Announcements
** October Nap's Competition Result: 1st Zilzalian, 2nd Mickyftm32, 3rd Joales, 4th internetmails KO Cup: redno2009, Most Winners: Xtc12**
**October Poker League Result : 1st muttley £75, 2nd ian309 £45, 3rd thebestthere £30**
** Last Man Standing Result - Ivailobg/Cookro split 1st £125 / Larking22 1st Consolation Cup £50 **

Tennis Tips - February 17 - February 23

• 3 weeks later...

Krajinovic to beat Cilic @1.80, Bet365.

Okay, the odds are too good to pass here. Have watched most of Krajinovic's games in the last couple of weeks and he has looked in excellent form. His game style suits the indoor courts and he is somebody who likes attacking from both the wings. This is Cilic's first match after the Australian open and I am expecting him to be pretty rusty. They have never played before and I think that Krajinovic's fast paced game is going to catch Cilic off-guard. 

Edited by Crimson_Silhouette
30 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Note that Krajinovic has pulled out of the tournament, unfortunately.

yeah I guess the recent remarkable wins he's achieved over the last weeks may have taken a toll on him. Really liked his chances against Cilic. It is what it is. ūüėĒ¬†

Cameron Norrie (+3.5) to beat Taylor Fritz at 1.78 with Pinnacle

Both players are in bad forms at the moment, but I see no reason to fancy Fritz to win this comfortably, as Norrie is usually decently tough to deal with and as he has enough weapons to hold his serve comfortably most of the time. The fact that he's had to go through the qualifiers can't hurt either, as it means that he should be at least a little bit more comfortable with the conditions than his American opponent.

18 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Radu Albot to beat Jack Sock @1.57 bet365 (ATP 250 Delray Beach Open) 

Nothing much to say here. I just feel that Albot is a much better tennis player than his opponent these days. 

Jack can unfortunately win thi as he looked good in New York last week and Radu has no form to speak of. Radu was also sick last few days. 

Jiri Vesely to beat Brandon Nakashima at 1.75 with Parions Sport

It will be the 1st time between these two players. You have to go back to 2014 to see Vesely participate this ATP 250 in Delray Beach. The Czech failed to pass the 1st round (3-set loss to Baghdatis). Nakashima will play this tournament for the 1st time in his career.

Nakashima, 295th in the world, received an invitation from the organizers. This 18-year-old American is starting to be talked about in the Challengers. He notably managed to beat Harrison and Tomic in Dallas earlier this month, and take a set from Tiafoe in the same tournament. Well, they are indeed 3 players far from their best level, but still. Vesely is the logical favorite to win this meeting. It must be said that he came out of an excellent tournament in Pune (he lifted the trophy) which allowed him to build up confidence.

However, it is important not to underestimate his opponent of the day. Nakashima seems to be very receptive to public support. Playing at home should therefore allow him to play transcended. The guy has a good 1st ball and an aggressive forehand that could tickle Vesely's sometimes feverish backhand when he plays it crossed (Vesely is left-handed). We must also highlight the fact that the American knows how to be regular in trade, which could well crack the Czech more than once (Vesely is indeed led to make a lot of mistakes when he is not in a good day). Now, I think Vesely will manage to make the necessary efforts to get out of this trap. His power will no doubt have a role to play in this meeting. Nakashima can have difficulties when the balls are fast, and the current 72nd should be able to play on that to gain many points. Experience should do the rest.

Kwon Won Soon to beat Adrian Mannarino at 1.75 with SportingBet

Kwon Won Soon has impressed me with his recent form, going deep(ish) in both Pune and New York, unluckily losing to Edmund (the eventual winner) in a third-set TB. Mannarino is not in good form at the moment, having won only one match in 2020, against the Australian Al Popyrin, ranked 100th. My only concern would be that Kwon Won Soon last Friday against Edmund, however, he is young and should have enough energy to get past Mannarino.

