** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 29th - Feb 2nd

WHU - Liverpool Under 3.00 @2.02 sounds good to me. I simply don't expect many goals here.

WHU will start defensively and try to punish mistakes from defensive side Liverpool. But I really doubt they are capable of putting the pressure on Liverpool in a way they'll force Liverpool to make those mistakes. And even then they'll still have to punish them for making those mistakes and that's not guaranteed with those strikers. 1.17 goals Average in PL this season is all the prove you need (while Liverpool concedes 0.65 Average in PL this season). So goals WHU? Probably 0, mabye 1.

Liverpool on the other hand will score some goals. But two important factors tell me that it won't be more then 2 or 3. Mane is out (11 goals, 20%) and Liverpool will meet next team, Southampton (better team then WHU), within 3 days from this match. So when there is a 0-2 lead, they won't do anything else then speed down the match and sit out.

Most likely outcome 0-2 and maybe 0-3. For that reason I didn't take Over 2.50.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have scored in each of their last 11 away matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 23 matches in Premier League.
West Ham Utd conceded at least 1 goal in 73% of their home matches in Premier League.
70% of Liverpool’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 14 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 49 Football Betting Streaks for 29.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-29-01-2020-17627

The postponement match for the championship, with the hosts in bad shape. In the last four games they have counted three defeats and a draw and have lost to West Brom at home and have lost the Cup early. Liverpool, with many changes in their composition, gave rights to Shrewsbury, but eventually after 2-2 they will settle their differences in the rematch. I think there is a huge quality difference between the two teams and I expect Liverpool to get another professional win
WEST HAM UNITED vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ +1.50 Ah WEST HAM UNITED, odds 1.85

The postponement match for the championship, with the hosts in bad shape. In the last four games they have counted three defeats and a draw and have lost to West Brom at home and have lost the Cup early. Liverpool, with many changes in their composition, gave rights to Shrewsbury, but eventually after 2-2 they will settle their differences in the rematch. I think there is a huge quality difference between the two teams and I expect Liverpool to get another professional win
WEST HAM UNITED vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ +1.50 Ah WEST HAM UNITED, odds 1.85

Tempted with Southampton +2 (@1.61) or +1.75AH (@1.83). Southampton in good form after the break, no important injuries, good scoring averages. I think Liverpool will have a much more difficult game then the WHU match. In the end I suspect them to win, but with a 1 or 2 goal margin (my lean to 1). Will think about this one.

And the Over 2.50 (@1.57), 2.75 (@1.69) and 3.00 (@1.90) look promising too. Liverpool shows vulnerability in every match, but time after time the opponent strikers don't punish it. Ings won't be that guy.

Edited by Charon84

Leicester vs Chelsea

The Premier League action starts on Saturday afternoon with a mouth-watering tie between two exciting teams at the top end of the table when Leicester host Chelsea in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off. It's third versus fourth in the race for the Champions League qualification. Can one of these two teams take a step closer towards that goal by winning here or will they cancel each other out and open the door for the challengers behind them?

Leicester are having a bit of a poor spell at the moment. The midweek defeat to Aston Villa in the EFL Cup was disappointing but also showed further evidence that maybe the Foxes are running out of steam. Brendan Rodgers has now seen his team lose 3 of their last 5 matches in all competitions. Star striker Jamie Vardy is also without a goal in 6 games now. The club remains in 3rd place and with 14 points separating them from 5th placed Manchester United it will take a dramatic drop off in results to see them relinquish a top four spot but form needs improving.

Chelsea have been linked with a lot of players during this January transfer window. It seems amazing that Olivier Giroud is being linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge when he's had such a decent record with the club in the past. Just 1 win in their last 4 league games shows that performances need to improve. Rumours are that Frank Lampard is frustrated with the lack of arrivals at the club during the window. Is this a Blues side that is young and starting to fatigue? Only 2 wins in their last 6 away league games isn't great reading but can they rectify that form here?

The score was 1-1 when these two sides met earlier in the season and it would be hard to argue against a similar outcome here. Players that were buzzing just a couple of months ago and firing on all cylinders are now playing a bit flat. The likes of Vardy, James Maddison, Mason Mount, and Tammy Abraham aren't producing what they were for these clubs. I think it's a case of both teams going through similar issues at a near identical level. A draw seems the best priced option for this game.

Draw @ 3.70 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Willian @ 5.30 with Unibet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadam, @bettingfellow, @ivanhoe, @Charon84, @Costanzi84, @Ryanpeteand @AndreBR.

Manchester United vs Wolves

The evening kick-off on Saturday in the Premier League is at 5:30pm GMT between Manchester United and Wolves at Old Trafford. This might end up being a controversial decision but I'm thinking that the ELO ratings might be taking us down a dark path with this one because right now I don't really have much faith in the home side getting something from this game.

