** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 18th & 19th

Watford vs Tottenham

The Premier League action begins this weekend with a 12:30pm GMT kick-off between Watford and Tottenham at Vicarage Road on Saturday lunchtime. The host team are discovering a decent run of form right now under new manager Nigel Pearson and they face a travelling side that is suffering from a bit of an injury crisis. Who will prevail as the winners?

Watford come into this game in 17th place and 1 point above the relegation zone. It's a huge turnaround for a side that looked lost at the bottom of the table just a month or so ago. Pearson has come in and lost just 1 of his 7 league games in charge. That defeat was away to Liverpool so can kind of be excused as well given their form this season. The Hornets remain undefeated at home under Pearson and that includes winning their last three home league games and conceding just 1 goal in those matches.

Tottenham had started life under Jose Mourinho reasonably positively but a range of injuries including to star striker Harry Kane has hit the team hard. Spurs are now in 8th place but still 9 points off the Champions League qualification spots. The club are now winless in three league games and their 2-1 win against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup 3rd Round replay during midweek was hardly convincing. Until new signings are brought in it looks like Tottenham could be a team struggling to pick up points. Particularly on the road.

I'm not sure whether to back the home win or a draw. I don't have a lot of confidence in Tottenham at the moment but Mourinho does have a habit of grinding out the results when his sides are up against it. The ELO ratings still favour Tottenham but it's very tight. On that basis, I'm going to have to back the draw. If I was being bold and backing a correct score I'd say 1-1. It'll be close however this ends up.

Draw @ 3.60 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.70 with Sportingbet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadam, @bettingfellow, @ivanhoe, @Charon84, @Costanzi84and @AndreBR.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Watford have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
31% of Chelsea’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Tottenham conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Premier League.
Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in each of their last 14 matches in Premier League.
Norwich City have failed to win in their last 8 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 106 Football Betting Streaks for 18.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-01-2020-17472

Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd

Arsenal

Doubtful: Hector Bellerin (3/0 d), Lucas Torreira (19/1 m), Sead Kolašinac (16/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Calum Chambers (14/1 d), Kieran Tierney (5/0 d)

Suspended: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (22/14 f, captain, top scorer)

Sheffield Utd

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Brighton vs Aston Villa

Brighton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Leon Balogun (0/0 d), Dan Burn (21/1 d), Jose Izquierdo (0/0 f)

Aston Villa

Doubtful: Jonathan Kodjia (6/0 f, probably out)

Out (injuries/other): Wesley (21/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Thomas Heaton (20/0 first goalkeeper), John McGinn (18/3 m), Jed Steer (1/0 g), Keinan Davis (6/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I like Sheff Utd +1 which can be had for just around even money.  Other than at Liverpool and Man City, Sheffield United have not lost away from home, and that includes games at Chelsea, and Spurs.  Given Aubameyang is out, I think Sheff United are more than capable of getting a draw with Arsenal, who are still in indifferent form, with the win against Man U their only home win since October.

Crystal Palace can be had at 29s if you fancy them to repeat their win from last season at the Etihad.  Palace +3 is again around the evens mark and I think that is more than fair given they have one of the tighter defences in the PL.  I can't see Man City winning that easily in this one.

Tottenham need the points to win this match. This is probably their last chance to stay in the fight for a Champions League place. I am not sure if they are able to win, but I think it will score. Watford, meanwhile, are in excellent form, averaging four wins and a draw in their last five league games. The confidence of the players is very high. With Tottenham conceding 21 goals in 14 appearances under Mourinho, I think Watford will score
WATFORD FC vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ Both team to score, odds 1.65

Brighton - Aston Villa

I`ve seen a couple of Brighton`s matches since Potter took charge and I have to say I was pleased with what I saw.  They beat Bournemouth at home, Chelsea sneaked out with a lucky draw and last week Everton was better and outplayed them but in the end the Seagulls could take a point. They were a bit unlucky not to take something more out of those games in my opinion. Home record is crucial in Brighton`s Premier League prospects  and that`s why I think they`ll do their best to win today - they simply feel and play much better at home than away.

