September, she managed to beat Bencic in Linz before being eliminated by Rybakina (in 3 sets despite everything). For her part, Mladenovic seemed rather feverish against Pasquet while she is usually comfortable facing her compatriots (1 defeat in 9 matchs). The odd of the German is logically high because she has already lost against the French on grass 4 years ago and because she is much lower ranked but I think that her striking power will do a lot of damage on i.hard & we could see a totally different revenge here.

2 hours ago, Toptipsters said:

WTA Lyon
Sofia Kenin - Jaqueline Adina Cristian [email protected] pinnacle /flat 10u/

I really dont understand why Kenin is in Lyon indoors, while sunshine double starts next week. I bet on low motivation of Kenin here, who won first round with Diatchenko, and that might be all she wanted here. Really cant see her going deep here and have 2-3 days to practice at home  + jetlag.

Cristian caught great form indoors, title in Trnava, in Macon she lost to later winner Dodin in tight fight and here she lost 10 games only in three matches. Ofcourse she met neither player of Kenins quality.

For me the odds should be much closer, Kenin will surely not give 100%, she is playing rarely indoors and her opponent is in great mood right now. Ofcourse if I am wrong and Kenin will fight on maximum, those odds are about correct, but still not without chances. GL

This is a perfect example of a good bet that was worth taking but which still lost. Sometimes that's what happens unfortunately - good bets can lose and conversely bad bets can win. The rationale was spot-on and for very nearly two sets Kenin looked like she really wasn't bothered about winning - she gave up a break advantage twice in the first set, spurned a set point at the end of the set and then lost the set on a tie-break having led by a mini-break before failing to convert a break point in the second set and being broken in the very next game. It was almost as though with the losing line in sight as Cristian served for the match she decided that actually she'd rather not lose the match, but after watching that performance it's hard to see her winning in the next round and not because she's not able to but because her focus is elsewhere.

Oceane Dodin (+4.0 Games) to beat Sofia Kenin at 1.91 with betfair

Dodin is a great indoor player. She has her best record on this surface (W/L record: 131-58) and she has won 11 matches this year. The last week she won in Macon and she reached the QFs in St Petersburg where she won against Gracheva, Ferro, Kuzmova and Konta without dropping a single set. She finally lost against Rybakina but she took a set from her. She has played a lot of matches in the last days but the retirement of Teichmann will give her an extra day for recovering. Kenin won her first match since the AO against Diatchenko. She has never achieved good results on indoors (7-6). The best result she has achieved on this surface was in Quebec (2016) where she reached the SFs, losing against Pegula. Today she could have lost against Jaqueline (the rumanian was serving for the match in the second set but she finally choked). 

Viktoria Kuzmova to beat Anna-Lena Friedsam at 2.40 with Parions Sport 

Friedsam was very impressive in power and aggressiveness against Mladenovic while managing the stress of having the public against her. However, as I said before, Kuzmova seems to be at a descent level again and has already beaten the German in the same conditions in straight sets at Linz in 2017. It is certainly a risky bet because the Slovak's level wasn't as high as her opponent of the day but in women's tennis everything is possible and sometimes you just have to follow your guts without thinking too much.. :hope

Daria Kasatkina/Camila Giorgi over 12.5 games first set at 8.00 with Unibet

I see a relatively big chance of a tie-break between these two. Camilas serve is working like a charm that mutch I know and I think Darias game this week works well enough for her  this week to hold serve in curcial moments. 8.00 is a bit to high price for a tie-break to happen in first set.

just finished watching svitolina vs fernandez. probably not the most innovative call, but i can't see anyone beating sviti in monterrey. she is not at peak performance, but she looks like she is on a mission in mexico. she served pretty well and played great points under pressure. in the semis she will play rus or peterson and in the final bouzkova or konta. the first three will be schooled and konta is 0-5 h2h vs svitolina. plus she has a great coach with andrew bettles who is always is on point with his advices and is able to calm her down. svitolina to win monterrey, no idea what the odds will be. good luck!

/edit: played this at 2.53 with bet365

Zvonareva - Doi / Tennis WTA Indian Wells / Zvonareva +1.5 Sets @ 1.22 / Walkover ?
Elina Svitolina / Tennis WTA Monterrey / To Win Outright @ 2.10 / Won ?

Edited by kedbet

Anna-Lena Friedsam to beat Sofia Kenin at 3.25 with Parions Sport

I don't like to bet against Kenin because even when she plays badly and her opponent deserves the victory, she managed to win by I don't know by what miracle. However, you are getting to know me now and you can easily imagine that I will not pass up on such an attractive odd, especially in a period when luck smiles on me. In addition, I am hopeful that the German will win her 1st WTA title of her career given the level of power and mentality she has shown here from the start. If she dominates the pressure due to this final by continuing to offer her game that is both aggressive and varied, she will be able to defeat the American who suffered throughout this tournament being saved by her lucky star many times..