** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super Lig Predictions > Jan 17th - 20th

• 2 weeks later...

Rizespor vs Genclerbirligi

Apologies for this late Turkish Super Lig preview. The local utilities company have been carrying out work around my area and it's affected the internet supply today so I'm getting on a little bit later than I hoped. Hopefully, you'll be able to read this before kick-off in the 5pm GMT game anyway between Rizespor and Genclerbirligi at the Yeni Rize Sehir Stadium.

Rizespor are currently sat in 12th place in the table and are now only 6 points above the relegation zone. Any faint aspirations of gatecrashing the Europa League qualification spots now seems to be fading even further with the club now 11 points adrift of 4th placed Fenerbahce. Ismail Kartal's side come into this game struggling for form with just 1 win from their last 7 matches across all competitions. The inconsistency of their home form means their fans won't be overly confident coming into this one.

Genclerbirligi were a side I remember back from the days of the old UEFA Cup in the 1990s I think it was. Playing the likes of Aston Villa. Halcyon days. The club is now languishing in 13th place but they do come into this game in slightly better form than their opponents. Hamza Hamzaoglu's men have lost just 2 of their last 8 matches. However, back-to-back defeats by a 3-goal margin on the road does leave me wondering if they will have enough self belief away from home to get any points here.

I'm usually reluctant to back the away side in these Monday night games in the Turkish Super Lig. The reason I feel Genclerbirligi could be worth backing is that they're doing OK lately. The defeat to Fenerbahce wasn't unsurprising and they only had 10 men in the loss to Besiktas. I feel they're worth backing for the draw but I actually think they could even sneak a win against a Rizespor team that are really struggling to find their feet right now.

Draw @ 3.55 with VBet

BTTS @ 1.67 with SportNation

@black_baar and @vratislav, any thoughts?