Manchester United have endured their fair share of criticism over the season and the duo of Ed Woodward and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have taken the brunt of the abuse. I got it wrong in midweek backing them to get stuffed by Manchester City but, in all fairness, it did feel like City were taking the mickey a bit. Recent league performances have been lacking for the Red Devils lately. The club is in 5th place but only 4 points above 14th placed Newcastle. Three defeats from their last four league games is pretty awful and they've failed to score in those three losses. A statistic not exactly giving their fans delight with Marcus Rashford out for the foreseeable future.

Wolves were the giant killers last season and this season Nuno Santo's men have already picked up points against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, and Arsenal. Wanderers are positioned in 7th place and only behind United on virtue of goal difference. Just 1 win in their last 5 league games mean they don't exactly come into this game full of confidence. Interestingly, Wolves have only lost 3 of their 12 away league games this season so they know how to grind out those results on the road. However, two of those three defeats away have been since Christmas.

You can never rule this Wolves side out of a game involving one of the reputed top six sides. Despite suffering a slow start to the season, Santo's men are looking good to make a push for automatic qualification for the Europa League again. They're not even out of the battle for the Champions League either. I think these two sides will end up fighting out a draw though. Before midweek, I'd have probably said Wolves could even sneak it.

Draw @ 3.30 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.95 with RedZone

Tottenham vs Manchester City

The main event in the Premier League this weekend is a highly-anticipated clash between Tottenham and Manchester City in a 4:30pm GMT kick-off this Sunday afternoon. At the time of writing, it remains to be seen what business these sides have completed on transfer deadline day but it's certain to be a game that will be closely contested between two managers that have enjoyed their fair share of classic encounters down the years.

Tottenham find themselves in 6th place but with star striker Harry Kane out injured for a couple of months they're lacking a bit of fire power. Jose Mourinho has stated his intentions to bring in a replacement striker but his number one target Olivier Giroud appears to be staying at Chelsea. Spurs have only won 1 of their last 5 league games but they are still only 6 points off the sought after top four spots. Only Liverpool, Manchester City, and Leicester have a better home record than Tottenham so they'll fancy their chances in this one.

Manchester City took a huge step closer to even more silverware under Pep Guardiola this week with the aggregate win over Manchester United in the EFL Cup Semi-Final. Guardiola was ruing the chances his team missed with Raheem Sterling and David Silva particularly wasteful. The Citizens will need to be more clinical if they're to win this game. The team is building a bit of momentum up now with an unbeaten run of 5 league matches. They may be 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool but they now seem intent on securing their place in next season's Champions League as soon as possible so they can focus on trying to win that elusive maiden Champions League trophy this season.

Make no bones about it, this game will be a complete clash of playing styles. Mourinho's progressive and defensive-based game against Guardiola's expansive free flowing passing philosophy. The two sides cancelled each other out earlier in the season but I actually think City could sneak this one. However, only Jurgen Klopp has won more points against Guardiola's sides than Mourinho. I'm already regretting doubting my decision-making but I think Tottenham are patching up right now and City are starting to stretch their legs in the league.

Manchester City to Win by 1 Goal @ 4.05 with SportNation

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.70 with Betfair

Leicester City vs Chelsea FC

Leicester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Wes Morgan (7/0 d, illness), Nampalys Mendy (4/0 m), Matthew James (0/0 m), Daniel Amartey (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: Tammy Abraham (23/13 f, top scorer), Reece James (12/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Christian Pulisic (16/5 m), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (0/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Bournemouth vs Aston Villa

Bournemouth

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Junior Stanislas (2/0 m), Chris Mepham (11/1 d), Arnaut Groeneveld (9/0 f), Jack Stacey (9/0 d), Josh King (16/3 f), Lloyd Kelly (0/0 d), David Brooks (0/0 m), Charlie Daniels (2/0 d)

Aston Villa

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Wesley (21/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Thomas Heaton (20/0 first goalkeeper), John McGinn (18/3 m), Jed Steer (1/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I was considering backing Southampton +1 to get something at Liverpool. Main reasoning being Saints are good away from home, and are rested, whereas Liverpool have had a midweek game and maybe are already looking forward to their mid season break.  They aren't going to win every game this season, so it's just a matter of trying to catch them when they don't win.  But at odds of around 12s i'll pass, as I was expecting at least 15s, maybe 20s for Saints outright.  For context, Palace were 29s a couple of weeks back at Man City, i'm not sure why Saints are as short as they are.

I will play spurs +1 on the handicap at around 2.4 though.  Again, spurs are well rested for this one, whereas Man City had a midweek game to contend with.  City are a bit hit and miss this season, and certainly aren't on the same level as the past two seasons.  I don't think they will be fully motivated for the remainder of the PL games this season, as long as they do enough along the way to get in the top 4.  Spurs have more to play for in that sense and need to close the gap on Chelsea.  Yes Kane is injured, but there is a better feeling about the club with Eriksen and Rose gone, and new signings gedson and bergwijn in, plus lo celso signing permanently is also a big positive.  Spurs were competitive at home to Liverpool recently, and were perhaps unlucky not to draw so have nothing to fear taking on Man City.  We've also done well against them in recent games if you include knocking them out of the CL last season, and fluking a 2-2 draw at City very early this season.

