Announcements
** Nap's Competition Result : 1st Barnsley Chop, 2nd Daisychain, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, 4th Marmalade, KO Cup Tipsterix, Most Winners Calva Decoy**
**June Poker League Result : 1st Autogree £75, 2nd Rivrd £45, 3rd Ian309 £30**
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Eredivisie Predictions > Jan 17th - 19th

FC Twente vs Groningen

It's a challenging weekend in the Dutch Eredivisie this week with a number of matches that are either close calls or have poor odds attached to them. I'm willing to take a bit of a risk this round by covering FC Twente versus Groningen in a 6:45pm GMT kick-off this Saturday evening at De Grolsch Veste. Only two places separate these teams in the table so who will prevail victorious?

FC Twente are struggling get points on the board right now. The club is in 12th place but now only 4 points above the relegation play-off spot. Gonzalo Garcia had seen his team start the season well with an unbeaten run of 6 league games. However, form has tailed off since then and it's now just 2 wins in 11 league matches. Home form has been a particular issue with just a 33% win ratio at home in the league. Conceding goals appears to be the big problem with FC Twente letting in 19 goals at home already this season.

Groningen head into this game full of confidence on the road. Danny Buijs has led the team to 10th in the table and just 4 points off the European play-off positions. It's only 1 loss in their last 4 away league games. Granted, they've only won 2 of their 9 matches in the league on the road but they've become a team hard to break down away from home. It's a huge temptation to back them against an FC Twente side that are really toiling at the moment.

I'm still unsure which bet is the best option but with the ELO ratings showing a fair bit of favour towards Groningen in the performances then it demands some consideration. I think given the fact that I'm torn on the draw and the away win I have to back the draw simply because it offers better value. If Groningen were slightly more capable away from home then I'd be willing to take a risk but the fact they seem to be able to grind out draws on the road but rarely pick up all 3 points then it has to be the draw.

Draw @ 3.45 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.96 with Marathonbet

@laprikon, @TOTTI3, @Rimmed, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @FAETTTON, @malabgd, @Niceguy, @craigh, and @Charon84.

FC Twente vs FC Groningen

FC Twente

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Jorn Brondeel (2/0 g), Wout Brama (9/0 m), Paul Verhaegh (5/0 d), José Matos (2/0 d)

Suspended: Calvin Verdonk (16/1 d)

FC Groningen

Doubtful: Samir Memišević (8/1 d), Ko Itakura (18/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Amir Absalem (5/0 d), Gabriel Gudmundsson (11/2 m)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com