** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NIFL & Cymru Premier Predictions > Feb 14th & 15th

I'm going for a treble this week at just under 11/10

Ballymena (lost last 6 games) v LINFIELD (WON 4-1)(Top of league and best team in league) @1.20 

GLENTORAN (0-0 draw) @1.22 Solid home form of 10-2-2 (+23 GD) which is excellent home form considering that they lost at home last time to 2nd in league Coleraine. Carrick shouldn't prove too much of an obsticle to getting back to winning ways.

CONNAH'S QUAY (WON 4-0)@1.40 - Home form 8-3-0 (GD+14). They have won 9 of their last 10 home games with the other being a draw against T.N.S so look solid. Caernarfon have lost 5 of their last 6.

---------------

Of the other games, Warrenpoint v Institute is a bottom of the table clash, both teams have only scored 20 goals in 28 games, so perhaps a low scoring game but I could not back either team to win. (2-2)

Larne (Won 2-0)(won 5 of last 6) look best away to Dungannon but the skinny odds are no value at all.

Bala are having a good season but T.N.S could prove too strong. (1-1)

Newtown v Barry is a potential draw for me at 3.40.  Newtown are inconsistent, and Barry had a great start to the season but are becoming inconsistent themselves.

Edited by Bang on
scores added

Bala Town vs TNS

The Cymru Premier enters its second round of games since the division split. It was a bit of a shock weekend last time out with the league leaders TNS losing 2-1 at home to Newtown so I'm going to back the reigning champions to get back to winning ways in this potentially tricky away trip to Bala Town with the match being televised at Maes Tegid as an 8pm GMT kick-off on Friday night on S4C.

Bala Town will be pleased with their efforts so far this season with the club in 3rd place in the league. Colin Caton's men are 5 points behind 2nd placed Connah's Quay and that much sought after automatic Europa League qualification spot. Home form has been decent for the Snowdonia National Park outfit with 7 wins from their 11 home league games. The 2-1 win away to Caernarfon last weekend was a huge statement and they'll be looking to build on that win here.

TNS had appeared to be strolling to another league title as they headed into the second phase of the season but the surprise loss to Newtown last week has thrown those prospects all over the shop. Scott Ruscoe will be demanding a reaction from his team in this game but it won't be easy. TNS have only lost 2 of their 11 away league matches this season and before last weekend's loss had won 5 games on the bounce. In fact, the last time they faced defeat on the road in the league was way back on 4th October when they lost 1-0 to Caernarfon.

I have to back TNS for the win in this one. The odds do favour them perhaps slightly more favourably than I would have liked but it's still OK value given the likelihood of the victory. Bala Town have the motivation of aiming for that elusive second place so I'm expecting them to come out all guns blazing but that could suit TNS. It will be a difficult game but the away win seems worth backing.

TNS to Win @ 1.77 with MoPlay

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.73 with William Hill

I'm on an awful run since Christmas, but here I am for another go.

I'm on a treble of Connah's Quay, Cefn Druids, and Aberystwyth, which pays 217/100 with Sky.  I was also going to do a double on the two home sides in the south tonight, but they came in too much before I placed it.

Abetystwyth v Airbus:  I've talked Aberystwyth up since seeing their new look side tonk Caernarfon last month, but they haven't really lived up to that since.  However, they should still have too much for bottom club Airbus and I think evens is a good shout.

Connah's Quay v Caernarfon:  I agree with @Bang on that Connah's Quay should have too much for Caernarfon, whose form is wretched at the moment, and who haven't travelled well at any stage.

Bala v TNS:  Again, I go along with @StevieDay1983's preview.  I'll be there (weather permitting) cheering on Bala, but more in hope than expectation.

Carmarthen v Cardiff Met:  I fancy Cardiff Met as a significantly better side, and if they were at home I've taken it but away I'd want a little longer than evens

Cefn Druids v Penybont:  The Druids made up ground after a disappointing start to the season, and ended up just short of the top six.  They're my tip for seventh and the final Europa league qualifying place, and should have enough for this visitors.

Newtown v Barry:  Like @Bang on I can't separate them.  Barry looked a class side when I saw them draw at Bala but they've struggled since and the inconsistenct of both sides puts me off.

My wife is working this weeked so it's Bala tonight, then Porthmadog tomorrow to cheer them on in their relegation struggle, or possibly Bangor to see leaders Prestatyn if Porth's game gats called off.

Edited by Wiltshire Shot
Typos