Man City have only kept 4 PL clean sheets this season, and spurs only 3, so BTTS seems highly likely.  I'd disagree with @StevieDay1983 and say over 3.5 goals at around 2.3 would be another play in this game.

8 minutes ago, thfc said:

But at odds of around 12s i'll pass, as I was expecting at least 15s, maybe 20s for Saints outright.  For context, Palace were 29s a couple of weeks back at Man City, i'm not sure why Saints are as short as they are.

What does this mean?

Yep the all important odds.  I tend to use decimal odds from oddschecker.  Decimal odds include your stake so 12s is 11/1 (i.e. for every £1 you stake, you get £11 back).

Basically I was saying Southampton are too short in the market at 12s (or 11/1).  If they had been higher (16/1 or bigger) then I was going to take them on the +1 handicap, which is the same as saying Southampton will either win or draw the game.

Wolverhampton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.
67% of Leicester City’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Crystal Palace conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Southampton have won their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
Everton have scored in each of their last 8 away matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 108 Football Betting Streaks for 01.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-02-2020-17661

On 1/30/2020 at 1:37 PM, Charon84 said:

Tempted with Southampton +2 (@1.61) or +1.75AH (@1.83). Southampton in good form after the break, no important injuries, good scoring averages. I think Liverpool will have a much more difficult game then the WHU match. In the end I suspect them to win, but with a 1 or 2 goal margin (my lean to 1). Will think about this one.

And the Over 2.50 (@1.57), 2.75 (@1.69) and 3.00 (@1.90) look promising too. Liverpool shows vulnerability in every match, but time after time the opponent strikers don't punish it. Ings won't be that guy.

Can't make up my mind. For sure I forfeit the Southampton +XXAH bets. Liverpool too strong, Southampton odds too low.

And doubting about the Over also. My mind is going the other way now. Liverpool controls matches. And can Ings, one player, make the difference in this match against Gomez, Van Dijk and Alisson? Maybe the Under 3.00 and 3.25 and 3.5 is a better bet.

1 hour ago, Charon84 said:

Can't make up my mind. For sure I forfeit the Southampton +XXAH bets. Liverpool too strong, Southampton odds too low.

And doubting about the Over also. My mind is going the other way now. Liverpool controls matches. And can Ings, one player, make the difference in this match against Gomez, Van Dijk and Alisson? Maybe the Under 3.00 and 3.25 and 3.5 is a better bet.

Perhaps under 4 goals and Liverpool to win @@ 2.10 looks safer

18 hours ago, thfc said:

Man City have only kept 4 PL clean sheets this season, and spurs only 3, so BTTS seems highly likely.  I'd disagree with @StevieDay1983 and say over 3.5 goals at around 2.3 would be another play in this game.

Interesting to hear you say that mate. You don't think Jose will try and lock this game down due to your reduced firepower up front? Or do you think it's simply a case of Manchester City's style of play ensuring that approach just won't work?

Arsenal have been undefeated in their last 6 away matches in Premier League.
67% of Tottenham’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Burnley have scored 36% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in each of their last 12 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 69 Football Betting Streaks for 02.02.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-02-2020-17667

Both teams want the win, which means they will play openly. Both defensive lines have no confidence, but Tottenham have Kane's absence to manage
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.55

The two teams are in the middle of the table, with Burnley coming from a 1-2 defeat at home to Norwich. The home team is scoring and scoring goals with great ease this year. In particular, it has allowed its last seven home visits to score six, whatever the outcome. Arsenal have lost six straight games and have won 2-1 at home to Bournemouth in their last game. He's not convinced he can do anything more this year, and that is because of his slow and prone to defensive line. I think the doubleton has good chances
BURNLEY FC vs ARSENAL FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.78

From those two today, I would go with Burnley - Arsenal both teams to score.

City should win, but odds are too low for this kind of game. Also, Spurs are in transition, Jose will setup defensively and while they have been unlucky against Liverpool, this time they can be lucky ones.

Burnley - Arsenal, outcome is hard to predict, but you should expect goals. Burnely will certainly have a chance on set pieces, with physicality they have against Arsenal defense should not be hard to score. On the other hand, Arteta is making changes to Arsenal setup and upfront they are a little bit better. Should be enough to score.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:10 PM, thfc said:

I will play spurs +1 on the handicap at around 2.4 though.  Again, spurs are well rested for this one, whereas Man City had a midweek game to contend with.  City are a bit hit and miss this season, and certainly aren't on the same level as the past two seasons.  I don't think they will be fully motivated for the remainder of the PL games this season, as long as they do enough along the way to get in the top 4.  Spurs have more to play for in that sense and need to close the gap on Chelsea.  Yes Kane is injured, but there is a better feeling about the club with Eriksen and Rose gone, and new signings gedson and bergwijn in, plus lo celso signing permanently is also a big positive.  Spurs were competitive at home to Liverpool recently, and were perhaps unlucky not to draw so have nothing to fear taking on Man City.  We've also done well against them in recent games if you include knocking them out of the CL last season, and fluking a 2-2 draw at City very early this season.