** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 7th - 9th

Bristol City vs Birmingham

The Friday night game in the Championship this week throws us an interesting match between two sides that have got their eyes focused on opposite ends of the table as the season enters the business end of proceedings. It's Bristol City versus Birmingham in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at Ashton Gate. Can the home side improve their play-off credentials or will the away side boost their survival hopes?

Bristol City are still fighting for a place in the top six come the end of the season. Lee Johnson's men are in 6th place but it's very tight at the top. The Robins are just 3 points inside the play-off positions but now also only 5 points off the pace of the automatic promotion places. A superb run of four wins on the bounce with clean sheets kept in all four of those league games has been key to seeing the club hit form at a good time. It was a spell of results that was needed given the fact they'd lost 5 of their previous 6 league games.

Birmingham face a daunting task heading into this match. Pep Clotet's side have had periods this season where they have looked like pushing on up the table but just as you think they're gathering a head of steam they start to falter. The Blues might be in 17th place and 8 points above the relegation zone but they're now undefeated in four league matches. A word of warning for Birmingham fans though. The last time they went undefeated for four league games they then went on to lose 5 of their following 6 matches in the league. Given the fact they've only won 4 of their 15 away league games this season, I'd be surprised if their unbeaten run extended beyond this game.

I appreciate that both sides are unbeaten in recent league matches but I think Bristol City are a team on fire right now. The attacking duo of Andreas Weimann and Famara Diedhiou haven't even been firing on all cylinders lately. It's been their resolute defence that has provided the foundation for the results. Once a defensive unit starts to get into the habit of keeping clean sheets it becomes a habit that's hard to break for opposition teams. City's home form isn't amazing this season and the ELO ratings back Birmingham but I just feel when Johnson's sides get going with some momentum they are hard to stop.

Bristol City to Win @ 2.17 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.95 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

32% of Bristol City’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Birmingham City have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Bristol City have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Birmingham City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 17 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 31 Football Betting Streaks for 07.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-02-2020-17714

Bristol City vs Birmingham City

Bristol City

Doubtful: Andreas Weimann (30/9 f, top scorer), Jack Hunt (24/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Tomas Kalas (12/0 d), Marley Watkins (6/1 m), Benik Afobe (5/3 f)

Suspended: -

Birmingham City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Josh McEachran (8/0 m), Jacques Maghoma (18/1 m), Kerim Mrabti (14/2 m), Dan Crowley (24/0 m), Maikel Kieftenbeld (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Blackburn have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Wigan Athletic conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 home matches in Championship.
Preston have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Stoke City have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Charlton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 74 Football Betting Streaks for 08.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-02-2020-17728

Luton vs Cardiff

Oh, it's that time of the week again when my small buds of growing optimism are quickly stomped on mercilessly by the huge anti-climactic boots of my own team! I hope that start to this preview wasn't too down-hearted because there's a lot more where that came from coming up! It's Luton versus Cardiff in a 3pm GMT kick-off at Kenilworth Road and if you're looking for excitement then you've most definitely come to the wrong place!

Luton are looking like a team that are running out of time to keep their survival hopes alive in the Championship. Graeme Jones can't deny that his side have fought valiantly this season but the Hatters are bottom of the league table and now 7 points adrift of safety. Just 1 win in their last 10 league matches has gone some way to seeing them drop off the pace at the foot of the table. The dramatic 3-2 win over Derby in their last home game had sparked a bit of hope but that was quickly vanquished by Slaven Bilic's ruthless West Brom side last week.

Cardiff head into this game after a really diabolical trilogy of games against Reading that saw three draws contested before the FA Cup 4th Round replay was decided by a penalty shootout that Reading won. The three matches summed up Cardiff's issues this season and did little to inspire any sort of hope in the Bluebirds fan base. However, maybe there is something to build on in the league. Neil Harris has seen his team lose just 1 of their last 9 league games. The fact 6 of those have ended in draws shows why Cardiff fans claim Harris is being too cautious with his tactics. It's 4 league games unbeaten though and with the club in 12th place and 7 points off the play-offs there is still the small light of hope that the club can gatecrash the play-offs... even though none of us genuinely believe it will happen.

I'm not really confident backing this Cardiff side at the moment. The plus side is that since the 6-1 hammering away to QPR we've looked a lot better. Harris has at least shown a willingness to make changes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Luton have shown recently that at home they remain tough to break down. I want to back Cardiff to win this one but I just have no faith in us to pick up wins on the road right now having won just 1 of our last 5 away league games. I'll back a draw and will be pleasantly surprised if we win.

Draw @ 3.60 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.78 with Marathonbet