** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Feb 8th & 9th

eplratings.jpg

The Premier League enters its weird mid-season break over the next few weeks with half of the teams playing this weekend and the other half playing next weekend. That means each club gets a fortnight break. First up, are the matches above that are shown with their odds and ratings. Take a look and let us know what predictions you all have for these games. :ok

Everton vs Crystal Palace

The distorted Premier League winter break begins this weekend with half of the teams in action with the other half on a two week break. Why not just let them all have a weekend off is beyond me but I suppose money talks! Everton host Crystal Palace in the 12:30pm GMT kick-off this Saturday lunch-time to begin the action. Is the home win the sure-fire bet here?

Everton are one month into Carlo Ancelotti's reign and results have remained more positive than negative since the departure of Marco Silva and following on from Duncan Ferguson's heroic spell as caretaker manager. The Toffees are in 9th place and whisper it but they're only 4 points off the automatic Europa League qualification spots. A season that looked set to be a relegation battle is now fast turning into a potential European qualification campaign. It's now 4 league games unbeaten and the team is looking a lot more organised and competitive than earlier in the season. The club managed to keep all of their players including fending off interest from Barcelona for Richarlison. It's all very encouraging.

Crystal Palace might not be performing quite to Everton's levels but there's no doubt that Roy Hodgson is doing an incredible job with the resources at his disposal. The Eagles are in 14th place and 6 points above the relegation zone. Wilfried Zaha remains a Palace player after another transfer window but the board failed to financially back Hodgson. Could that prove costly? Back-to-back defeats in the league failing to score in both matches has been a sour note for Palace. It's now 10 league matches that the club has failed to score a goal in this season. They also head into this game having won just 3 of their 12 league matches on the road this season.

The head-to-head record between these two clubs weighs heavily in Everton's favour. This is a slight surprise given how up and down Everton have been over the past few seasons. The Toffees are unbeaten in their last 10 meetings with Palace. The last time Palace tasted victory away to Everton was on 21st September, 2014. I think that run will extend here with Everton possibly worth backing for a clean sheet win.

Everton HT/FT @ 2.70 with BetVictor

Everton to Win to Nil @ 2.55 with Unibet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadam, @bettingfellow, @ivanhoe, @Charon84, @Costanzi84, @Ryanpeteand @AndreBR.

Meh, no fixtures of real interest here.  Man City should batter West Ham, but they aren't taking all their chances, and you have to get to -3 on the handicap to get to odds against which might be a bit much.  Then again Man City always batter West Ham and this could well be the weekend they get back on track and score a few.  In the last 7 games between these two (going back to 2017), the Man City -3 would have won 4 out of those 7.  Given the slim pickings in the PL this week, i'll take a leap of faith in Man City having their shooting boots on, and will go for Man City -3 at 3.1 (Paddy Power).

Also thinking of taking Bournemouth +1 at around 2.15.  I'm wary of taking on Sheffield, but I think they are priced a bit too short to win.  Sheff United obviously having a great season, but they have done better away from home than they have at home, with more points won away than at home. Saying that, their home form is hardly terrible.  Bournemouth just seem to be one of those teams that lose a few in a row, then go on a winning (or not losing) run for a few games.  They have won their last two PL games, and are getting some players back from injury, so I just wonder if they are now going to go on a bit of an unbeaten run to pull clear of the relegation zone. 

i have been waiting for while for brighton to put in a really good performance at home and after watford dropped the ball last week i'll be giving them the benefit of doubt

i've learned the hard way but this crystal palace is really dangerous countering teams quick and they hold up defensively too occasionally. everton just have crazy lapses of concentration. i'm thinking of taking crystal palace on some kind of handicap

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Everton have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Crystal Palace conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.
Brighton have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 74 Football Betting Streaks for 08.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-02-2020-17728

Brighton vs Watford

The second preview of this weekend's Premier League games covers one of the trickiest matches to call in quite some time. It's Brighton hosting Watford in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at the Amex Stadium on Saturday evening. Neither side is really instilling me with any confidence that they can get the win here so it makes me wonder if backing the draw is the most sensible option?

