** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Prix

Fader

This gets underway the day after the Masters final. Matches kick-off tonight at 7pm.

Over the last 5 years, we've had 4 different winners (Trump, Murphy, Hawkins, O'Sullivan, Trump) and so it's quite an open contest. Looking at the top half, I'm going to side with Hawkins and Ali Carter. Obviously Hawkins and Carter are big prices this week and it's no surprise really as Hawkins is very hit and miss but if he turns up he is one to be reckoned with. Like in 2017 when he won this event. Even last year Hawkins got to the Semi-finals and went out to eventual Winner Trump and so he has a good record here. Carter got to the final last year also. 

In the bottom half, I'm going to side with Murphy and Gilbert. Gilbert is 40/1 in the outright market but that will all change if he beats Ronnie tonight. We know Ronnie can be hit and miss early on in tournaments. We only have to look back to 2016 (out R1 to Holt) and last year (Out R1 to Fu).

2pts E/W S.Murphy to win Grand Prix 14/1 betfred
1pt E/W D.Gilbert to win Grand Prix 40/1 bet365
1pt E/W B.Hawkins to win Grand Prix 50/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W A.Carter to win Grand Prix 66/1 william hill

Match bets :

I think it's worth a small punt on Goudong tonight. Selby is just bang out of form right now and although I would fancy him to get over the line, I can't see him winning it easy by any means. Guodong actually got the Semi-finals here last year and also the Quarter-finals the year before that.

2pts Guodong to beat M.Selby 5/2 bet365

Guodong comes through in the end. Deserved it just about. I feel alittle sorry for Selby right now. Something is not quite right with him. His head was moving all over the place on his shots and he looked really put out or tired.

Looking at tomorrow, the only bet I like is Scott Donaldson to beat Ding. Scott has already beaten Ding twice this season and recently and so although you would still expect to see Ding as the favourite, you can't be offering 7/4 on Scott.

4pts S.Donaldson to beat D.Junhui 7/4 willhill

Grand Prix bets +3pts
2020 snooker bets -8.25pts

Impressive stuff from Donaldson. Although Ding was pretty poor. Carter is just too sloppy sometimes. He really should have atleast got that to a decider.

one that I am going to have a little punt on tonight is Li Hang to get the highest break against Judd. Judd is obviously playing very well at the moment but his scoring isn't as "on-fire" as it normally is and believe it or not, in the 3 head-2-heads between Hang and Trump, Li Hang has the highest break in all 3. He also won 2 of those.

2pts Li Hang (highest break) Vs J.Trump 7/2 betfred

Grand Prix bets +9pts
2020 snooker bets -2.25pts

Ah, what a kick in the teeth that was. Hang a 129 break and then Trump hits a 138 a couple of frames later. Meanwhile, Murphy goes out lamely. He looked so poor lastnight that i was hoping he'd go through just to lay him in next round. The outrights are very much cursed right now and I'm assuming Hawkins will be the next to perish but nevertheless I like 4 today. I'm taking 2 of them and going for my first little accy of the tournament.

First up Xintong to beat Bingtao. Xintong is a real talent and has been playing really well recently. Bingtao hasn't played asmuch snooker as Xintong recently and the last time we saw him, he was beaten very easily by Brecel. He's also been beaten by the out-of-form O'Connor not too long ago. We haven't seen much of since the UK Championships. The other one I like is Hawkins to beat Williams. I've mentioned how I see Williams falling out of the top 16 sooner or later and although it sounds crazy, he just doesn't look like he cares no more.

5pts Xintong to beat Y.Bingtao evens bet365
4pts B.Hawkins (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Williams 11/8 bet365
1pt Accy - Higgins/Xintong/Hawkins/K.Wilson 10/1 betfair

Grand Prix bets +7pts
2020 snooker bets -4.25pts

Barry Hawkins, I hate you! Hawkins screws up my 10/1 accy. His sh*t play along with another big Williams fluke (third this week I've had against me) to take the frame in the first. When you can't even beat a demoralised 1-footed guy who couldn't care less, who can you beat? 

2pts Guodong to beat G.Dott 6/4 bet365
2.5pts G.Wilson (-1.5 lets) to beat M.Stevens 11/10 paddypower
2.5pts M.Selt to beat T,Ford 11/10 bet365
1pt Guodong/G.Wilson -1.5 frames/Selt treble 10/1 coral

.. yes i'm steaming.

Grand Prix bets +6.25pts
2020 snooker bets -5pts

Quite a few for today that I like that the look of. First up, I'll take Scott Donaldson to beat Joe Perry. Donaldson actually has a really good recent record against Perry and he looked very good against Ding in that whitewash. Perry capatalised on a poor showing from Ali Carter. Next up, Xintong to beat Higgins. You can always rely on Bingham to turn into mush when he plays Higgins, but it hides the fact that Higgins was quite poor. Xintong will push him closer here.

I'll take Robertson and Wilson in a handicap double. I like both but the prices are not really anything to write home about. To finish, I'll take Dott in the outrights. He is playing so well right now and if he beats Ronnie his 14/1 turns into about 6/1 so I favour that then the match bet.

5pts S.Donaldson to beat J.Perry 11/10 bet365
4pts Xintong to beat J.Higgins 13/8 ladbrokes
2pt double - N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) & G.Wilson (-1.5 frames) 5/2 bet365
1pt E/W G.Dott to win The Grand Prix 14/1 bet365

Grand Prix bets +3.50pts
2020 Snooker bets -7.75pts

Poor showing. I need Dott to help me out this week.

I'm taking Higgins to beat Wilson today. You normally find after a big win (such as the one over Trump) things slip and Higgins is currently grinding away at the moment. By the same token, I'm hoping Dott keeps up the level of play this week for the outright. He is playing really well right now and I fancy him to beat Ford.

6pts J.Higgins to beat K.Wilson 5/6 bet365
6pts G.Dott (-1.5 frames) to beat T.Ford 5/6 betfair

Grand Prix bets -7.50pts
2020 Snooker bets -18.75pts

Dotty makes the final. Although I would rather him play Kyren Wilson, i just don't see it happening. I'm going for Robertson on the handicap tonight. Robertson is just smashing everybody right now and if he gets a good start, I think he can win this with a few to spare. I would expect him to win around 6-2/6-3 but I'll be safer with the -1.5 

6pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat K.Wilson 8/13

Grand Prix bets -8.50pts
2020 Snooker bets -19.75pts

Robertson comes through 6-4. The final should be quite a competitive one really aslong as Dott plays how he has done this week. Which is pretty impressive. Robertson is expected to win though and we're getting nearly evens on Dott getting to 7 frames (first to 10) which i expect him to be able to do.

6pts G.Dott (+3.5 frames) to beat N.Robertson 5/6 bet365

Grand Prix bets -4.50pts

2020 Snooker bets -15.75pts