Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Championship Predictions > Jan 17th - 20th

Fulham vs Middlesbrough

The Championship action starts on Friday night this weekend when Fulham play Middlesbrough in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at Craven Cottage. Both sides are in decent form at the moment so this will be a good test of their confidence. Can the home side push on and apply pressure to the automatic promotion chasers or will the away team extend their unbeaten run to climb up the table?

Fulham currently sit in 4th place but the club are some way off the pace of the automatic promotion spots they were expected to contest this season. The Cottagers are now 7 points behind 2nd placed Leeds. Scott Parker will be pleased that his side have picked up some vital wins lately having lost just 1 of their last 4 league games. They boast the third best home record in the division only behind Preston and Brentford so they'll be confident coming into this one. However, we should be wary because they did lose their last home game 2-1 against Reading.

Middlesbrough started the season very poorly and it looked like they would either need to part ways with inexperienced manager Jonathan Woodgate or face relegation. The club's fortunes have turned around drastically lately with a run of 5 league games undefeated including 4 wins. Just 1 loss in their last 4 away league games is further proof of a Boro side that is looking rejuvenated. The last two away trips for Boro have seen them go to two of the toughest grounds in the league belonging to West Brom and Preston and win both matches 2-0.

Recent form has thrown a spanner in the works of this game. Middlesbrough are really coming strong. I do wonder what impact the FA Cup 3rd Round replay trip to Tottenham in midweek will have on them and I think that will be the defining factor here. Fulham are also doing well at the moment but have looked a bit shaky at home. I think ordinarily I would back the ELO ratings to say Middlesbrough will get something but I think playing in midweek whilst Fulham will be fresh will be a detriment.

Fulham to Win @ 1.92 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.72 with Sportingbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, @mrclubbie, @MrJol, and @the bastardian.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Middlesbrough have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in 93% of their home matches in Championship.
Middlesbrough have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 38 Football Betting Streaks for 17.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-01-2020-17446

Fulham FC vs Middlesbrough

Fulham FC

Doubtful: Steven Sessegnon (10/0 d), Harrison Reed (17/0 m), Maxime Le Marchand (8/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Aleksandar Mitrovic (26/18 f, Championship top scorer)

Suspended: -

Middlesbrough

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Daniel Ayala (25/2 d), Britt Assombalonga (20/6 f, top scorer), Anfernee Dijksteel (12/0 m), George Friend (2/0 d, captain), Ryan Shotton (13/0 d), Darren Randolph (14/0 first goalkeeper, left the club)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Millwall have scored in each of their last 13 home matches in Championship.
Reading have been undefeated in their last 7 matches in Championship.
Birmingham City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 home matches in Championship.
Cardiff City have scored in each of their last 6 away matches in Championship.
Huddersfield conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 106 Football Betting Streaks for 18.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-01-2020-17472

Birmingham vs Cardiff

Oh God, here we go again! OK, so I shouldn't be moaning. Cardiff are still only 4 points off the play-off place in the Championship but we're playing so badly with such a turgid brand of football. We travel to Birmingham for this 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon and every game just feels so laborious right now. Is there some way we can win this one?

Birmingham are just about matching the limited expectations set for them this season. The Blues are in 18th place and 8 points above the relegation zone. Pep Clotet will be keen to see his team improve their very average home record if they want to avoid getting sucked into a relegation battle for another season. The 2-1 win away to Luton in their last game brought an end to a winless run of 6 league matches but that has hardly breathed confidence into those punters faced with the prospect of backing them.

Cardiff endured a tough FA Cup 3rd Round replay tie away to Carlisle in midweek. A 7-goal thriller saw the Bluebirds just edge it but it once again showed our defensive instabilities. Another away game will provide a new test. Cardiff have only lost 2 of their 13 games in all competitions under Neil Harris but the standard of football suggests we've been fortunate. Just 1 win in our last 7 league games is a more honest portrayal of our performances.

I've not been keen to back us to win any games on the road this season. We do look better away from home under Harris than we did under Neil Warnock but that really isn't saying a lot. Harris has made some much-needed changes lately so I think if he continues with Alex Smithies in goal, Sean Morrison in defence, and maybe look to inject some pace up top with Josh Murphy or Danny Ward starting then we could get a win here. The draw seems more realistic but I'm quietly hoping we can sneak a win.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.80 with William Hill

Banker of the day in the Championship is Swansea for me. Brewster, Ayew and Baston up top. At home I think they will have to much for Wigan. Just outside the playoffs and Wigan in the bottom 3. Enough said. 19/20 so will roll them up into a double with Lazio at home today. 

Nottm Forest v Lutton

Nottm is a descent team on the 6th place on the tables with the thirs best defense in the league 

Lutton is at the last place on the tables and had four loses in a row Away

i believe there wont be any surprises on this game

Nottm Forest to win and over 1.5 goals

at 1.83

West Brom conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.
West Brom have scored in 92% of their home matches in Championship.
Stoke City conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their away matches in Championship.
West Brom conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 23 Football Betting Streaks for 20.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-01-2020-17528

Birmingham City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 15 matches in Championship.
Barnsley conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 home matches in Championship.
Preston have drawn their last 3 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 37 Football Betting Streaks for 21.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-01-2020-17555

WBA - Stoke

WBA have been far from their usual level lately and tonight they'll try to end their winless streak in Championship which is now a month long. On the other side we have Stoke that have been underachieving heavily but have shown signs of improvement lately. The present situation is far from ideal for Stoke but I think they have enough quality players in their ranks to turn things in their favour and bring Sroke to calm waters far from relegation battle. 

Wba plays fluid, attacking football with many short passes and are really dangerous upfront. On the other hand their defence is leaking at times and is definitely weaker part of the team. The same can be said for Stoke - a team that will punish opponent's offensive approach but can concede anytime. 

One might expect a little tighter approach from both teams tonight because WBA wants to get back on the winning track and Stoke will try to escape from the relegation zone but still I see goals in this one. An early goal for any of the teams would be ideal for my bet and that's exactly what I expect. 

total goals OVER 2,5

both teams to score