** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Jan 15th - 18th

Both teams are offensive and have weak defenses. At home Monaco are excellent last, but Paris have a great tradition and will look for a rematch from Sunday's 3-3. Difficult match for predictions, with goals again the first reason in the match
AS MONACO vs PARIS SAINT GERMAIN@@ Over 2,5, odds 1.80

9 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Both teams are offensive and have weak defenses. At home Monaco are excellent last, but Paris have a great tradition and will look for a rematch from Sunday's 3-3. Difficult match for predictions, with goals again the first reason in the match

Who's paying 1.80? 

14 hours ago, betcatalog said:

What bookie pays 1.80 on over 2.5 goals? I think you have written a little bit wrong here because I get with Unibet 1.73 on over 3.5 goals and 1.27 on over 2.5 goals.

ligue1ratings.jpg

ligue2ratings.jpg

It's a strange week in French football. Ligue 1 matches are scarce but taking place in midweek. Then there's only a single Ligue 2 game. I'm focusing on the Friday game in Ligue 2 because I've covering a preview for the FA Cup replays tonight but there's some tips already flying about for Ligue 1 tonight including the game between Monaco and PSG. Tell us your predictions. :ok

@Pep004, @sodabrab, @giraldi, @Magic0024, @allthethings, @DrO, @malabgd, @Xcout, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @FCNA, @silver fox, @thinkpink63, @TOTTI3, @Warbirds, @Rey86, @four-leaf, @AussieDex, and @canaries91.

Guingamp vs Lens

This week, I'm using the lack of Ligue 1 games on the weekend to take the opportunity to cover the action in Ligue 2. My focus for the preview this weekend is the match between Guingamp and Lens in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at the Stade de Roudourou on Saturday evening. The home side will be looking to win to get back in contention for the play-offs as the away team aim to consolidate their spot in the promotion berths.

Guingamp are looking to bounce straight back to Ligue 1 after relegation last season but things aren't quite going as well as their fans had hoped. Head coach Sylvain Didot has guided his team to 10th place and 6 points off the play-off pace with a game in hand. Inconsistent home form has been a stumbling block with the club winning just 3 of their 10 home league games. It's impossible to expect a promotion push when you're failing to win most of your matches on home turf. This has included failing to win any of their last 4 games at home. The 5-1 win away to Chateauroux will have done their confidence the world of good but can they transfer that performance to their home ground?

It's hard to believe that Lens won the Ligue 1 title as recently as 1997/98 and finished as runners-up in 2001/02. Not to mention UEFA Cup semi-finalists in 1999/2000. The club narrowly missed out on a return to Ligue 1 last season but things are going well so far in this campaign. Head coach Philippe Montanier has led his team to 2nd in the table and they're just 2 points off top placed Lorient with a game in hand. Impressive home form with 7 wins from their 9 league games has been key but just 2 losses on the road in the league this season has also helped.

I think the away side have to be backed here. If they want to earn automatic promotion this season then this is the sort of game they need to be winning. Lens haven't had the best away form lately but I think the 2-1 win away to Ajaccio in their last venture on the road will restore confidence that has been knocked recently. Guingamp look to be faltering and I'd be surprised if they build up a run of form to make a play-off push. Lens to sneak a narrow win in this one for me.

Lens to Win @ 2.91 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.95 with Coral