** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Jan 31st & Feb 1st

Hull City - Brentford 2 @ 2.1

this looks like a bet of the day for me. At the very end of the transfer window City are likely to lose both Kamil Grosicki (5 goals, 11 assists this season) and Jarrod Bowen (21 goals, 3 assists) to WBA and Crystal Palace respectively. It's as if you you took kidney and a liver out of the human body. Jordy de Wijs, their main center back is also out injured, 

Hull City struggle at home against teams from Top 6 , losing to Fulham (0-1) and Forrest (0-2) lately.  

It's a perfect opportunity for Brenford to get back to winning days. I'll even back them with a -1 Euro handicap at @4.1, they can cover it easily. 

Edited by Marek76

Cardiff vs Reading

The Championship carnage kicks off on Friday night with Cardiff playing Reading in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium. This fixture has a bit of added spice after the false racist abuse allegations Reading's PA system made against Cardiff fans last weekend in our FA Cup clash. It appears the matter has now been resolved with Reading apologising but the wounds remain fresh from the farce.

Cardiff looked like a new team on Tuesday night against West Brom in a game they won 2-1. Credit where it's due to Neil Harris. He's made some big changes over the past couple of weeks with Alex Smithies being brought in to replace Neil Etheridge as number one. Lee Peltier and Aden Flint have been dropped from the back-line for Jazz Richards and Sean Morrison. The midfield has been overhauled with Callum Paterson, Will Vaulks, and Gavin Whyte being drafted in. All we need now is for Joe Ralls to return to full fitness and Lee Tomlin to replace the anonymous Marlon Pack. The joint second best home record in the division combined with a renewed vigour in the team has me quietly optimistic about this one.

Reading continue to be the bland team of the second tier of English football. As one of my mates said this week "nobody knows who manages them, who plays for them, or where they are in the table... you just know they exist!". OK, so I'm genuinely not bitter about the false racial allegations this week but my mate has a point. The Royals are in 15th place and 11 points above the relegation zone but 10 points off the play-off pace. Let's be honest, Mark Bowen's men aren't going anywhere this season. They are without a win in four league games now and this is hardly the most attractive fixture for them to play in that sort of form.

I've been reluctant to back Cardiff to win games this season but I actually feel this is a game we should be looking to win. We have looked a lot better since Harris has made the changes to personnel. Signing Bournemouth full back Brad Smith on loan today is a boost to our left side. I think if we can get the first goal in this one then we could win by a comfortable margin.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.22 with Matchbook

Anytime Scorer: Lee Tomlin @ 3.85 with Unibet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Derby County vs Stoke City

Derby County

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Tom Huddlestone (11/1 m), Krystian Bielik (20/0 d), George Evans (11/0 m), Mason Bennett (7/0 f, left the club), Ikechi Anya (0/0 m)

Suspended: Max Lowe (23/0 d)

Stoke City

Doubtful: Stephen Ward (14/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Ryan Shawcross (3/0 d, captain), Tyrese Campbell (18/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Scott Hogan (13/3 f, left the club)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

West Brom vs Luton

The Championship action offers up some tough matches this weekend. This has limited the number of matches I think we can find value in this week so I'm taking a relatively easy pick as my second preview this round. It's automatic promotion hopefuls West Brom hosting relegation strugglers Luton in a 3pm GMT kick-off at the Hawthorns this Saturday afternoon.

West Brom are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment. Slaven Bilic's side are currently 2nd in the league table and 2 points ahead of 3rd placed Nottingham Forest but it's now 7 league games without a win for the Baggies. Where as automatic promotion seemed a given just a couple of months ago, a lot has changed over the festive period and new year. Home form could do with improving. The club has only lost 2 of their 14 home league matches but they've also drawn 6 of those matches.

Luton head into this game knowing that their situation is dire. Graeme Jones has seen his team fight against the tide this season. The Hatters are bottom of the table and 6 points adrift of safety. If we're being realistic then we can assume they'll be back in League One next season. 7 defeats in their last 9 league games overall and 13 losses from their 15 away league games this season is enough to tell me this could be a long afternoon at the office for the visitors.

I appreciate this is probably influenced by my Cardiff side suffering a torturous 4-2 loss away to West Brom earlier in the season (and that score-line flattered us!) but I feel this is the exact sort of game the Baggies need to get back to winning ways. Luton were a tough side to grind down earlier in the campaign but over recent months they've started getting a bit demoralised. Will the surprise 3-2 win over Derby in their last game boost their confidence? Maybe. I think they'll need more than that to get something here.

West Brom -1 @ 1.95 with Coral

West Brom HT/FT @ 2.05 with Coral

I´ll take today the Combo of Leeds and WestBrom - both playing at Home against Relegation-Candidate Teams who are both not so good in Away Games.

Also i take Nottingham DNB - Forrest in good Form and Birmingham not there best at the Moment. Only 2 wins from 15 Games not so good and Nottingham with big Chance to make the Pressure high on Leeds and WestBrom in the Table.