WTA Dubai
Veronika Kudermetova - Dayana Yastremska 2@1.46 pinnacle /flat 10u/

Dayana is having a good season, she lost to Bertens, Barty, Wozniacki, who are top players with nasty defence, which Yastremska do not like. She managed to reach Adeleide finals with several solid wins. Last week, she made three easy wins in Fed Cup as well.

Kudermetova is playing similar style as Yastremska, but is generally worse in it. She played nothing special in Australia, lost both matches in Fed Cup and also 2nd round in Petersburg to Bertens, with no chances at all. Here she passed qaulies, but with lot of troubles in all matches.

They played each other at the of last season in Tianjin, and Kudermetova won, but I was watching that match and it was Yastremskas worst match for a long long time. I see her as huge fav in current form here, and anything over 1,4 is worth to take for me. GL

Emil Ruusuvuori to win at least one set @1.7 interwetten

Well obviously Pospisil is a far more established player than Ruusuvuori in men's tour, but the young Finnish could pull off an upset here. Think the kid's got real potential to become an elite player in the near future. 

Carlos Alcaraz to beat Federico Coria at 2.35 with Pinnacle

Alcaraz is going to be a top player on clay eventually, he has all the weapons even now and he played an incredibly impressive match against Ramos. Coria had a long match himself against a somewhat weaker opponent, so I think that there's some value in backing the very motivated youngster to repeat the first feat against a guy that's just slightly above average in my eyes.

Ons Jabeur to beat Simona Halep at 3.50 with bet365

Both players did very well in the AO (Jabeur reached the QF and Halep the SF). Jabeur has already played 1 match here, against Alison Riske (7-6, 1-6, 6-3). Both players did very well but Jabeur played a little bit better than Riske in the 3rd set and she finally won (as I said the match was very good and both players did very well). I think Jabeur has taken a step forward in her career (she has a lot of quality but her mentality was not the best). If she plays focused I think she will have more chances than the odds suggest

Veronika Kudermetova to beat Garbi√Īe Muguruza at 3.65 with 888

Muguruza won in her first match here against Kim Clijsters. I don’t think she played a great match against her (this was the first match of Clijsters after being 8 years out of the courts and she could have won the second set against Muguruza). Kudermetova won her fourth match here (she played the qualy) against Yastremska and I’m really impressed with how she played against her. Both players are big hitters so I think Kudermetova will have more chances than the odds suggest.

10pts Veronika Kudermetova to beat Garbine Muguruza @ 3.90 Betfair Exchange

I agree with what's been said about Kudermetova, and also Muguruza. The Spaniard didn't play at her best against Clijsters, possibly due to uncertainty about her opponent who was playing her first match in a number of years, and possibly due to rust as it was her first match since the AO, but whatever the reasons she should have won more easily than she did. Clijsters was able to take the second set to a tie-break, which should never have happened after Muguruza led the set by two breaks. She's still prone to errors and a fluctuating level during matches and those two factors alone should give Kudermetova a fair chance of winning this.

Kristina mladenovic to beat Karolina Pliskova @3.10 with betway

looks fairly valued. I initially thought it would have been 6 or 7 but 3.1 does look like odds are tilted in her favour. I cannot see Karolina winning dubai open especially with the form she is in. Kristina is no lame duck and can prove handful to many on her day. already shown lot of composure in the previous matches

8 hours ago, darko08 said:

Ons Jabeur to beat Simona Halep at 3.50 with bet365

Both players did very well in the AO (Jabeur reached the QF and Halep the SF). Jabeur has already played 1 match here, against Alison Riske (7-6, 1-6, 6-3). Both players did very well but Jabeur played a little bit better than Riske in the 3rd set and she finally won (as I said the match was very good and both players did very well). I think Jabeur has taken a step forward in her career (she has a lot of quality but her mentality was not the best). If she plays focused I think she will have more chances than the odds suggest

Veronika Kudermetova to beat Garbi√Īe Muguruza at 3.65 with 888

Muguruza won in her first match here against Kim Clijsters. I don’t think she played a great match against her (this was the first match of Clijsters after being 8 years out of the courts and she could have won the second set against Muguruza). Kudermetova won her fourth match here (she played the qualy) against Yastremska and I’m really impressed with how she played against her. Both players are big hitters so I think Kudermetova will have more chances than the odds suggest.

it was kim clijsters on the other side. she is playing after 6-8 years but a champion is a champion. I hope clijsters wins something this season.

