** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Feb 14th - 17th

Wolves vs Leicester

The Premier League winter break continues into this weekend with a reduced schedule but that doesn't mean we don't have lots to contemplate. Six matches coming up and our focus turns to the Friday night kick-off at 8pm GMT between Wolves and Leicester at Molineux. The odds contrast the ELO ratings so which way do we call this one between two sides that have had very positive seasons so far.

Wolves currently sit in 9th place but are only 6 points off the pace of the Champions League qualification places. Nuno Santo was being linked to the vacant Arsenal managerial post earlier in the season and it's easy to see why. Recent form has dipped with the club only managing 1 win in their last 6 league games and that has been a theme with their home form too with just 1 win coming from their last 4 home league games. To add further woe to the statistical build-up to this game, Wolves have only won 1 of their last 5 meetings with Leicester.

Leicester continue to exceed expectations this season. Brendan Rodgers has done a terrific job at the Foxes with the club now in 3rd place and 10 points inside the Champions League qualification spots. The Foxes have been stumbling lately with just 1 win in their last 4 league games but they've arrested the blip of two defeats by going two league games unbeaten. Only Liverpool and Manchester City have won more games on the road than Leicester this season.

This one is too tight to call. Neither side is currently hitting the heights that they've hit earlier in the season. Yet they remain two sides that are capable of going toe-to-toe with even the best sides in the division. The most logical outcome for me is a draw. I was tempted to put my faith in the ELO ratings and back an away win but Wolves raise their game against the teams above them and I think that'll see the two teams settle for a point each.

Draw @ 3.40 with Boylesports

BTTS @ 1.80 with Betfair

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadam, @bettingfellow, @ivanhoe, @Charon84, @Costanzi84, @Ryanpeteand @AndreBR.

I strongly fancy spurs to beat Villa and odds of around 1.9 to do so are quite appealing.  Spurs have an excellent record against Villa over the last decade or so (haven't lost at Villa Park since 2008), and I think now the squad is finally a bit more settled and getting used to Mourinho's way of playing.  With the break, the players should be well rested, and will be looking to get into form ahead of the CL game against Leipzig on Wednesday.  Villa let in goals for fun, and even though Kane is still missing, spurs front players have more than enough to grab a few goals here.  I'm going to be a bit greedy and go for spurs to lead at half time and win at full time at 3s, as this is the first game in a long time that I've really fancied Spurs chances of winning the game.  

Also, honestly, this is not my anti-arsenal bias, but how Arsenal can be priced at 1.4 is beyond me.  This has surely been priced up on reputation from past seasons.  They've only won 6 of 25 PL games all season.  Newcastle are level on points with Arsenal and have won one more PL game than Arsenal.  Newcastle +1 can be had for 2.87 and that seems a good price for what based on the league table appears to be two fairly equally matched teams.  

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Wolverhampton have scored in each of their last 12 home matches in Premier League.
68% of Leicester City’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Wolverhampton have scored 34% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
66% of Wolverhampton’s conceded goals occurred in the first half in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored in each of their last 9 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 40 Football Betting Streaks for 14.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-02-2020-17784

Wolverhampton vs Leicester City

Wolverhampton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Ruben Vinagre (10/0 d)

Suspended: -

Leicester City

Doubtful: Wilfred Ndidi (21/2 m), Matthew James (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Ryan Bennett (0/0 d, loan from Wolverhampton), Nampalys Mendy (4/0 m), Daniel Amartey (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I expect both teams to score at Moulinex. In addition to the leaders of Liverpool, Wolves have scored goals in each of their last 24 Premier League games. Meanwhile, Leicester have scored six goals in their last two Premier League matches. In addition, they have Wardy, the top scorer with 17 goals. It should be an effective fight, with goals on either side
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS vs LEICESTER CITY @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

Southampton vs Burnley

The Premier League action continues into Saturday this weekend with an intriguing clash between Southampton and Burnley scheduled to take place at 12:30pm GMT at St Mary's Stadium. Both sides appear to have ease the relegation worries that plagued them earlier in the season but the threat of being dragged back into the quagmire is hard to shake. Will either side take all the spoils here?

