** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Northern Irish Cup & Welsh League Cup Predictions > Feb 1st

nirelandodds.jpg

welshodds.jpg

This weekend will see both Northern Ireland and Wales involved in competitive cup action. Check out the odds above and tell us what predictions you have lined up for these games. I'm keen to see how STM Sports get on because my amateur club is due to play their Sunday League side in a few weeks.

@Bang on, @Cheltenhamwhite, @Wiltshire Shot, and @Teodore.

Connah's Quay vs STM Sports

The Welsh League Cup Final takes place this Saturday evening at 5:15pm GMT at Latham Park in Newtown with Cymru Premier side Connah's Quay taking on Cymru South club STM Sports. It's a real David versus Goliath affair with one side entering as heavy favourites but their opponents having already shaken some ground with the elimination of some big teams already.

Connah's Quay are having a season to remember. Their exploits in the Europa League started the campaign well and now the club is on the verge of some silverware. Andy Morrison's men are also flying high in the league in 2nd place and just 4 points off the pace of league leaders TNS. An 8-0 win against Afan Lido in the Welsh Cup 4th Round last week was a great way to prepare for this game. It's now also 5 wins from their last 6 matches in all competitions.

STM Sports have re-written their club's history books this season with this stunning run to the cup final. Aberystwyth, Newtown, Haverfordwest County, Cwmbran Celtic, and Pontypridd Town have all suffered exits from this competition at the hands of Dale Gardiner's side. The club currently sits in 5th place in Cymru South and promotion looks like a tall order. Recent form hasn't been great with the team only winning 1 of their last 5 matches. Discipline has also been a problem with the club earning 6 red cards in their last 7 matches.

I have contradicting feelings about this game. I'd love to see a side that technically represents the level of football my amateur side plays against to do well but then I'm not sure we'd hear the last of it from them if they won it. In all honesty, everyone loves an underdog story and if STM Sports win this match it'll be one of the great tales of Welsh domestic football. I think it'll be a step too far and this Connah's Quay side will probably dismantle them.

Connah's Quay to Win to Nil @ 1.90 with Bet365

Connah's Quay -2 @ 1.66 with Bet365

I can't add to @StevieDay1983's excellent preview of the cup final, so I won't.  A handful of games have been priced up in the south tonight, there was some value in opposing Taff's Well but the price has shortened to become more realistic.  I'll be at Corwen tomorrow cheering on Bangor but with mixed feelings because after Porthmadog, Corwen are my nearest level 1/2 side and I'd like to see at least one avoid the drop

Edited by Wiltshire Shot
Typo

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Shot said:

I can't add to @StevieDay1983's excellent preview of the cup final, so I won't.  A handful of games have been priced up in the south tonight, there was some value in opposing Taff's Well but the price has shortened to become more realistic.  I'll be at Corwen tomorrow cheering on Bangor but with mixed feelings because after Porthmadog, Corwen are my nearest level 1/2 side and I'd like to see at least one avoid the drop

Yeah, Taff;s Well are in a bit of trouble this season. They've parted company with a number of people that had been at the club for a while. Neil Warnock has recently donated £10,000 I think it was to help the club out. I hope their long term future isn't in doubt. It's a great local club. We were on the verge of a ground share with them a few years back but couldn't get the finances sorted. I was in the village on Saturday night having a curry with a couple of mates funnily enough. Hope they stay up but it's not looking likely.

I should add that regarding the Welsh League Cup Final, if your bookie is offering specials on it or request bets then it could be worth looking at the price of a red card for STM Sports. Let's just say they are prone to losing their heads if things don't go their way.