8 hours ago, bet4fun said:

Kristina mladenovic to beat Karolina Pliskova @3.10 with betway

looks fairly valued. I initially thought it would have been 6 or 7 but 3.1 does look like odds are tilted in her favour. I cannot see Karolina winning dubai open especially with the form she is in. Kristina is no lame duck and can prove handful to many on her day. already shown lot of composure in the previous matches

already looks like a losing bet. ūüėĒ

Patrik Niklas-Salminen to beat Johannes Haerteis at 1.83 with Pinnacle

In my book, PNS is a player with at least some potential, while Haerteis is Challenger-level at best in all honesty. The recent results, which include PNS' win over the very good Soeda, suggest that there is some substance to the idea, while Haerteis has lost against plenty of much worse players in recent months and struggled against worse played than PNS recently. 1.60 would sound fair to me here.

Very frustrating… Kudermetova and Jabeur could have won (especially Jabeur, who was serving for the match and then she had 1 MP in the TB…). Probably I should have bet the set handicap (or the games handicap) that both were paid at almost 2.00 and now I could have 2 bets won and not 2 bets lost…

Karolina Pliskova to win the WTA Dubai at 4.25 with 888

I really like how she played in the first round. She has never won a GS title but she’s always a potential winner for this kind of tournaments. She won in her first tournament of 2020 (Adelaide), beating some very good players (Tomjlanovic, Riske, Osaka and Keys). I like the draw she has. Tomorrow she will play against Rybakina. Rybakina is in form but I think Pliskova is too much for her. We have seen how Rybakina has been destroyed every time she has faced a big player (against Barty in the AO and Bertens in St Petersburg or even Alexandrova in Shenzhen). In the SF she will play against Martic/Kontaveit. The player I fear the most (for SF) is Martic (her game can trouble Pliskova) but I think Kontaveit can beat her (it would be good for Pliskova). The Final will be against Halep/Sabalenka/Brady/Muguruza. I know the odds look a little bit low but Pliskova will be the favorite player in every single match so still se value on this one.

Karolina Pliskova (-3.5 Games) to beat Elena Rybakina at 1.83 with bet365

The reasons are already explained... Rybakina has been impressive this 2020 but everytime she has faced a big player she has been destroyed (Alexandrova, Barty, Bertens). Pliskova is so much better than her and the surface suits very well with her game. She has destroyed Mladenovic in the first round (6-2, 6-1) and I expect another win in straight sets for this match.

If this couple of bets gone wrong I will take a break for the the rest of this month (I think I have been unlucky with so many matches for the last 10 days...)

5 hours ago, darko08 said:

Kudermetova and Jabeur could have won

Jabeur has just been more and more solid. Just a little more consistency and better serve and she might climb to top 20. I would have never thought she could be capable of that to be honnest. 

Small multi for tonight:

Karolina Pliskova to win, Anett Kontaveit to win @ 2.21 bet365

;

I agree with Darko re Pliskova vs Rybakina, Rybakina has been excellent but not good enough yet to trouble elite players.

Last week she was just obliterated by Bertens. Her return game is just not good enough yet to trouble big servers. With that in mind, I think it will be extremely unlikely for her to find enough break points to trouble Pliskova.

I do feel that a game is coming where she will be able to create something against better players, which is why I am only taking a straight win.

