** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 21st & 22nd

Derby County vs Fulham FC

Derby County

Doubtful: Andre Wisdom (12/0 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Duane Holmes (28/2 m), Tom Huddlestone (11/1 m), Krystian Bielik (20/0 d), George Evans (11/0 m)

Suspended: -

Fulham FC

Doubtful: Harrison Reed (17/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Terence Kongolo (1/0 d), Alfie Mawson (27/0 d), Maxime Le Marchand (8/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Derby vs Fulham

The Championship is an absolute minefield when it comes to betting and recent weeks have shown exactly with everybody beating everybody. The promotion race has been blown wide open and yet again we are faced with a match that could have a huge say in the fate of the top two automatic promotion spots when Derby host Fulham in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off this Friday night at Pride Park.

Derby appear to enjoying a sort of resurgence since the signing of Wayne Rooney. The ex-England captain has helped the Rams rise to 13th in the table and just 9 points off the pace of the play-offs after they had previously been battling to avoid a relegation dog fight. Unfortunately, things have stuttered recently with the 3-2 loss away to Bristol City and the 1-1 draw at home to Huddersfield. Although it can be argued that the Derby performances in those games were far from disappointing. Phillip Cocu's side have been excellent at home over recent weeks with them now moving into 2nd in the Championship home form table behind only Preston. It's now just 1 defeat in their last 14 home league games.

Fulham's promotion charge is at full speed right now. Scott Parker's side are in 3rd place and have closed the gap on the top two to just 3 points now. The Cottagers suffered a shock 3-0 defeat at home to Barnsley on the weekend and that brought to an end their 6 game unbeaten streak in the league. Fulham's away form has been left wanting with just 6 wins coming from their 16 away league games this season. However, they are undefeated in their last 5 away league games.

Derby come into this game knowing they've only won 1 of the last 5 meetings between these two clubs but that win did come in the last meeting at Pride Park. It's a tough game to call with neither side in fantastic recent form. My gut instinct is a draw but I think Parker will be looking for a reaction to their loss last week because it was so bad. I think I'm going to bottle that pick though because of the ELO ratings and compromise on a score draw.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.72 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

I grabbed Nott Forest at evens. I feel they are the only promotion fighter this week that actually offers some value. Really weird they lost against Charlton after Leeds game, but yeah, this is Championship, Fulham lost against Barnsley 3:0, like what the actual fcuk

I really feel Forest and Fulham will play on Wembley in the end, if Leeds not decide to slip again

17 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Been kicking myself (literally) all week for not cashing out when Swansea took the lead against Hull last week. Still gutted...

But will oppose Hull again as they looked there for the taking. Brentford and Leeds should both win at home and the short priced treble pays almost 5/2.

Mate, don't beat yourself up about it. I don't think you're the only one who thought Swansea would hold on having turned it around. How many times does the team that pinches the lead from behind late on go on to win? 95% of the time. I still think you'd do the same thing if it happened again and you'd probably win next time.

Stoke vs Cardiff

OK, so I'm a little bit annoyed that Cardiff drew against Wigan last weekend because it was an awful refereeing display that saw us disallowed a goal that was a soft foul at best and had a penalty given against us that was harsh. Still, that's the game and I won't dwell on it. We go again this week with my beloved Bluebirds travelling to Stoke for this 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Bet365 Stadium.

Stoke just don't seem able to put their relegation worries behind them. Michael O'Neill appeared to be a shrewd appointment but it's an arduous process for the Potters right now. O'Neill's men are in 21st place and only 3 points above the relegation zone with the likes of Wigan, Luton, and Barnsley behind them still fighting relentlessly in every game. Form had looked like improving with an unbeaten run of 4 league games in January but it's now 3 defeats from their last 4 league games that has seen them get sucked back into the quagmire at the bottom of the table.

Cardiff are still doing enough to stay in touch with the teams in the play-off chase. For all the disappointment of failing to win last weekend, Neil Harris's men are 9th in the table and just 3 points off the play-off pace. It's a position none of us City fans thought we'd be in and there's still plenty of time for us to mess it up. We are enjoying a solid run at the moment though with 7 games unbeaten in the league. That includes back-to-back wins on the road against teams down the wrong end of the table.

I'm a little cautious to see how our players react after the Wigan game. It was a demoralising blow but we didn't lose and that's the key factor. Stoke are a team that have only lost 1 of their last 7 league games at home so this won't be easy. I'm not confident we can win and I do fear we are due a loss but I have to back us to take at least a point given our current performance levels.

Draw @ 3.50 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.00 with Sportingbet

Birmingham vs Sheffield Wednesday

Well, that was a nice positive start to the weekend last night with both of the bets coming in. Lovely stuff. Hopefully, Cardiff can continue that and so will this game. It's Pep Clotet versus Garry Monk. Sorry, I mean Birmingham versus Sheffield Wednesday. Kick-off is 3pm on Saturday afternoon at St Andrew's and enough has been made about the hatred the two managers have for each other to make this a tasty affair.

Birmingham are looking resurgent under Clotet over recent weeks. The January signing of striker Scott Hogan was a master stroke with the Republic of Ireland international bagging 3 goals in his 4 appearances since his move from Aston Villa. Unfortunately, he's a major doubt for this game which could play a huge factor in the outcome of the game. The Blues are in 14th place and unbeaten in 7 league games. One eye will undoubtedly be on the play-offs but they'll need to keep winning to stand any hope of making up the 9 point deficit. Birmingham have won their last three home league games against Wednesday but have only won 1 of their last 9 home league matches.

Sheffield Wednesday have become the butt of a lot of jokes lately with memes and gifs popping up about the EFL not punishing them with a points deduction because Monk will ensure they get relegated on his own. It's a sad state of affairs with the club having previously looked like play-off contenders now down in 13th place and without a win in 6 league games only scoring 2 goals during that barren run. The imminent return of striker Steven Fletcher could help remedy that but is this game too early?

This is a fascinating encounter with so much vitriol involved. Both managers are playing down the personal rivalry but it's clear it will still be evident. Birmingham are the team in form right now and the ELO ratings are backing them slightly. I'm wondering if Monk's determination to get one over on the man he claimed "snaked him" (even though I'm fairly sure Monk was guilty of exactly the same to Michael Laudrup at Swansea?) may see his spur his team on to a draw. I'd ideally like to wait and see team news but I don't have that luxury today. If Hogan plays I think Birmingham will win. If he doesn't then it's more likely to be a draw.

Draw @ 3.30 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.95 with Marathonbet