** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

First Division A Predictions > Jan 17th - 19th

• 2 weeks later...

Oostende vs Waasland-Beveren

One of the things I love most about covering the European leagues each week is looking into the form of teams that I wouldn't ordinarily keep tabs on. This week is an example of that as I preview the match-up between the two lowly placed sides in the Belgian First Division A of Oostende and Waasland-Beveren in a 7pm GMT kick-off on Saturday evening at the Versluys Arena in Ostend.

Oostende are in 14th place but still a clear 7 points ahead of bottom-placed Cercle Brugge. The prospect of relegation hasn't completely vanished yet but it won't take many more wins to pull themselves away from the danger. Fortunately, Dennis van Wijk's side come into this game knowing their home form is actually not too bad. It's their away form of 9 losses from 11 away league games that is the main reason they're floundering in the league. Recent form isn't great though with three defeats in a row but those games were all away. At home, it's three league games undefeated including back-to-back wins against Gent and Anderlecht.

Waasland-Beveren find themselves in a slightly worse predicament than their opponents for this game. Arnauld Mercier has seen his team struggle in the league with the club in 15th place and just 6 points ahead of Cercle Brugge. Last season was a close call for the team so they'll want to avoid being sucked into a nerve-wracking relegation battle as the season goes on. Sadly, just 1 win from 10 away league games suggests this might not be the game where points will come in. Their recent form has picked up with three games without loss but their points tally on their travels remains unconvincing with 4 defeats in their last 5 away games.

This is your classic relegation six pointer. Whoever wins this game will strike a points and psychological blow to their opponents. Sometimes it can be easier as the away team in a game like this because the pressure and nerves from the crowd doesn't affect you. However, I think this is one game where Oostende will have enough to pick up the win and move clear of the relegation spot.

Oostende to Win @ 2.04 with Coral

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.73 with William Hill

@laprikon, @VYA, @Magic0024, @the bastardian, @ElPrincipito007, @Chaserapp, and @Marc Kearney.