;

I have backed Martic in the last two rounds and I haven't found the wins as easy as the score reflects. Especially considering that Hsieh has been transparent this season, and strycova won an extremely tight match vs a 50% Anisimova

Martic had to face many break points (over 1.33 BP faced per game in average so far) against these not in form/lower players. A better player will punish her - no matter how good her serve can be.

Not much to say on Kontaveit side. Her win against resurgent Pavlyuencha was by no mean an easy win. But I believe this is more of a testimony to current Pavlyuencha level than anything else. Kontaveit service has been pretty solid.

Simona Halep to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 2.05 with Parions Sport

This 2 players clashed 3 times before, Halep leading their h2h by 2 games to 1. The Romanian won her 2 games in 2018 at Shenzen and at the Cincinnati Open, but it was Sabalenka who came out victorious from the last months meeting in Adelaide.

During Halep last match, she went ahead and had 2 match balls that Jabeur saved then it was the Tunisian turn to have her match ball before Halep's form returns when she needed it most allowing her to win the following 3 points to win the match). Despite that, I hope this fright will be enough to take her to the next level. Sabalenka seemed to me a little feverish against Sakkari and the Romanian suppporters who came in numbers to support their champion will not help her to play at her best level.

1 hour ago, FrenchPunter said:

Simona Halep to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 2.05 with Parions Sport

This 2 players clashed 3 times before, Halep leading their h2h by 2 games to 1. The Romanian won her 2 games in 2018 at Shenzen and at the Cincinnati Open, but it was Sabalenka who came out victorious from the last months meeting in Adelaide.

During Halep last match, she went ahead and had 2 match balls that Jabeur saved then it was the Tunisian turn to have her match ball before Halep's form returns when she needed it most allowing her to win the following 3 points to win the match). Despite that, I hope this fright will be enough to take her to the next level. Sabalenka seemed to me a little feverish against Sakkari and the Romanian suppporters who came in numbers to support their champion will not help her to play at her best level.

I think Halep is not the best bet right now. Yesterday she had some kind of back injury and also she played very intense match. Sabalenka is not the best choice for opponent when the other player is not feeling 100% because of her aggressive nature.

I prefer Sabalenka at 1.72 with bet365

1 hour ago, teodorppv said:

I think Halep is not the best bet right now. Yesterday she had some kind of back injury and also she played very intense match. Sabalenka is not the best choice for opponent when the other player is not feeling 100% because of her aggressive nature.

I prefer Sabalenka at 1.72 with bet365

I'm going in on Aryna Sabalenka to beat (-1.5 sets) Simona Halep at 3.00 with Unibet

Very interesting information about Simona here I think so I'll try a repeat of Arynas previous win over Simona.

Hey guys. I started reading this forum 2-3 weeks ago, and i decided to register and join. 

i have been following tennis daily since 2014 and T. became my main sport if we are talking about betting. 

I dont know if i can post predictions here but i try my luck, if its not allowed just tell me. 

I saw the Pliskova prediction today and i would like to write something about her. I dont really like woman tennis because its very unpredictable, but if we talking about Pliskova i think she cant really play tennis when she has to hit long rallies. She has a good serve and thats all, and when she cant hit first serves she is in trouble especially against better players. Today i made a bet on ¬†over 21,5 games but that was risky too because she choked in the 2nd. So when Pliskova plays against a better player who can win long rallies and can place the ball the odds doesnt matter we have to bet against the czech. I dont want to be smart because this is only my opinion and you guys are probay¬†have more knowledge than me i just wanted to tell this because its easy money every time she plays against a player like Rybakina ūüėĀ

For tonight I like Tommy Paul to win against Frances Tiafoe at 1,90. Bet365

Tiafoe is really not in form these days. He lost against Kudla in Dallas where he lost his serve 3 times in the first set then he lost the second set tie-break too. (He was leading 6-2 in the TB and Kudla broke his serve 4 times so he lost 6-8.) Frances is not playing his best level right now and his poor form can help Tommy tonight. Tiafo wasnt convincing at all against Gomez, and Paul crushed His first round opponent.