Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Primeira Liga Predictions > Jan 17th - 19th

FC Porto vs SC Braga

FC Porto

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Pepe (14/1 d), Nakajima (12/0 m)

Suspended:

SC Braga

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Pablo (10/0 d), Wallace (4/0 d), Claudemir (5/0 m), Murilo (6/0 f), Koka (6/1 f)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Porto - Braga     19:00h in Portugal

Porto have won 13 of their 16 games in the Portuguese top-flight, including a 2-0 win at their title rivals. In recent games, they have won six and drawn one of their last seven games in the Primeira Liga.

Only Benfica have scored more goals than the home team this season. Their prolific form in front of goal was been on full show of late, as Porto have scored at least two goals in four of their last five league outings.

Porto have been simply formidable on home soil in the Primeira Liga, winning their last 12 league games at the Estadio Do Dragao.

Pepe central defender and Nakajima midfielder are out for the game today.

Braga they need to win points  to go to Europa League . They are currently five points outside the top-four in the Portuguese top-flight.

They had a new coach in 2 games they won both , but is a coach without experience very young .

So Porto is forbidden to loose points because they´re on second place 4 points behind the leader Benfica,  and i think they will win for 2 goals or more.

Porto to win  @ 1.66   ( bookmaker in Portugal i don´t know odds on bet365 because we portugueses are forbiden  yes it´s true to bet on bet 365 )

Sporting - Benfica   21.15h in Portugal

Sporting is my team and tonight as a supporter i´ll be there but without any confidence.  Sporting are 16 points behind Benfica on 4 th place i hate the coach i hate the president and tonight central defender from Sporting , uruaguay international Coates is out  from the game suspended du red card on last game. Also argentinian player and very good player for me the 2 nd best behind Bruno Fernandes , Luciano Vietto is injured and out also .

Benfica have been strong away from home in recent months, winning their last 16 league games on their travels in the Primeira Liga.

The visitors are currently four points clear of rivals Porto at the top of the table, having won 15 of their 16 league games so far this season. Their only blip was a 2-0 defeat against their title rivals in August.

For me tonight e see easy victory for Benfica maybe for 2 or more goals and i don´t understand the odds 1.96 for Benfica victory is crazy for me 1.40 for Benfica it was fair.

Benfica to win @ 1.96   ( bookmaker in Portugal i don´t know odds on bet365 because we portugueses are forbiden  yes it´s true to bet on bet 365 )

Edited by buga00

Famalicao vs Maritimo

The Portuguese Primeira Liga throws up an interesting weekend of fixtures this round. @buga00 has covered the two big games this weekend so I'll take a look at the next one down the pecking order. It's former pace setters and top flight new boys Famalicao hosting Maritimo in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off this Sunday evening at the Estadio Municipal 22 de Junho Vila Nova de Famalicao.

Famalicao have won over a lot of admirers this season with the way they have approached their first season back in the top flight of Portuguese football. Manager Joao Pedro Sousa has his team currently in 3rd place and it appears they have navigated their way through a dodgy spell of results. A 5-game spell without a win was ended thanks to a 3-0 win at home against Vitoria de Setubal. It's now three games unbeaten and the form looks back on track. The team comes into this game having only lost 1 of their 7 league games at home this season.

Maritimo fans will want to see their side start moving on up the table. Manager Jose Gomes has guided his team to 11th in the table so far but they're a distant 9 points adrift of the automatic European qualification spots and only 5 points ahead of the relegation quagmire. Recent form has improved with the defensive side of their game tightening right up. It's 4 matches across all competitions without conceding a goal now. Away form remains a concern given that they've only won 2 of their 7 away league matches but they'll feel they can take something from this game.

I'm going to take a punt here. Even though I think a 1-0 win seems like the most likely outcome for this game I just feel the value on Maritimo getting something from this game is too tempting to turn down. I'm sure our boy Buga00 will curse me for doing this but I'm going to defy the odds and ELO ratings to back this Maritimo defence to grind out a result in this game.

Draw @ 4.10 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.05 with Marathonbet

@betcatalog, @allthethings, @AHbettingPT, @Magic0024, @Odyssey@Xcout, @GreatCaco, @btugero, @FAETTTON, @Sterphyle, @Apeyours. @ivanhoe. @InsyEnergy, and @VYA.

8 hours ago, buga00 said:

Porto - Braga     19:00h in Portugal

Porto have won 13 of their 16 games in the Portuguese top-flight, including a 2-0 win at their title rivals. In recent games, they have won six and drawn one of their last seven games in the Primeira Liga.

Only Benfica have scored more goals than the home team this season. Their prolific form in front of goal was been on full show of late, as Porto have scored at least two goals in four of their last five league outings.

Porto have been simply formidable on home soil in the Primeira Liga, winning their last 12 league games at the Estadio Do Dragao.

Pepe central defender and Nakajima midfielder are out for the game today.

Braga they need to win points  to go to Europa League . They are currently five points outside the top-four in the Portuguese top-flight.

They had a new coach in 2 games they won both , but is a coach without experience very young .

So Porto is forbidden to loose points because they´re on second place 4 points behind the leader Benfica,  and i think they will win for 2 goals or more.

Porto to win  @ 1.66   ( bookmaker in Portugal i don´t know odds on bet365 because we portugueses are forbiden  yes it´s true to bet on bet 365 )

Sporting - Benfica   21.15h in Portugal

Sporting is my team and tonight as a supporter i´ll be there but without any confidence.  Sporting are 16 points behind Benfica on 4 th place i hate the coach i hate the president and tonight central defender from Sporting , uruaguay international Coates is out  from the game suspended du red card on last game. Also argentinian player and very good player for me the 2 nd best behind Bruno Fernandes , Luciano Vietto is injured and out also .

Benfica have been strong away from home in recent months, winning their last 16 league games on their travels in the Primeira Liga.

The visitors are currently four points clear of rivals Porto at the top of the table, having won 15 of their 16 league games so far this season. Their only blip was a 2-0 defeat against their title rivals in August.

For me tonight e see easy victory for Benfica maybe for 2 or more goals and i don´t understand the odds 1.96 for Benfica victory is crazy for me 1.40 for Benfica it was fair.

Benfica to win @ 1.96   ( bookmaker in Portugal i don´t know odds on bet365 because we portugueses are forbiden  yes it´s true to bet on bet 365 )

big surprise was Porto lost 1-2 at home and no chances for the titile  Benfica will be the champion.

On Benfica game as i said the expected happens  0-2 for benfica