As far as Aston Villa is concerned I thought they would give City much more headache last week, but the match ended up in a complete disaster for the Villains. OK, they were playing against City, but their defence looked just awful. They looked completely disorganized and clueless. Even Pep Guardiola was sympathetic towards them in an interview after the match. They`ve signed Pepe Reina this week and he will make a debut today and that is something that might give Villa some confidence.

Given the importance of the match I think we`ll see close match with a goal or two but I believe Brighton should prevail in the end. GL!

Brighton to win @ 1,65

Total goals scored UNDER 2,5

15 hours ago, thfc said:

I like Sheff Utd +1 which can be had for just around even money.  Other than at Liverpool and Man City, Sheffield United have not lost away from home, and that includes games at Chelsea, and Spurs.  Given Aubameyang is out, I think Sheff United are more than capable of getting a draw with Arsenal, who are still in indifferent form, with the win against Man U their only home win since October.

Crystal Palace can be had at 29s if you fancy them to repeat their win from last season at the Etihad.  Palace +3 is again around the evens mark and I think that is more than fair given they have one of the tighter defences in the PL.  I can't see Man City winning that easily in this one.

Completely agree aboout Palace. One of the best teams in the league defensive vise. 

If I bet on Sheffield I'd try a DRAW at HT or FT because I think they are more than capable to take something from the Emirates today. 

I´m take the Both2Score in the Arsenal Game. Arsenal without Auba unpredictable and think at Home they can score here against a danger Sheffield Utd Team who are full of confidence and now after X-Mas and New Year Games with this small Squad - full of freshnes.

Other bets for me are the Draw in WestHam-Everton Game and in the Saints-Wolves Game. Think in both Games - both Teams will be agree with that Draw at the Moment.

Also for me is the Over 2.5 in the Norwich-Bournemouth Game. Important Game and Norwich maybe with Pukki back in Action today.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Burnley have lost their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have scored in each of their last 21 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd conceded at least 1 goal in 91% of their away matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored in each of their last 8 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 81 Football Betting Streaks for 19.01.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-01-2020-17498

Liverpool vs Manchester United

OK, there's only two previews in this weekend's Premier League thread because there's a full schedule of midweek matches coming up. The second game I'm focusing on is the 4:30pm GMT clash this Sunday afternoon between bitter rivals Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield. It seems that these clubs are worlds apart in their circumstances right now but it was a draw when they met earlier this season.

Liverpool continue to look like champions elect. Manchester City dropping points again today was another favour sorted for the Reds. Jurgen Klopp's side are now 13 points clear ahead of Pep Guardiola's men in 2nd place with two games in hand. Leicester are 16 points behind but have only played one game more than Liverpool. It's now 38 league games undefeated for Liverpool and this includes winning 29 of the last 30 league games. That single game they didn't win? A draw against Manchester United. The club has now won 18 league games at home in a row. Only 3 more wins at Anfield are needed to beat the club record set in 1972.

Manchester United might be coming into this game as firm underdogs but they're actually unbeaten against the teams placed in the top four in the league this season. Whatever criticism Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has faced he clearly has a knack of setting his team up effectively against the more established sides. However, they do come into this game with their worst points tally after 22 league games since the 1989/90 season.

This is a dangerous game to bet on. United have been turning it on for the tough games this season and I wouldn't put it past them doing it again here. You look at their bang average away record in the league and you want to write them off. You then remember this is the derby game for these clubs and form goes out of the window. I think the odds backing a Liverpool win are a little stingy but I think if we're going to be bold and bet on exact outcomes then it's worth a punt on Liverpool to get the job done but it should be a decent game.

Liverpool -1 @ 2.10 with SpreadEx

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.10 with Bet365

Liverpool's logical favorite, but in the performances the ace plays is unobtrusive. United have gone up defensively and are expected to close even more. I expect the match to move within a reasonable amount of goals and so I will choose both teams to score.
LIVERPOOL FC vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@ Both team to score, odds 1.95

Latest info suggests Rashford won't play. And because he's such an important Manu player at the moment, this means disaster for the Devils. I pull the trigger on Liverpool -1 AH @1.80 then. At home in this form no English team will stop them and certainly not Manu without Rashford. 2-0 or 3-0 most likely outcome in my opinion.