** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 11th January

Darran

Given the 3 losers last week had 9pts bet on them between them it was a relief to come out with just a small loss on the day as at one stage it was looking like it was going to be a huge loss. With Darlington winning on Wednesday that covered the loss on Saturday (at best prices available) I will take that going into this Saturday's action. I have 7 bets this week with 6 in the league games and 1 in the FA Trophy.

Previews to follow

Billericay v Slough

Granted they have only played 9 home league games this season because they have had issues with their pitch, but Billericay are yet to lose at home have won 5 and drawn 4. That is some going baring in mind the upheaval they have had this season and the fact they have struggled on the road. Having said that they were much improved at Bath last Saturday despite losing 2-1 and then on Tuesday night they beat the league leaders Wealdstone 3-1 at home. Slough are having a good season and are in 4th, but in their last 6 games they have won just twice and one of those was against Braintree so I think Billericay are more than capable of beating another promotion hopeful here. In my view they shouldn't be as big as 11/5

Hemel Hempstead v Havant & Waterlooville

Havant have still yet to lose away from home and have only lost 3 league games all season which is the fewest in the division. They are the best side in the division, but as they did at Braintree the other week they have dropped silly points. They lost last week at Maidstone when they should have really picked up a point at least and they should be odds on to beat a Hemel side who are struggling. The home side have only managed 1 win in their last 10 games and although they ought to have won at Chippenham on Tuesday night they let in 2 careless goals against a team who were also in poor form. In their last 10 games Havant have scored in all of them and in 7 of them have scored 2 or more goals so Havant don't need any gift wrapped goals to score. This should be an away win

Wealdstone v Welling

Wealdstone are in a bit of a dip at the moment which isn't a surprise as they were always going to struggle to keep up their strong start. As mentioned above they deservedly lost to Billericay on Tuesday and they also lost to Oxford City on Saturday. This game though does look the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways and I think they can cover the -1 handicap. Welling have lost 5 of their last 6 games and have been conceding goals for fun as well. They have a new manager, but I am not sure how much difference that is going to make especially as they have been losing players, including two to Glenn Tamplin's Romford this week. The home side really ought to be winning this by at least 2 goals.

Weymouth v Dulwich Hamlet

I am hoping Dulwich are now showing the quality they should be showing and did show in August. They have scored 9 goals in their last two games putting 3 past Hampton and 6 past Braintree last Saturday. Travelling to Weymouth is obviously a step up, but Weymouth have lost 2 of their last 3 at home and Dulwich have been strong away from home all season, picking up plenty of draws in their long spell between victories. They also travelled to Havant and beat them in the FA Cup. I think this game is much closer than the bookies suggest as I would have Hamlet around 2/1 so they rate a value bet.

Spennymoor v Kettering

I am backing Kettering again here as they look a big price at 5/1 to win this. I have tipped up Kettering enough of late that I don't really need to repeat about them, but they won for us last Saturday. Spennymoor are in another dodgy spell and have only won 2 of their last 7 games and have lost 3 of their last 4. Granted going to Kings Lynn and having a man sent off is always going to be hard, but in my view there isn't a great deal between these two sides at the moment and given Kettering are clearly in a false league position they just shouldn't be a 5/1 chance. I would have them no bigger than 2/1 myself.

Gainsborough Trinity v Witton

Trinty have improved for their new manager and are now unbeaten in 5 games. Like Kettering I think they are in a false position at the moment and with Witton only picking up 1 point in their last 5 it looks a nice chance for the home side to continue their rise up the table.

Barrow v FCUM

I was hoping Barrow were going to put out the same side they did on Tuesday in the FA Trophy replay, but it seems it will be more like they one they put out against Ebbsfleet last Saturday. They won that game 7-0, but I think in many ways this will be a tougher game for them. For a start Barrow's main task is winning the National League so this Trophy tie is not a priority. FCUM are a much better side than Atherton so they will be in for a tougher game as well. FCUM are also in flying form winning 7 of their last 9 league games and drawing the other two. In that spell they have score 30 goals and although they have only kept one clean sheet in that spell there has to be a chance they can outscore a Barrow side in a game they will be more motivated to win. I still think a price of 21/4 is a value price about an away win.

Billericay 1pt @ 11/5 with BetVictor

Havant & Waterlooville 4pts @ 21/20 with Betfred and BetVictor

Wealdstone -1 2pts @ 17/10 with Betfair, Paddy Power, Betfred and Betway

Dulwich 1pt @ 27/10 with BetVictor

Kettering 1pt @ 5/1 with Bet365

Gainsborough 2pts @ 31/20 with BetVictor 

FCUM 1pt @ 21/4 with BetVictor

1 hour ago, Neubs said:

@Darran

What would you say to a Dover win against Hartlepool. Hartlepool with Mid-Week Game and also some Players are out - Dover without a Game since New Years Day. So maybe we have here some Value at the odds for the Dover win?

Dover have been poor at home on the whole although they did beat Bromley on Boxing Day. Can see where you are coming from though for sure

Hey Darren..Im on HAVANT today..I used to be there press officer in the mid 90,s when i was studying journalism at Highbury Collage in Pompey...I only found out last month that Tony Mount their old manager, well his son is none other than Mason Mount of Chelsea and England...They were only Havant back then and Waterlooville was their local derby..Used to get very firey i seem to remember lol.. Good luck today mate