Brighton need to have a little word with themselves because right now they are in 15th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone. Graham Potter's side are without a win in 5 league games now. The Seagulls can't even blame an FA Cup run for their league woes because they lost 1-0 at home to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd Round. That means they've not tasted a competitive win in 2020. The positive news is that they have only lost 1 of their last 5 home league matches. They also remain unbeaten at home in the league against clubs positioned below them.

Watford manager Nigel Pearson will want to see a reaction from his team after back-to-back defeats in the league. The Hornets are in 19th place and 2 points adrift of safety. In both of their last two defeats, the decisive goal has been scored in injury time. If that is a sign of fitness issues then Watford will need to be wary against a Brighton side that like to get it down and keep possession to tire their opposition out. Pearson himself will want to lay to rest a ghost he has having failed to win on all four of his previous visits to the Amex Stadium.

I do think we'll see a reaction from Watford after their previous two matches. The ELO ratings fancy the away side to get the win but it's close. Brighton feel like they are on the verge of a home win. They've been knocking on the door but it's just not come. @sajtion has rightly pointed this out and as much as I want to back him for the home win I just feel Watford will put in a more assured display so I'll go for the score draw.

Draw @ 3.45 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.75 with Betway

26 minutes ago, sajtion said:

i've learned the hard way but this crystal palace is really dangerous countering teams quick and they hold up defensively too occasionally. everton just have crazy lapses of concentration. i'm thinking of taking crystal palace on some kind of handicap

Palace are still difficult to break down and hard to beat and I don't think they will fear this current Everton side much. Everton's main menace is from wide areas at the moment with Sidibe and Digne putting in crosses for Calvert-Lewin. I feel his ariel threat will be negated somewhat in this game as Palace's centre-backs (Tomkins & Cahill) read the game well and are strong in the air.

Everton's main threat to Palace will probably come from Richarlison or long shots from Sigurdsson. On the flipside, Everton will be vulnerable if they try to force the game here, especially if they use the offside trap in an attempt to build pressure or create overloads higher up the pitch. Palace can move the ball quickly forward for counters when they need to and Zaha, Ayew, van Aanholt have pace.

Neither of these teams are good at converting chances, standard view would be narrow Everton win or draw. If Palace can stifle the home side for long enough then the home crowd may turn sour and hurl their toffees onto the pitch in a fit of rage.

Having Palace @ 6.69 is a bit generous in my view. Also wouldn't blame anyone for taking X @ 3.90 Matchbook

Personally I will go for Crystal Palace +1.0 AH @ 1.75 Betvictor

Everton FC vs Crystal Palace

Everton FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Andre Gomes (8/0 m), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (2/0 m)

Suspended: Fabian Delph (15/0 m)

Crystal Palace

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Martin Kelly (19/0 d), Cenk Tosun (3/1 f, loan from Everton), Mamadou Sakho (8/0 d), Jeffrey Schlupp (14/2 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Everton have recently been relegated, running an undefeated run in four games. Watford's 3-2 away defeat last season and today returns to its strong home base, where it has accumulated the most points to date. Opposite Crystal Palace, which ignores the joy of victory for 7 consecutive games and has begun free fall in the standings. Palace have four draws in their five most recent outings, a testament to how hard a team they are. Everton are not used to giving a high tempo to their games
EVERTON FC vs CRYSTAL PALACE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.75

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Manchester City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
West Ham Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
80% of Sheffield Utd’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.
Bournemouth conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 74 Football Betting Streaks for 09.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-02-2020-17742

On 2/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Brighton vs Watford

The second preview of this weekend's Premier League games covers one of the trickiest matches to call in quite some time. It's Brighton hosting Watford in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at the Amex Stadium on Saturday evening. Neither side is really instilling me with any confidence that they can get the win here so it makes me wonder if backing the draw is the most sensible option?

Brighton need to have a little word with themselves because right now they are in 15th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone. Graham Potter's side are without a win in 5 league games now. The Seagulls can't even blame an FA Cup run for their league woes because they lost 1-0 at home to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd Round. That means they've not tasted a competitive win in 2020. The positive news is that they have only lost 1 of their last 5 home league matches. They also remain unbeaten at home in the league against clubs positioned below them.

Watford manager Nigel Pearson will want to see a reaction from his team after back-to-back defeats in the league. The Hornets are in 19th place and 2 points adrift of safety. In both of their last two defeats, the decisive goal has been scored in injury time. If that is a sign of fitness issues then Watford will need to be wary against a Brighton side that like to get it down and keep possession to tire their opposition out. Pearson himself will want to lay to rest a ghost he has having failed to win on all four of his previous visits to the Amex Stadium.

