** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

First Division A Predictions > Feb 7th - 11th

Charleroi vs KV Mechelen

The Belgian First Division A action extends into Tuesday this week with games also flowing into tomorrow night so we've got a lot to get through over the next couple of days. The match coming up tonight that I'll focus on right now is between two sides that have aspirations of reaching the Play-Offs I phase. It's Charleroi versus KV Mechelen in a 7:30pm GMT kick-off later today at the Stade du Pays de Charleroi.

Charleroi are flying high in the top flight of Belgian football at the moment. Head coach Karim Belhocine's side are in 4th place. The title race might be well out of their reach but qualification for European football is certainly on the radar with the prospect of sealing a spot in Play-Offs I a very realistic proposition. Just 1 defeat in their last 15 league games is superb form heading into this game that could consolidate their spot in the top six.

KV Mechelen aren't far behind their opponents heading into this game. Manager Wouter Vrancken's men are situated in 8th position and just 3 points outside the Play-Offs I places. Only Club Brugge have won more games on the road in the league this season so they're a side that shouldn't be taken lightly as a travelling opponent. However, they are without a win in 5 matches including winter break friendlies so it might be fair to say they're in danger of forgetting how to earn that winning feeling.

I can see why Charleroi are so heavily backed by the bookies and ELO ratings. They're riding a crest of a wave in terms of their recent performances and look like a tough side to beat. Only 2 defeats in their 12 home league games this season shows how hard they are to play on their own patch. KV Mechelen may well be effective on the road but I'd be surprised if they took something from this game.

Charleroi to Win @ 1.73 with Betway

BTTS @ 1.86 with Betfair

@laprikon, @VYA, @Magic0024, @the bastardian, @ElPrincipito007, @Chaserapp, @TOTTI3, @betcatalog, and @Marc Kearney.