Southampton have had a season to remember for all the right and wrong reasons. The record-breaking 9-0 loss at home to Leicester seems a lifetime ago now. Two defeats in their last three league games has halted a more positive run of form that had seen them win 4 and draw 1 of their previous 5 league matches. The Saints now sit in 13th place and they're 7 points clear of the bottom three. Ralph Hasenhuttl has done a brilliant job to turn the club's fortunes around and has Danny Ings to thank for his scoring prowess having bagged 14 league goals. However, he's not scored in their last three league games so is his purple patch now over?

Burnley are the side that keep defying the odds. Sean Dyche once again saw limited spending in the transfer windows this season but the Clarets are still 11th in the table and closer to the European qualification spots than the relegation zone. A run of three league games without loss is even more impressive due to the opponents they've faced in Leicester, Manchester United, and Arsenal. Usually, I'd say a concern is their away form but they've still earned more points on their travels than Southampton have at home.

This is a tough one to make a call on. Southampton have started to shake a little bit, the goals from Ings might have dried up, and their home form isn't overly impressive this season. However, Burnley have been far from convincing on the road but they have been playing well lately. They have failed to score in 4 of their last 7 away league games though and I think that lack of proficiency in front of goal on the road could be their restriction here. I'm tempted to back a Southampton win because the odds and ELO ratings are both in favour but I understand why someone would see the draw as better value.

Southampton to Win @ 1.80 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.91 with Betfred

Liverpool have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Southampton conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their home matches in Premier League.
71% of Burnley’s goals have been scored in the second half in Premier League.
Norwich City conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 83 Football Betting Streaks for 15.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-02-2020-17799

I think both teams will score in Carrot Road. Liverpool are the best team in the Premier League and are having a great season. The Reds have scored goals in each of the 25 games so far. So the question is for Norwich, is it able to score? I think it is. The Canaries have scored one goal in each of the six home games and I expect to continue that way. Pucci, the club's top scorer with 11 goals, managed to score at Anfield, so why not in her stadium, against the same opponents
NORWICH CITY vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.80

Arsenal have drawn their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their away matches in Premier League.
72% of Aston Villa’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Arsenal conceded at least 1 goal in 83% of their home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 69 Football Betting Streaks for 16.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-02-2020-17813

Tottenham are closer to winning this match. The Spurs have two Premier League wins, plus one in the FA Cup. The confidence of the players is higher and this fact should not be underestimated. The Villa is only one degree from the drop zone and the players are under a lot of pressure. I don't think they will escape defeat
ASTON VILLA vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, odds 1.90

32% of Chelsea’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Manchester Utd conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 37 Football Betting Streaks for 17.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-02-2020-17823

Chelsea vs Manchester United

Firstly, well done on your epic selections there, @Ryanpete! I'll let you know when I'm at a Wetherspoons and you can send a drink to my table! :lol Right, the Monday Night Football game in the Premier League this week is a big one with Chelsea taking on Manchester United in an 8pm kick-off at Stamford Bridge. This result could have a huge say on who qualifies for the Champions League this season.

Chelsea currently occupy 4th spot in the league table and with Manchester City being banned from qualifying for European football for two years pending appeal it looks like 5th place will also qualify for the Champions League. Frank Lampard's side have only won 1 of their last 5 league games but the displays in the last two draws against Arsenal and Leicester were a lot more positive. The Blues have only won 2 of their last 6 home league games so that's a concern that needs to be addressed.

Manchester United have a habit of coming good just as we write them off. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men are in 9th place and only 5 points off the pace of Tottenham and that newly available fourth Champions League spot. The Red Devils are going through one of their awful spells though with just 1 win in 5 league games and no goals scored in their last three league matches. This is when they've caught us out before though.The difference here is that their away form is terrible with just a 25% win ratio on their travels in the league.

The head-to-head statistics for this game don't read well for United fans. Chelsea have only lost 1 of their last 17 home league games against United. Neither side is instilling me with a great amount of confidence but if I'm being pushed then without Marcus Rashford I have to say that United lack that game changer up top. I'm not sure what to expect of Odion Ighalo but he won't be match fit for this level of football at the very least. I think a solid Chelsea win seems the most likely outcome.

Chelsea to Win @ 2.05 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.96 with Marathonbet