** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday Feb 19th

Greedy today going for 2 meetings on the distances

7 races at Ludlow and a couple look like they could be wide margin winners so going over.

At Doncaster its all about the Hunter Chase, if that doesnt turn into a precession we should be safe going on the middles spread.

Ludlow:  Over 43.25 lengths at 13/8
Doncaster:  between 28.25 and 42 lengths 7/4

2:50 Doncaster looks wide open but I like a low weight in the conditions (soft, galloping track, staying trip) and Shah and Shah should be well suited. Doesn't look a world beater and started long odds in all starts so far but didn't do much wrong last time and looks sure to run his race (17/2 Marathon bet, 8/1 general). The fav looked like he was going to win smoothly last time but took a while to pick up and made fairly hard work of it in the end, but an obvious chance again.

3:55 Doncaster also wide open, veterans chase. Could make a case for any of them but I'm going for the low weight angle again. Potters Legend won a 30k pot a couple of years ago, missed 18 months then proved as good as ever when 3rd at Cheltenham in November, broke a blood vessel last time but If he's in one piece should go well, likes these conditions and had a decent run at the track 5/1.

Small stakes on both for me.