I do think we'll see a reaction from Watford after their previous two matches. The ELO ratings fancy the away side to get the win but it's close. Brighton feel like they are on the verge of a home win. They've been knocking on the door but it's just not come. @sajtion has rightly pointed this out and as much as I want to back him for the home win I just feel Watford will put in a more assured display so I'll go for the score draw.

Draw @ 3.45 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.75 with Betway

Nice work Stevie D

Sheffield United vs Bournemouth

The reduced Premier League schedule gives us a fascinating clash this Sunday afternoon when Sheffield United host Bournemouth in a 2pm GMT kick-off at Bramall Lane. The home team are keen to continue their assault on a potential shock European qualification campaign against an away side that are still locked deep in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the table.

Sheffield United's outstanding season is still showing no sign of coming to an end. Chris Wilder has led his team to 6th in the table and they will move into 5th place and just 2 points outside the Champions League spots if they win today. The Blades have faltered slightly lately with just 2 wins from their last 7 league games but they've kept in touch with the teams around them. The club has won more points on the road than they have at home but they'll surely fancy their chances in this game. Especially given out of the 7 league games they have lost so far this season that 5 of those have been against the sides in the top three. It'll be interesting to see what involvement new signings Sander Berge and Richairo Zivkovic have in today's match.

Bournemouth were looking a bit lost at sea not that long ago. Eddie Howe's men were free falling down the table having lost 5 of 6 league games played. The rot has stopped to some extent in recent matches with the Cherries having won back-to-back matches against Brighton and Aston Villa. However, both of those games were at home. The south coast club have only won 3 of their 12 away league games this season and have lost 6 of their last 7 on the road with only 1 win in their previous 9 away league games. Defensive frailties remain a concern for Howe with his team only keeping 1 clean sheet in their last 14 league games.

I appreciate that this game will be closer than it might have been a few weeks back. Bournemouth look to have restored some confidence with those two wins but they're still down in 16th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone. It's a fragile position to be in. This is a great opportunity for United to really put the cat amongst the pigeons at the top end. I think Bournemouth's poor away form will hamper them. It's one thing to win at home in this division but away wins are a lot harder to come by. I'm not overjoyed by United's price but I have to back it.

Sheffield United to Win @ 1.83 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

ShefUtd-Bournemotuh 2 DNB (3.50) or for the braver 2 (5.00)

At 3pm the English Premier League Sunday program will open the pair above. I chose Bournemotuh because the ShefUtd trajectory started to go down, their form started to fall. Probably it came to 4 points up to 40 points which in some theory ensure survival is the primary objective of the ShefUtd administration. On the other hand we have an unpredictable Bournemouth who in my opinion have a problem with the club's doctors or it is up to the coach and his staff as this is the second consecutive season that half of their players have been injured.Bournemouth have now tied 2 wins in a row at home but both without CS (clean scheme). The away form is not promising, the last 3 away games have lost both the first and second halves. So why am I crazy then playing at Borunemotuh? The reason is that when they are under pressure and when their games become a must win match, they get well organized. The second thing is that ShefUtd is more of a guest form and their home form is reduced to 5-2-5 (W, D, L ), while the bournemotuh is at 3-1-8 (W, L, D). The other thing I can boil down to is that according to statistics taken from whoscored.com it is Shef and Bournemouth that have a problem with realization, Borunemotuh with keeping the ball in possession .Shef Utd has a problem with giving dangerous breaks in the danger zone, while Bournemotuh is strong in interrupting either a corner or a free kick by Harry Wilson and he is a player who is more fond of playing away than at home, even confirming the statistics that he scored 6 away from home and at home he scored 2 goals. Sheffs still score worse at home than away, but that's why midfielders make a difference and probably Howie (manager of popular cherries decided to form (4-5-1). And finally why I decided on Borunemotuh. The reason is The Bournemotuh formation is in 4-5-1 formation, which is quite contrarily oriented, but through it it is possible to build possession because you have 3 central midfielders that provide an option in attack and defense. in my opinion it makes them vulnerable because they are a constant formation and they become predictable.

Edited by MaliMisko12