** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 14th & 15th

Hull vs Swansea

Well, this was the first game I wanted to cover because of the game I watched in midweek and @yossa6133 has briefly touched upon it above. It's Hull versus Swansea in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off this Friday night at the KCOM Stadium in the Championship. Neither side is setting the world alight right now but will one of these two teams walk away with all three points?

Hull have been atrocious since they sold Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki to West Ham and West Brom respectively on transfer deadline day. It was essentially a statement by the club confirming that they have no ambition to earn promotion from the second tier of English football for the time being. However, they need to be careful because the Tigers are in 15th place and only 10 points above the relegation zone. It's now 5 losses and 1 draw from their 6 league games in 2020. If this form continues then it won't only be their hopes of Premier League football that are vanishing but also their aspirations to remain in this division.

Swansea are a team that have also been struggling in recent weeks. Steve Cooper's men are now positioned in 10th in the league table but remain just 6 points outside the play-off places. Their game against QPR on Tuesday night was one of the most turgid games of football I've watched but they still showed glimpses of a team that is trying to do the right thing. Clearly, confidence and self belief is an issue so this could be the exact sort of game the players need to get their season back on track. Four league games without a win has seen the Swans drop off the promotion pace and they haven't won a league game at Hull since 4th April, 2015. All that being said, they do know how to grind out results on the road having only lost 3 of their 15 away league games.

I'm swaying between this game ending in a draw and Swansea sneaking the win. Both teams are lacking that bit of quality and cutting edge at the moment. I do feel Swansea's situation is temporary and they've still got match winners such as Andre Ayew, Rhian Brewster, and Yan Dhanda as their attacking options. In contrast, Hull sold two of their best attacking outlets and you have to question if Marcus Maddison from Peterborough and James Scott from Motherwell are adequate replacements in the short-term. I think Swansea could scrape the win here.

Swansea to Win @ 2.32 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with Bet365

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Hull City conceded at least 1 goal in 75% of their home matches in Championship.
Swansea City have scored in 73% of their away matches in Championship.
Hull City have lost their last 4 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 40 Football Betting Streaks for 14.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-02-2020-17784

I don't know so much about the championship so maybe someone with better knowledge of the division can tell me why are Bristol City at such a big price?  They are only 3 points behind Leeds, and it is well documented that Leeds form is not so good for the past couple of months now, whereas Bristol City are generally in good form.  

I know the championship is a division where anyone can beat anyone, so taking recent form into account, surely Bristol City have a better chance of winning this one than the odds imply?  9s just seems a massive price.

West Brom vs Nottingham Forest

The outrageous Championship promotion race roller coaster is set to take another twist this weekend when West Brom play Nottingham Forest in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off at the Hawthorns on Saturday afternoon. Both teams are right in the mix for the automatic promotion spots but their aspirations of Premier League football next season could receive a huge boost or blow by the time this game is done.

West Brom have been sitting in the top two for the majority of the season but a recent dip in form has seen a mammoth lead at the top-end of the table reduced to 6 points. Three wins on the bounce in the league has helped to stabilise their position at the top of the table but with teams taking points off each other every week the promotion race is far from a conclusive outcome. The Baggies have only lost 2 of their 15 league games at home this season but have won 7 and drawn 6. Two clean sheets in their last three league games also shows that they've tightened things up at the back.

Nottingham Forest find themselves in 5th place but just 2 points off the automatic promotion spots. Sabri Lamouchi has done a cracking job for the Tricky Trees with the club going on an unbeaten run of 7 league games before losing 2 of their last 3 league matches. Just 3 league defeats on the road shows that the team has made themselves a tough side to beat on their travels. 5 of their last 7 league games have seen less than 2.5 goals scored so we could see a tight game here.

A draw seems like an outcome that neither side would be entirely unhappy with. West Brom are starting to find their form again now. I was impressed with the character they showed in awful conditions and in an intimidating atmosphere away to Millwall. It shows that Slaven Bilic has instilled a strong back bone and that makes them favourites to go up automatically for me now. I think they'll win this one and further cement their place at the top of the Championship table.

West Brom to Win @ 1.75 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.01 with VBet

Cardiff City vs Wigan Athletic

Cardiff City

Doubtful: Brad Smith (0/0 d, newcomer)

Out (injuries/other): Joe Ralls (15/5 m, 2nd top scorer), Matthew Connolly (0/0 d), Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (19/2 f), Isaac Vassell (2/1 f)

Suspended: -

Wigan Athletic

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Antonee Robinson (29/1 d), Kieran Dowell (3/0 m), Danny Fox (6/0 d), Dujon Sterling (8/0 d)

Suspended: Cheyenne Dunkley (25/6 d, top scorer)

Middlesbrough vs Luton Town

Middlesbrough

Doubtful: George Friend (2/0 d, captain, probably in), Ryan Shotton (13/0 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Patrick Roberts (3/0 m), Daniel Ayala (25/2 d), Anfernee Dijksteel (12/0 m)

Luton Town

Doubtful: Martin Cranie (11/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Eunan O’Kane (0/0 m), Brendan Galloway (3/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Birmingham City have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Championship.
33% of Wigan Athletic’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Charlton conceded at least 1 goal in 75% of their home matches in Championship.
Blackburn have scored in each of their last 9 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 83 Football Betting Streaks for 15.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-02-2020-17799

Cardiff vs Wigan

Right, I certainly didn't see that 3-0 win away to Huddersfield coming in midweek and that result shows how quickly football can change. Cardiff fans are now becoming more optimistic that maybe, just maybe, we can gatecrash the promotion race. Up next we face Wigan in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Cardiff City Stadium. It'll be during the midst of Storm Dennis but how will both teams adapt to the treacherous conditions?

Cardiff looked all at sea a few weeks ago but the sweeping changes made by Neil Harris appear to be working brilliantly. The defence has been solidified with the introduction of Sean Morrison and Jazz Richards in for Aden Flint and Lee Peltier. Our midfield has been given a makeover with Josh Murphy and Will Vaulks coming in. We've then got Callum Paterson playing more and getting those ugly goals that make the difference when you're grafting at this level. It's now 6 league games unbeaten and the Bluebirds still boast one of the best home records in the division having only lost 1 of their 15 home league matches all season.

Wigan are in a very precarious position in the Championship. The Latics are in 22nd place and now 4 points adrift of safety. Paul Cook's men are still fighting to the bitter end though. Just 1 loss in their last 4 league matches has just about kept them in touch with the main pack. Their past two games of the 2-1 loss to Preston and the 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough saw them needing to get back into the game after their performance levels dropped. It's these lapses that are proving costly. Just 2 wins in their 16 away league matches this season is grim reading.

I will always back Cardiff to get something at home. Until recently, I wasn't sure if that was a win or a draw but after the tinkering to the tactics that Harris has implemented I feel we are good value to take all 3 points in this game. There is a feeling that we could possibly sneak into the play-offs now we're in 8th place and only 4 points off the pace. We're not expecting anything though but maybe that's what makes us so dangerous. I think we'll bumble to a win in this one.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.11 with VBet

Anytime Scorer: Callum Paterson @ 4.50 with Bet365