** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup Predictions > Jan 28th & 29th

eflcup.jpg

The EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Legs are up this weekend. The situation is finely balanced between Aston Villa and Leicester but it appears that Manchester City have one foot in the Final already. Let us know what bets you're looking at for these games over the next couple of days. :ok

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, @MrJol, @shrewd., @AussieDex. @Rey86, @ivanhoe, @Ameer, @Neubs, @BHAadam, and @AndreBR.

Leicester also deserves to be in the grand final and claim the trophy. He failed to clear the first-leg qualifier at home, but he can do so at home. Villa will have the excitement, but qualitatively lag behind the opponent. Had the luck factor in the first game, it's unlikely to have him today. I expect Leicester to qualify
ASTON VILLA vs LEICESTER CITY @@ LEICESTER CITY, odds 1.70

Aston Villa vs Leicester

The first EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg is up tonight when Premier League clubs Aston Villa and Leicester meet in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at Villa Park. The tie is finely balanced at 1-1 after the 1st leg and with the form of both sides being a little bit rocky lately there's no telling which way this game will go. It really is up for grabs so who will prevail victorious at the end?

Aston Villa are just hovering above the relegation zone in the top flight in 16th place and 2 points above the drop. Dean Smith's side have had to contend with a number of injuries to key players meaning he's had to get busy in the transfer window bringing in Pepe Reina, Danny Drinkwater, Mbwana Samatta, and Louie Barry to boost their squad depth, although Drinkwater is cup tied for this game. Just 1 loss in their last 5 games across all competitions is reason for them to be optimistic and winning 2 of their last 3 home matches adds to that.

Leicester come into this game in 3rd place in the league and still firm favourites to grab a Champions League spot for next season with the Foxes now 14 points clear of 5th placed Manchester United. Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Jamie Vardy will be in the squad but is only "80% fit" so whether he starts or not remains to be seen. Rodgers' side have only won 1 of their last 4 matches in all competitions and Vardy has failed to score in 5 games now.

I think this game will finish as tightly as we suspect it will be. There was nothing separating these two in the first leg and I can see that being the case again in this one. Neither team is in dreadful form at the moment but they're struggling to put the wins together. This is a massive opportunity to reach their first cup finals for some time so the pressure is there. I can foresee a cautious affair with the result after 90 minutes likely to end in a draw and I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner decided on penalties.

Draw @ 4.40 with VBet

BTTS @ 1.62 with VBet

Manchester City vs Manchester United

OK, so the first EFL Cup Finalist has been confirmed and we were just a minute or so away from pulling off a cracking double success but alas we didn't. We go again tonight with the second Semi-Final 2nd Leg when local rivals Manchester City and Manchester United go toe-to-toe in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at the Etihad Stadium. Can United overhaul City's 3-1 lead from the 1st Leg?

Manchester City appear to have almost completed the job but Pep Guardiola will feel his team let an opportunity slip to really punish United in the first leg. The statistics showed how dominant City's performance was but the failure to add to their score-line and leave United with a glimmer of hope thanks to their second half goal will frustrate the innovative gaffer. City do have history on their side with only one of the previous 29 teams that have won an EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg by two goals or more have failed to reach the Final. Guardiola himself has also progressed in 23 of the 24 knockout ties where his side have won the first leg.

Manchester United continue to be the subject of mockery from rival fans with the club still toiling. Ed Woodward's house was attacked in the latest display of discontent by the club's fans. The likes of Marcus Rashford, Scott McTominay, and Paul Pogba remain unavailable. Bouncing back from adversity is in the United DNA though. The Red Devils have won 2 of their last 3 knockout games when they have lost the first leg by two goals. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could also become only the third manager to earn two away wins against Guardiola having seen his side defeat City earlier this season in the league. Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp being the two managers to have done so already.

This is a tricky one because I'm not sure I can see United pulling off a miracle comeback. They are without those players that give them any hope of creating winning opportunities and I have a feeling this could be a painful night for United fans. They were let off the hook in the first leg but with key players missing and City keen to humiliate their opponents I can see City winning this one by a decent margin.

Manchester City -1 @ 1.91 with Coral

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.00 with Coral